Crysis 2 PS3 'performs better than 360 version'

And?

If it looks impressive, it looks impressive.

Untill it moves

say you have a baked skylight with a character in a standard position hands down at the sides. you get the typic clay model rendering, looks really impressive for the laymen, nice shading and all.

then you raise his arms up as if someones pointing a gun at him... oh wait.. the shading stays the same, for sime reason his sides are still shades as if his arms where blocking light.... oooh impressive.

the sad thing is of course, that a lot of people wouldn't even notice this shading flaw and thing the shadows still look impressive.

that's untill you pyt it side by side(like that video) to a scene with actual dynamic shading, the shading isn't as smooth, or crisp, but it's moves accurately and for some reaosn you can't really explain (unless you've actually eorked with 3D and shading and know the difference) despite the slightly uglier shadows, the whole thing looks better. it's suddenly got "life"

You...

You completely misread that sentence. He's saying that Killzone 2, AT LAUNCH, didn't look much better than the 360 titles.

And again you're misquitoing me, probably on purpose because you noticed you could (another typical thing you tend to do). I of course meant at the time of launch of Killzone 2. :rolleyes: even you knew that.

You completely misread that sentence. He's saying that Killzone 2, AT LAUNCH, didn't look much better than the 360 titles.

And again you're misquitoing me, probably on purpose because you noticed you could (another typical thing you tend to do). I of course meant at the time of launch of Killzone 2. :rolleyes: even you knew that.

Even Emn1ty read it in another way from what you're now saying HawkMan. I know English isn't your first language but you can't blame how badly your grammar is at times for people picking up on you wrongly.

Watch the two videos above if you all really want to know how the game was made instead of being armchair Guerilla developers for the night.

Man, this is not even on topic anymore. The PS3 version of Crysis 2 will perform better than the 360 version. What's that got to do with UC2, KZ2, Gears 2, or GoW III? And this was coming from the developer, of all critics. This thread got derailed as fast as any Apple update related thread I've seen here.

Mention anything positive about Apple or Sony around here and people go bat **** crazy.

Even Emn1ty read it in another way from what you're now saying HawkMan. I know English isn't your first language but you can't blame how badly your grammar is at times for people picking up on you wrongly.

I SAID THE SAME THING HE SAID FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! What the hell is wrong with you Audio?

Oh and if you actually want to watch the developers make the game and show off the engine and what is really going on, watch this 42 minute documentary with them - www.gamekings.tv/index/videos/minidocu-the-company-behind-killzone-2-full-version-subbed/

Fantastic video, there's like 3 seconds of someone actually talking about the engine and everything is basically just a sales-pitch from the developers.

Fantastic video, there's like 3 seconds of someone actually talking about the engine and everything is basically just a sales-pitch from the developers.

I think one of the best parts of their dev videos is when they throw down around 4-8 visual filters which completely destroy the color palate of the game.

Man, this is not even on topic anymore. The PS3 version of Crysis 2 will perform better than the 360 version. What's that got to do with UC2, KZ2, Gears 2, or GoW III? And this was coming from the developer, of all critics. This thread got derailed as fast as any Apple update related thread I've seen here.

Mention anything positive about Apple or Sony around here and people go bat **** crazy.

Get used to it in the GH, the MS zealots spoil so much of this forum by trashing anything positive about Sony/Nintendo.

Shame really, as there's a good MS/360 userbase here, just some members who can't stand to see anything positive posted about a console they have bowel moving rage for.

How anyone can hate a piece of plastic/metal/wiring and chips so much is beyond my understanding.

I'd like to add that Mass Effect 2 probably has my favorite graphics on a console, but that's mostly due to art direction and not the amount of polygons and particles

But anything that doesn't look ps1 impresses me. I mean, I'm still impressed with Doom 3

Get used to it in the GH, the MS zealots spoil so much of this forum by trashing anything positive about Sony/Nintendo.

Shame really, as there's a good MS/360 userbase here, just some members who can't stand to see anything positive posted about a console they have bowl moving rage for.

Yes and you're a shining beacon of exemplary attitude and behaviour.

Please.

I SAID THE SAME THING HE SAID FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! What the hell is wrong with you Audio?

It's what he always does though. If there's somethign he can read wrong in your post, he'll do it on purpose and say you said something else, SOP. He's done it since he started posting here. This and other things is why I generally avoid discussing stuff with him. especially on topics such as these.

Back OT though. I'll be interesting to see how the final game actually ends up looking on consoles in actual gameplay.

As far as the difference I'm guessing that within minutes of the review copies landing in the various gaming magazines we'll have comparison shots and soon after videos.

I'm also betting the PS3 magazine will show comparisons where the PS3 looks better, the 360 magazines will show shots where the 360 looks better. and the non affiliated ones will show a mix of both, with a likely according to the developer, skew towards the PS3. Fairly standard fare with only minor changes to the last part on every multi console launch. Unless the multi console launch includes the Wii. then the other magaiznes only include a few shots to laugh at and the Wii mags agree that the wii version really does look like ****, and the controls suck because the game was made for pads :p

Aye, can't wait to see the final outcome of the engines - First time I'm actually looking forward to one of those head-to-head comparisons :laugh:

It'll probably be the same differences as always; brightness and texture crispness and that's about it.

It'll probably be the same differences as always; brightness and texture crispness and that's about it.

Yep, two of the most minor differences in game.

Aye, can't wait to see the final outcome of the engines - First time I'm actually looking forward to one of those head-to-head comparisons :laugh:

But what about the pixels!!!!!! THE PIXELS!!!!!

Although I do find it interesting that Crytek is currently showcasing the game using 360's only.

Audio, I know you have your opinions and all, but come on seriously, are you ignoring the facts or something? I don't think any of us are PS3 bashing or X360 fanboys, most of us said UC2 is the best looking console game. We're presenting you with cold hard facts about the cheap production values of KZ2, and you can't really deny it.

In my opinion they reached a CG-like experience, but that doesn't mean it's a good looking CG-like experience. There are just so many low poly and low res objects, and a lack of real lighting makes the game look like a plastic toy

But what about the pixels!!!!!! THE PIXELS!!!!!

Although I do find it interesting that Crytek is currently showcasing the game using 360's only.

Hopefully they will both be running at an identical resolution and preferably 720p minimum, they have to stop this Sub-HD BS.

And yes, a lot of developers tend to do that, show off the 360 version for gameplay footage and such - Perhaps it's just how easy it is to record

or the 360 development kit offers some better recording / testing possibilities? No idea

Hopefully they will both be running at an identical resolution and preferably 720p minimum, they have to stop this Sub-HD BS.

And yes, a lot of developers tend to do that, show off the 360 version for gameplay footage and such - Perhaps it's just how easy it is to record

or the 360 development kit offers some better recording / testing possibilities? No idea

It might simply be due to easier/faster compiles. especially as that shares a lot more code with the pc version as well.

I know they said they didn't have a problem developign for the PS3, but that doesn't mean that a lot of stuff doesn't get tested on the platform with easier to use and compile dev tools before they add them to the PS3 in bigger bulks.

OR, it might just be that the PS3 dev team is locked in a secret underground bunker and fed only through a crack in the door where the eat grout from the floor like rabid dogs inbetween coding. wait, this was an EA game right ? :p

It's not all that matters when all the gloss and the paper cutouts that try to be real models don't look real and don't make the game look better.

Really you think those two even belong in the same class of graphics quality ? you should visit the local optician.

Feel bad for you. The fact you can't sit down and be impressed by KZ2 and have to look for slight imperfections is quite sad. The majority of the gaming press hail this game as one of the best looking games out there. Yes some textures are flat etc, but really...who cares?

Slight imperfections :laugh:

Struggling to find slight perfections.

Well my points still stand. The game is held in high regards in the gaming press. If it was rubbish, they would have said, right?

Anyway - this is off topic isn't it. So I'm done.

True gamers enjoy gaming, have all platforms at hand and know that gameplay it's all that matters, that's a lesson I've learned recently.

If the PS3 is so glorious and omnipotent why Audio and many others have an Xbox? and why me, an Xbox fan, have a PS3?

Let's not be childish and fell in those dirty commercial schemes, Sony and MS bribe devs all the time, that's a fact ;)

True gamers enjoy gaming, have all platforms at hand and know that gameplay it's all that matters, that's a lesson I've learned recently.

If the PS3 is so glorious and omnipotent why Audio and many others have an Xbox? and why me, an Xbox fan, have a PS3?

Let's not be childish and fell in those dirty commercial schemes, Sony and MS bribe devs all the time, that's a fact ;)

Agreed. Good post, and sensible - something that doesn't appear to be present here.

I've owned a PS3 for a while, but recently picked up a 360 as I'm a gamer. This is how it should be. I don't 'slag' off the consoles, only the poor games.

I've got a PS3, a 360, a Wii, a DS, a PSP, a Mac (yes an effing Mac) and an iPhone. A good dev can put out a great game on any platform. There's always differences, but in the end, it's all the same.