Apply for Steam Mac Beta

Go here to download portal at least

steam://run/400

When I do that, I don't get the error, but it doesn't seem like anything is happening. Hrm.

Edit: It lets me look at my games! :D I just started my download of Torchlight.

I can get world of goo, portal and torchlight to download. World of goo will play in the steam overlay. Can't get TF2 to download yet. What other games are supposed to work on launch?

Portal is the only Valve game with the launch.

Also, worked out why it won't launch, one of the points about Steam is that they can ship every bit of content but the app required to load it. They're taking advantage of that with this (it'll download all the Portal and Source Engine content, minus the actual engine)

Another update just came through for Steam and now it's not yelling at me anymore about it being a closed beta. The store still isn't browsable though.

I have it installed, and I am currently downloading Portal to give it a try and see how it works, I noticed however, that all of my games are listed except for Team Fortress 2 for some reason, and I am not certain as to what has happened to it. I will restart the client later after the download to see if it appears on my list again.

I have it installed, and I am currently downloading Portal to give it a try and see how it works, I noticed however, that all of my games are listed except for Team Fortress 2 for some reason, and I am not certain as to what has happened to it. I will restart the client later after the download to see if it appears on my list again.

I noticed this too. I imagine it's just a bug, though TF2 isn't going to be available on the Mac right off the bat.

BTW:

post-17580-12736878127403.png

Looks like Killing Floor is also installable :p. Downloading that now on my iMac at home (along with Portal and Torchlight).

This is such a great step.

We just need for Apple to release decent graphics cards on their iMac / Mac Pro line and better OpenGL drivers.

Or release a new Mac line with emphasis on gaming

This is such a great step.

We just need for Apple to release decent graphics cards on their iMac / Mac Pro line and better OpenGL drivers.

Or release a new Mac line with emphasis on gaming

Something like a "hobbyist" version of the Mac Pro would probably sell well, but Apple only wants to sell the "whole package."

Something like a "hobbyist" version of the Mac Pro would probably sell well, but Apple only wants to sell the "whole package."

Indeed, if Steam really gains momentum on Mac OSX, maybe Apple will see it as a business opportunity

Too bad Steve Jobs hates gaming though

So the MAC store shows more games available, and they are Steam Play, but I do not have the option to install them as I already bought them on PC.

like Civ IV for example.

I bet Crossover for Mac are not looking at this with excitement. Steam & Team Fortress 2 were the main reasons my friends ever bought that software :laugh:

While that is true, even for me, I still run other games on Crossover now that I have access to it.