Perfect Albums?

Pretty much all of Dirty Larry's Hip Hop list also adding: Bob Marley Legend as the ultimate PERFECT ALBUM for me. It really don't get much better then that. Would also like to add Mobb Deep Shook Ones Part II. Will add more as I have to jump out now..

Many already listed...

Tool - Opiate, Ænima

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Hanzel und Gretyl - Transmissions from Uranus

Sick of it All - Blood, Sweat, and No Tears

Rigor Mortis - vs. the Earth

Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake

Nailbomb - Point Blank

NIN - Pretty Hate Machine / Ministry - Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

RHCP - Mother's Milk

Sublime - 40oz to Freedom

Some great ones already listed. I'll put in the first one that comes to my head every time this is asked:

The Offspring - Smash

I can still listen to that album any time anywhere any song and all of em preferably.

Well, most of what I wanted to post has already been posted. I'll add:

Thrice - Vheissu ; Thrice - The Alchemy Index (both discs). True albums. And the music's not too bad, either :D

man how could i forget Vheissu! Such a masterpiece!

He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms - Silver Mt. Zion

We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank - Modest Mouse

blink-182 - Enema of the State

blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket

Box Car Racer - Box Car Racer

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler

Can listen to them any time and always enjoy them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depeche Mode - Songs Of Faith And Devotion

IMHO 'Songs of Faith and Devotion' was not nearly as good as 'Violator'.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to listen to albums as a whole - front to back - and there's plenty of albums where I wouldn't even consider skipping over a track, but only few where I consider every song to stand well alone.

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil

Rise Against - The Sufferer and The Witness

Opeth - Still Life

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Hail The Villain - Population: Declining

Green Day - American Idiot

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

If we were talking albums with one unnecessary-but-alright track, I'd have a much longer list. :yes:

Nasum - Human 2.0

Circle of Dead Children - Human Harvest

Maruta - In Narcosis

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope

Pig Destroyer - Prowler In The Yard

to name a few.

In my opinion, there are only two albums fitting this bill that I have heard:

1. Sublime - Sublime

2. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die

this:

I love Tupac, but the only one of his albums I MIGHT consider perfect is the Thug Life album. IMHO there's no bad songs on it. Oddly, it's one most people didn't like, probably because it wasn't straight Tupac album.

There can only be one, and I think we all know what album that is.

Spice Girls: "Spice"

While some would say their second album, "Spiceworld," is the better of the two, I believe they would be sorely mistaken. The only thing "Spiceworld" had going for it was a brilliant movie of the same name that didn't get the commercial respect that it deserves -- a common trait among many artistically great things. And, yes, it's true that the epic dance hit "Spice Up Your Life" was on the group's second album, dispensing wonderful and profound advice of "spicing up your life" (not just to every boy, but to every boy and every girl! What other modern music group proclaims such equality? Oh yes, the equally brilliant U2), it didn't have the "oomph" that "Wannabe" had as the best introductory track in the history of sound waves.

"Spice" was simply bliss to the ear. It was the greatest invention since... well... let's just be honest here: it was the great invention ever, and anything before it simply pales in comparison, and I feel sorry for any musician to come after, as they clearly have no chance at dethroning "Spice" as the best (and only perfect) album ever. Screw Henry Ford, the Wright brothers -- those guys could never do for the world what these five high-class British women did. They single-handedly shattered the glass ceiling that has been prevalent in our society (and by "our society," I mean the society of the entire world) and made it OK for women everywhere to do whatever they wanted.

It's a bit sad that the Spice Girl decided to break up, only to reunite shortly to give their overzealous fans some glimmer of hope. But their true talent lives on. In Los Angeles, Victoria Beckham is the talk of the town. She married some nobody that is constantly trying to suck on her fame and fortune, but being a woman of dignity, she simply does her own thing and does what every respectable person in the world does for a living -- shop. And, my God, how talented is this woman at shopping? They need to give her a Grammy simply for her shopping ability, even if she hasn't produced a musical note in years.

In summary, you're all stupid and wrong for not mentioning the Spice Girls' epic album, "Spice."