Every Black Hole Contains Another Universe?

Every Black Hole Contains Another Universe?

And our universe may sit in another universe's black hole, equations predict.

black-holes-hold-universe_18665_600x450.jpg

A supermassive black hole sits inside the galaxy Centaurus A, seen in an artist's conception.

Like part of a cosmic Russian doll, our universe may be nested inside a black hole that is itself part of a larger universe.

In turn, all the black holes found so far in our universe?from the microscopic to the supermassive?may be doorways into alternate realities.

According to a mind-bending new theory, a black hole is actually a tunnel between universes?a type of wormhole. The matter the black hole attracts doesn't collapse into a single point, as has been predicted, but rather gushes out a "white hole" at the other end of the black one, the theory goes.

In a recent paper published in the journal Physics Letters B, Indiana University physicist Nicodem Poplawski presents new mathematical models of the spiraling motion of matter falling into a black hole. His equations suggest such wormholes are viable alternatives to the "space-time singularities" that Albert Einstein predicted to be at the centers of black holes.

According to Einstein's equations for general relativity, singularities are created whenever matter in a given region gets too dense, as would happen at the ultradense heart of a black hole.

Einstein's theory suggests singularities take up no space, are infinitely dense, and are infinitely hot?a concept supported by numerous lines of indirect evidence but still so outlandish that many scientists find it hard to accept.

If Poplawski is correct, they may no longer have to.

According to the new equations, the matter black holes absorb and seemingly destroy is actually expelled and becomes the building blocks for galaxies, stars, and planets in another reality.

Story continued here.

According to a mind-bending new theory, a black hole is actually a tunnel between universes?a type of wormhole.

This has been suggested for years now.

Quite interesting nonetheless

I think it's a bit far fetched.

Sometimes people want to see more than there is.

Considering what we really know about black holes, I'd say it isn't. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure – at least in our lifetime. It's quite interesting nonetheless.

I'd certainly like to travel through one of those wormholes and see where it takes me.

Even if it was a pathway between alternate universes (Which would conflict with the idea of hawking radiation, unless every black hole is also a white hole, but that leads to more questions), you wouldn't survive the journey (gravity's a bitch)

Even if it was a pathway between alternate universes (Which would conflict with the idea of hawking radiation, unless every black hole is also a white hole, but that leads to more questions), you wouldn't survive the journey (gravity's a bitch)

Unless you converted yourself to energy and tried to fly in as photons of light.

In either case, you're dead.

The same was said about the earth revolving around the sun, people were burned at the stake for this witchcraft and heresy.

Nowadays we have traded the stakes for the internet and continue to flame ideas not in inquisitions, but forums.

Never close your mind.

Any more far fetched than a massive hole in space that devours everything that gets close to it, so powerful not even light can escape it?

Is it as far fetched as a big rock spinning around in space and suspended in mid air??

Considering what we really know about black holes, I'd say it isn't. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure ? at least in our lifetime. It's quite interesting nonetheless.

well technicaly could know in our lifetimes its just nearly impossible that we will

Cute bedtime story, nothing more. Interesting theory though.

These sort of answers are the most staggering of the lot! This is indicative of how most of the human race think! No evidence whatsoever to support what THEY think, but rubbish any sort of unconventional wisdom because of the lack of understanding or refusal to concede that very little on this scale makes real sense to anyone. That once we accept the way to really understand our world and universe, is to concede that the only way forward is to think completely out of the box! This or we will remain cavemen and forever stand and stare up at the stars and think that it's magic!

• Like 3

Agreed, brilliant idea. But just a theory at the moment, with no way to prove it. If this is true, we know nothing can escape a black hole. So that means it is one way street for whatever is travelling into it.
I'd certainly like to travel through one of those wormholes and see where it takes me.
The sheer gravity forces would crush/tear you apart long before you got through. Not to mention any time dilation effects...

The same was said about the earth revolving around the sun, people were burned at the stake for this witchcraft and heresy.

Nowadays we have traded the stakes for the internet and continue to flame ideas not in inquisitions, but forums.

Never close your mind.

Conversely, never open it so far that if falls out on to the floor. :p

This theory isn't particularly new... Science Fiction authors have postulated similar for their stories for many many decades and even in scientific circles, it's not exactly new.

Nice idea, but really, how do you propose to survive the extreme gravimetric forces AND the massive amounts of hard radiation long enough to actually find out?

Plus, if this were true, where are all the white holes? :p

Yeah, thats what I thought. Maybe they are just REALLY far out in the universe. Like just beyond our reach.

For more thoughts on this idea, see also Lee Smolin's Fecund universes, which attempts to use this theory to explain why our universe can be so stable and orderly enough to give time for lifeforms to appear (instead of popping out of existence in a millisecond), and such things.

He basically propose that only a stable universe can give rise to many new universes in this "black holes spawn universes" theory (a simple matter of time - there's no time for one to do so if it collapses early), where the new universes would be reasonably similar to the parent. Hence only the more stable variants survive, in a form of natural selection.

Hawking is limited by one thing though, his human mind. He's only human, who can and will be proven wrong when people prove for themselves what's really out there.

Conversely, never open it so far that if falls out on to the floor. :p

This theory isn't particularly new... Science Fiction authors have postulated similar for their stories for many many decades and even in scientific circles, it's not exactly new.

Nice idea, but really, how do you propose to survive the extreme gravimetric forces AND the massive amounts of hard radiation long enough to actually find out?

How do you know that the "gravimetric" forces will even pull you apart? Have you ever personally flown into a black hole? Has any scientist you've gotten your information from ever flown into a black hole? :) Keep an open mind, it isn't impossible until it's proven impossible, otherwise it's theoretical.

Considering what we really know about black holes, I'd say it isn't. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure ? at least in our lifetime. It's quite interesting nonetheless.

It really doesn't interest me because there is no way of knowing.

well technicaly could know in our lifetimes its just nearly impossible that we will

True. And that's why I never say never (e.g. We'll never know for sure someday.)

It really doesn't interest me because there is no way of knowing.

Just because you can't know for sure doesn't mean you shouldn't be interested. :happy:

I'd like to believe Time Travel is possible.. but I saw Michio Kaku say something along the lines of.. if you actually did travel forward in time, you wouldn't be in the same dimension , and you would not have control over your conscious self or something to that matter.