Crysis 2 PS3 'performs better than 360 version'

Too bad they're dumbing Crysis 2 down for the console crowd

I thought that they were cutting things from the PC version so it could fall in line with the console version? Or are you referring to graphics?

Wow, reading this thread has been a ride. It's hard to counter technical facts about what a games engine is doing vs peoples own opinion of what looks good. Subjective vs Objective, they should never go head to head or you'll just end up going around in circles.

That said, I still believe, objectively, that if you compare two games and on the technical marrits one is doing more, bigger levels, more enemies on screen, more "real" dynamic lighting and effects, physics etc etc, compared to the other, then it "wins", graphics wise. Now if you want to talk which artstyle you like more, that's kinda different.

Anyways, guys, there is a crysis 2/cryEngine video out that shows all the fancy (and very cool) effects they're doing, on ALL 3 systems. PC/360/PS3, side by side as well. Take a look, you should also check out the new dynamic lighting effects they have going on, it's the video with the flags (textures on and off so you actually see the dynamic lighting move accross the room).

Watching these you get a very good idea of the technical level of what's really going on in the engine. Maybe I can hunt them down.

*Edit* here's one of them. This should be a good indication of what to expect imo.

Get used to it in the GH, the MS zealots spoil so much of this forum by trashing anything positive about Sony/Nintendo.

Shame really, as there's a good MS/360 userbase here, just some members who can't stand to see anything positive posted about a console they have bowel moving rage for.

How anyone can hate a piece of plastic/metal/wiring and chips so much is beyond my understanding.

Who are these MS zealots. Looking at all the replies, I see gamers and multiconsole owners just sharing their opinions and having discussions. Why does it come down to MS or PS zealots, or MS/360 user base? Who is on this MS/360 user base list you speak of?

Who are these MS zealots. Looking at all the replies, I see gamers and multiconsole owners just sharing their opinions and having discussions. Why does it come down to MS or PS zealots, or MS/360 user base? Who is on this MS/360 user base list you speak of?

He's got a list in his head... shiftyninja.gif :alien:

Do you chaps not get bored of these ever so childish internet fights? I know I am bored of reading it. I thought this sort of stuff was not allowed here (according to the rules)?

Can't we all just leave it, and get on?

Do you chaps not get bored of these ever so childish internet fights? I know I am bored of reading it. I thought this sort of stuff was not allowed here (according to the rules)?

'

Actually I do, which is why I usually try to avoid AB, bu sometimes his complete lack of logic and sense draws me in and I try to correct some misconceptions and then I'm stuck there.

Yup, which is why I'm doing the best thing for me and the board and cutting off anyone I can't get along with/they can't get along with me. Then there's no more pointless arguing :happy:

I have no idea of the history between any of you and I don't want too either :) but I think that you all make valid points, most of the time - why you can't see that is beyond me. Instead you go for each others throats in a c**k waving style competition.

If you don't like it, don't respond. Surely that's the best way forward? This nonsense is ruining what is otherwise a great community (from what I've seen in my short stay here)

I have no idea of the history between any of you and I don't want too either :) but I think that you all make valid points, most of the time - why you can't see that is beyond me. Instead you go for each others throats in a c**k waving style competition.

If you don't like it, don't respond. Surely that's the best way forward? This nonsense is ruining what is otherwise a great community (from what I've seen in my short stay here)

Trying to make peace or trying to reason with us in here, won't work; been done a million times now. What you are asking some of core members in the Gamer's Hangout is to walk away from a discussion, from sharing

our opinion and trying to disprove / debunk other opinions or question them and their motives all of which is the sole reason we're here in the first place. Some core members would like to believe they are the innocence themselves

and they never do anything wrong but we're all in the thick of it, every. single. time. So this is who we are, this is how Gamer's Hangout have been running for the past few years and unless members are being banned, it won't change.

Although, a few times in the past we've been trying to discuss what's going on and perhaps come up with a solution, the threads are always closed or cleaned.

Interesting. I thought Audioboxer and I were Neowin friends. He is even on my friends list. Why on earth did he block me and still be my friend? sad.gif

Trying to make peace or trying to reason with us in here, won't work; been done a million times now. What you are asking some of core members in the Gamer's Hangout is to walk away from a discussion, from sharing

our opinion and trying to disprove / debunk other opinions or question them and their motives all of which is the sole reason we're here in the first place. Some core members would like to believe they are the innocence themselves

and they never do anything wrong but we're all in the thick of it, every. single. time. So this is who we are, this is how Gamer's Hangout have been running for the past few years and unless members are being banned, it won't change.

Although, a few times in the past we've been trying to discuss what's going on and perhaps come up with a solution, the threads are always closed or cleaned.

That's it right there, When someone spreads misinformation, then I will correct them, unless it's very minor and I know it's a member that's going to blow it all out of proportion. Even if that member is someone who think he IS the GH and considers himself the Saviour of the GH (as a certain person has referred to himself as before)

Quite sad then, isn't it?

That's it right there, When someone spreads misinformation, then I will correct them, unless it's very minor and I know it's a member that's going to blow it all out of proportion. Even if that member is someone who think he IS the GH and considers himself the Saviour of the GH (as a certain person has referred to himself as before)

This thread wasn't 'misinformation' though and you jumped in... :laugh: :p

Hawkman, have you heard of the last name of Kvalheim?

Not specifically.

This thread wasn't 'misinformation' though and you jumped in... :laugh: :p

Arguably, this thread also didn't start as an argument untill there was some though :p

Instead you go for each others throats in a c**k waving style competition.

Should really be the tag line for GH really. :F

I'm half with AB here. There are some people who will, at any chance, bash news which makes any other platform which makes the 360 look less superior. But if we banned everyone with a persecution complex, this forum would be empty in a week!

/offtopic

I'm not surprised the PS3 might be able to garner a little more performance out of the engine if it's anything like the PC version it'll nob the 360's CPU.