This is Outrageous and Simply Out of Order

You also don't question that the Hyundai is a smarter buy. Plus it comes free of that arrogant attitude that is built into the Benz.

Sure. Are the $3k gaming rigs that people talk about building on this forum a smarter buy than a standard config Dell? Maybe a smarter buy than a crazy custom-build from a gaming rig company, but still unnecessary.

And then a year later there are new games and a new version of directX so its time to buy another one.

And here is, ladies and gentlemen, the proof to my post, thank you very much, good night :)

Typical. You lose an argument and rely on calling him close-minded :rolleyes:.

Ya, because me using logic in purchasing an item makes me not smart, but those who just blindly say they get quality for paying more are the better.

I never used the words "dumb", "smart", "worse" or "better". You are the one in the cruzade to prove you are smarter and that everyone is wrong, for what psychological reasons you are the only one who knows that :)

My point is that, is really IDIOTIC (and yes, I am now using that word, afiirmative, positive) to care about what people do with their money and their lives. If spending less in something makes you feel better, then great for you. I doubt it, since you also feel the need to rub that fact over everyone's faces.

I very doubt that a tool (because that's a computer, just a tool), no matter the brand, makes me a better person. Do you disagree? ;)

Typical. You lose an argument and rely on calling him close-minded :rolleyes:.

What he is arguing was not even my argument :) Are you sure you know the definition of a debate?

As much as I like Apple, I think these prices are absolutely outrageous for the hardware you are getting.

It's not about the hardware, it's about the experience... ooh, and free shipping!

Macs tend to be a better value when they are newly released or when some major realignment happens. Those that are in-the-know can probably predict the good times to buy them. But everything is relative. The right time to buy a computer is when you need it and then you can only hope that it coincides with a "good time to buy" period.

Ugh "Outrage." I was looking for something actually outrageous and I am not talking "Jem" nor more griping about this same old row again.

To the OP: Not to be trivial or condescending but if you don't like it you don't have to buy it. If someone wants to charge more than what YOU think it's worth it's your right to say no and look for a better offer. (I love the Hyundai v. Audi/Benz argument, you want a car that gets you there or a car that gets you there with style your choice). I have a PC and a Macbook Pro because after PC at home, PC at work, work PC Laptop (which is at my home) I wanted something different. I think you do too, the fact that you even care seems to hint that you you'd love to get one if it were on par of what you deem as fair price. Hell I'd love to get an M5 if the price was cheaper but its not happening so I am not buying.

then there are the ones who "think" it is better but haven't actually used windows for ... well ever. and then they go on to forums and say how crap windows is, they drudge up some random factoids on the net and talk about them as facts and why they don't use it, despite everyone knowing for years already those factoids are BS. And then they go on to protect every problem Apple as like a crusader before their banished off to macrumors :p

I use Windows 7 every day. I use Snow Leopard every day. I prefer Snow Leopard. Windows 7 is a great OS, but Snow Leopard is better for my needs.

Ugh "Outrage." I was looking for something actually outrageous and I am not talking "Jem" nor more griping about not this same old row again.

Jem! was looking truly outrageous when she was using that urinal in the men's washroom.

I never used the words "dumb", "smart", "worse" or "better". You are the one in the cruzade to prove you are smarter and that everyone is wrong, for what psychological reasons you are the only one who knows that :)

My point is that, is really IDIOTIC (and yes, I am now using that word, afiirmative, positive) to care about what people do with their money and their lives. If spending less in something makes you feel better, then great for you. I doubt it, since you also feel the need to rub that fact over everyone's faces.

I very doubt that a tool (because that's a computer, just a tool), no matter the brand, makes me a better person. Do you disagree? ;)

Actually, its not hard to tell what someone is calling you when you use the term "close minded". You may try to hide behind what you "did/nt" say, but its all there for everyone to already read man. And actually, it is not idiotic to compare things at all. When you compare, you can make an educated (usually) guess on what is better or more right for something. If you do not compare things, you are just blindly following stuff.

It may not make you a better person, but you can be the smarter. It's called though, using that brain to make educated and logical choices in life. Those who do not make such choices, are seen as oddballs, goofy, insane, and other terms that go with not being right in the mind. Sure, do what you please, but prepare for people to compare, judge, and make out to be what it is.

I use a Windows 7 desktop every day. It was a good value, I built it myself. It has its place in my computing needs.

I use an aluminum Macbook every day. It was a good value, I bought it refurbished. It has its place in my computing needs.

Like people have been pointing out: I can drive a Toyota. I can drive an Audi. Both can take me places. Hell, the Toyota might even have more bells and whistles, but I prefer driving the Audi, even if it's more expensive. I don't see you all going "This is Outrageous and Simply Out of Order."

Maybe because the difference in quality between an Audi and a Hyundai is obvious, while the difference in quality between Macbook Pros and other similarly specced notebooks are just hype created from thin air in an attempt to maintain the aura of elitism.

http://lifehacker.com/5524704/laptop+reliability-study-highlights-the-most-sturdy-laptop-makers

It's funny to see Apple users try to harp on quality to justify the gross overpricing. Don't forget that other manufacturers often offer much better warranty policies than Apple as well.

When you compare, you can make an educated (usually) guess on what is better or more right for something. If you do not compare things, you are just blindly following stuff.?

So, you are saying that everyone has the same needs and tastes, ergo we should choose the same. You are the vanguard of our future choices, I got it now :)

Those who do not make such choices, are seen as oddballs, goofy, insane, and other terms that go with not being right in the mind. Sure, do what you please, but prepare for people to compare, judge, and make out to be what it is.

So, all the "correct" choices are already predefined. Right?

Yeah, you can compare, and that is all nice and good. But has nothing to do with what I said. However it's obvious you are just reaching for justifications to belate other's choices. So my argument stops here because, as I said, you are already safe your own prejudices and no matter what I say that will not change.

For me, people can use whatever they want, that does not have any effect in my life. What does have an effect is how people react to opinions that are different to theirs, that is what I find worrisome. But hey, dont let me get in your way to fell better about yourself throught a choice as banal as a computer brand :)

It was recently shown that a PC with the same specs as a Mac would cost about the same price. So no, it's not "outrageous and simply out of order".

Do it for yourself if you don't believe me. Spec a Dell to the same specs as a MacBook and see what the price difference is.

I did

I have a dell XPS and a dell mini10v for about 2,500

DELL XPS 16 - RGBLED screen, 6 gb of ram, 128 SSD, I7 720 and 64 bit 7 Ulimate

so i'm not sure how they got the same numbers as a Mac

don't get me wrong I would love a mac but they do rip people off

25% VAT

5 or 6 year production fault "warranty" on laptops and computers, and here 2.5 years warranty on batteries. mandatory.

I've heard the tax argument put forward before. But the fact is the dollar price in euro plus 21% vat (it's not 25% here) works out at ?2060.63 which is over ?188 less that Apple's euro price.

Can you explain this 5 or 6 year production fault warranty though? I've heard it mentioned in the past but there seems to be as many people saying it's fiction if you actually try to take advantage of it.

It's not that some care about what people do with their money, but care about how Apple overprices its products.

I don't like the pricing personally. I can get a much powerful Windows laptop for the money I would pay for a Mac.

So, you are saying that everyone has the same needs and tastes, ergo we should choose the same. You are the vanguard of our future choices, I got it now :)

So, all the "correct" choices are already predefined. Right?

Yeah, you can compare, and that is all nice and good. But has nothing to do with what I said. However it's obvious you are just reaching for justifications to belate other's choices. So my argument stops here because, as I said, you are already safe your own prejudices and no matter what I say that will not change.

For me, people can use whatever they want, that does not have any effect in my life. What does have an effect is how people react to opinions that are different to theirs, that is what I find worrisome. But hey, dont let me get in your way to fell better about yourself throught a choice as banal as a computer brand :)

Sure, go head and use a $100 dollar hammer to hammer your nails, I'll use another hammer that cost $20. Same thing, same material, different price, same job. Now you can go around saying how awesome your $100 hammer is because you have to somehow justify what you spent on it by talking about it. While I just go about my life saying, I hammered something today with a hammer. People with macs usually make boastful claims of such things that are so mediocre in terms of computers, just to try and make the price seem worth it. When was the last time someone posted how awesome their regular pc was? We get tons of threads from Apple customers who constantly say how awesome what they just bought was though... Normally, PC users on here post threads of, " I'm going to build a pc, help me make an educated choice on what is the best to buy for the price I have." Good luck finding such thinking being done by Apple Customers.

Not everything is predetermined, but there is a lot of choices out there, and if you fail to compare all the choices, and just go by price, you are making a huge mistake. Want to spend more for something, go ahead, but you do leave yourself open for comments upon doing something as such. Because there are people who can not understand the reasoning behind wastefulness and blindness, when there is no need for it.

I've heard the tax argument put forward before. But the fact is the dollar price in euro plus 21% vat (it's not 25% here) works out at ?2060.63 which is over ?188 less that Apple's euro price.

Can you explain this 5 or 6 year production fault warranty though? I've heard it mentioned in the past but there seems to be as many people saying it's fiction if you actually try to take advantage of it.

I know UK has a 6 year one but hard to claim supposedly

In Norway it's fairly easy though, you send it in like regular warranty service, though you may have ti include a claim form with some manufacturers. As long as it's a fault in a non wear part it'll get repaired as if it was warranty. It used to be harder to claim and some try to make it hard yet, but we have fairly strong consumer protection groups.

Sure, go head and use a $100 dollar hammer to hammer your nails, I'll use another hammer that cost $20. Same thing, same material, different price, same job. Now you can go around saying how awesome your $100 hammer is because you have to somehow justify what you spent on it by talking about it

Sigh... I've never talked about my equipment and that was never my point.?

But well, yeah you are right, everything you say is right, cheers :)

It's not that some care about what people do with their money, but care about how Apple overprices its products.

I don't like the pricing personally. I can get a much powerful Windows laptop for the money I would pay for a Mac.

Agreed. The thread topic seems to be "Apple's prices are outrageous" instead of "people who buy Apple are stupid".

I wouldn't mind owning a Macbook Pro someday, but not while Apple is bent on ripping consumers off.

Sigh... I've never talked about my equipment and that was never my point.?

But well, yeah you are right, everything you say is right, cheers :)

Sigh, you miss the point about price and chose something that my analogy only had in it, not what it represented... and seem to miss all the comments by those who say they are paying for software, hardware, quality, whatever that apple logo means....

Sigh, you miss the point about price and chose something that my analogy only had in it, not what it represented... and seem to miss all the comments by those who say they are paying for software, hardware, quality, whatever that apple logo means....

Because, as I've said again anad again. I DONT CARE HOW PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY! Is not my business, my life is no affected by it. Only my own choices have an effect on my life and for me it's pointless to keep thelling people they are wrong and idiots for buying something I dont want to buy.

I didnt miss them, I ignored them because that's not my point! And I dont know why are you still arguing that point with me because my arguments are about a totally different case!

• Like 2

Because, as I've said again anad again. I DONT CARE HOW PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY! Is not my business, my life is no affected by it. Only my own choices have an effect on my life and for me it's pointless to keep thelling people they are wrong and idiots for buying something I dont want to buy.

I didnt miss them, I ignored them because that's not my point! And I dont know why are you still arguing that point with me because my arguments are about a totally different case!

Then why did you post in this thread if you care nothing about it? This thread is and was started all on the premise of PRICE. What is the reasoning behind going into a topic like this, about price of macs, and then stating you don't care but calling those who say anything "closed minded"? Are you just trolling then? Trying to defend macs price, but of course, you don't care.... confusing remarks from someone who posted in such a topic.... maybe your better off not posting in things like this if you don't care.

Why be part of this discussion if you really don't care?

Different people have different needs.

Different products exist to serve those different people.

Some people have no problem spending money on a Macintosh because their needs are more suited for a Macintosh. For them, in fact, a Macintosh computer may be cheaper and easier than trying to solve their computer needs with a non-Apple computer.

So when it comes right down to it: It takes different strokes to rule the world, yes it does, it takes different strokes to rule the world.

The problem is when one person tries to apply their own needs to other (different) people without understanding that they may have different needs. If a Dell computer is the best tool for you and it happens to be cheaper than a Macintosh then good for you, you lucky boy! However, it isn't always about getting from Point A to Point B. Some people rather like Point C and often take a detour around Point E just for a wanton fun of it all.

• Like 3

Then why did you post in this thread if you care nothing about it?

Because I will always debate why people tend to belate other's choices. And that has been my entire argument, my entire life.

It's like we think we know what others wants or needs. What is better for them. Thats the quintessential right wing, conservationist, mentality.

I always read and study these kind of threads because I know there will be, always, someone calling another one an "idiot" because they do different choices. Consoles, browsers, coputer brands, you name it. Seems that almost no one here knows the definition of a debate. To reach a higher understanding and discover new answers. No, in here people want to feel superior throught their material belongings.

I would react the same if the case were about a group of apple users attacking a windows user. For me fanboys are all the same, idiots. There are more important things in life.

Why be part of this discussion if you really don't care?

Read above

• Like 2