This is Outrageous and Simply Out of Order

Or there are those who know a deal and a rip off when we see it.... When i can get everything for $1k less than a mbp, a few hours of battery life make no difference, especially when it can be tweaked, with ease, to get much more life. Just as mac users say PC'ers are too closed minded to change, same with mac users being too closed minded to see that the insane price is not really worth it. Specially when limited in so many ways with what you can do with it, unless you put windows on it.

It's just choice. I personally bought a MacBook Pro for several reasons:

- Design: It's by far the best looking laptop I've ever seen

- Build quality: I'm sorry - but even HP's envy series doesn't come anywhere close

- Screen: As above - no laptop out there comes close to having a screen like the MacBook Pro

- Apple's after-sale service: Applecare is renowned for being the best support out there

- OSX: Sorry, but I prefer OSX, and I'd rather run it easily, on the hardware it was designed for than hack it about to get it to run on other machines

On top of that, there's all the little reasons. Like the fact that it is almost silent (you can only really hear it when fans hit 6k rpm, which is hardly ever), and the trackpad, which is awesome (afaik again, no other laptop out there even comes close in this area). Carrying on from that, there's MagSafe, which has saved my ass several times now. Even down to how the headphone jack supports any iPhone compatible headsets, so I can use the inline microphone and button (works as play/pause button) with it.

I know that's my own opinion, but when you add all of the little conveniences up, it soon makes it worthwhile. At the end of the day, Apple isn't forcing you to purchase their products - and by that logic, their sales numbers and revenue speaks wonders.

Because I will always debate why people tend to belate other's choices. And that has been my entire argument, my entire life.

It's like we think we know what others wants or needs. What is better for them. Thats the quintessential right wing, conservationist, mentality.

I always read and study these kind of threads because I know there will be, always, someone calling another one an "idiot" because they do different choices. Consoles, browsers, coputer brands, you name it. Seems that almost no one here knows the definition of a debate. To reach a higher understanding and discover new answers. No, in here people want to feel superior throught their material belongings.

I would react the same if the case were about a group of apple users attacking a windows user. For me fanboys are all the same, idiots. There are more important things in life.

So you came into a thread to troll and steer it off topic? You had no intention of talking about such topic, but only to call those who say anything "close minded" and try and start a debate on why people compare things? Make your own topic then, but stop trolling in others. Very uncool.

So you came into a thread to troll and steer it off topic? You had no intention of talking about such topic, but only to call those who say anything "close minded" and try and start a debate on why people compare things? Make your own topic then, but stop trolling in others. Very uncool.

Troll? Uncool? Now I get it, Im among teenagers? :laugh:

• Like 3

You act like this thread wasn't practically born out of trolling and just begging to be an Apple haters' convention.

It looks like all their prices got bumped up by $200. I bought the "lowest-end" 15" last year for $1599. Now the "lowest-end" 15" is $1799. But they all have higher end graphics than the last gen did. The difference between the 1599 and the 1799 one in the last gen was the 9600M option over just the 9400M GeForce. For people who don't buy Macs to play video games on (*raises hand*), seems like the last gen was a better deal.

It's just choice. I personally bought a MacBook Pro for several reasons:

- Design: It's by far the best looking laptop I've ever seen

- Build quality: I'm sorry - but even HP's envy series doesn't come anywhere close

- Screen: As above - no laptop out there comes close to having a screen like the MacBook Pro

- Apple's after-sale service: Applecare is renowned for being the best support out there

- OSX: Sorry, but I prefer OSX, and I'd rather run it easily, on the hardware it was designed for than hack it about to get it to run on other machines

On top of that, there's all the little reasons. Like the fact that it is almost silent (you can only really hear it when fans hit 6k rpm, which is hardly ever), and the trackpad, which is awesome (afaik again, no other laptop out there even comes close in this area). Carrying on from that, there's MagSafe, which has saved my ass several times now. Even down to how the headphone jack supports any iPhone compatible headsets, so I can use the inline microphone and button (works as play/pause button) with it.

I know that's my own opinion, but when you add all of the little conveniences up, it soon makes it worthwhile. At the end of the day, Apple isn't forcing you to purchase their products - and by that logic, their sales numbers and revenue speaks wonders.

Well, you have points and others are just opinions :p Applecare maybe good for you, but I've had friends who have not been so lucky. I also don't like the fact you basically have to send your whole computer away for some of the most minor of issues... And for it being able to plug other apple items into it, id only hope you could :p

Their sales numbers are poor in fact, they aren't even 20% of the market share. Going off profit is not hard to do when one such company jacks up the price and makes $600+ per computer they sale due to jacking it up so much. If HP, Dell, or any other PC maker out there charged the same, you would see a more even playing field.

Yes, people may prefer Apple because it makes what they need to do "easier". But I still find how limited you are on their software/hardware frightening, and that what you purchase they still consider to be theirs. As well as just the huge price jack compared to ALL other companies, who offer basically the same product with a different logo.

I wish Apple would release OSX for other systems to use, that way people would be able to accurately tell the difference/similarities between each product. But that's a whole other bag of chips to dive into lol.

You act like this thread wasn't practically born out of trolling and just begging to be an Apple haters' convention.

Want to add something or troll more? We already know your stance on Apple. Please contribute to the discussion or don't post at all.

--x-snip-x--

It's like we think we know what others wants or needs. What is better for them. Thats the quintessential right wing, conservationist, mentality.

--x-snip-x--

Nicely put.

Hahaha. Exactly!

Nicely put.

Hahaha. Exactly!

So we are going to just troll this topic to death? Why is it such a hassle to have people discuss/debate things, use analogies/diagrams/facts, and make a point? Trolling and just saying, ha take that, is childish and adds nothing constructive to the topics. Hell, even post your opinion, but do it in a way that is not directly calling someone a name. Want to make fun of something, do it in a smart way, using your brain and knowledge.

So we are going to just troll this topic to death? Why is it such a hassle to have people discuss/debate things, use analogies/diagrams/facts, and make a point? Trolling and just saying, ha take that, is childish and adds nothing constructive to the topics. Hell, even post your opinion, but do it in a way that is not directly calling someone a name. Want to make fun of something, do it in a smart way, using your brain and knowledge.

Broken record much? You are the one who is trolling. Scram.

I did post my opinion. Did you bother to read it? I'm going to back up who I think deserves to be backed up. No one thinks it is worth the time to back you up. Maybe that should tell you something...

I would react the same if the case were about a group of apple users attacking a windows user. For me fanboys are all the same, idiots. There are more important things in life.

It's practically the same thing in real life when someone calls another an idiot (or feels superior) because of having different religion, ethics, fashion style... It's just human, you can't do anything about it.

Want to add something or troll more? We already know your stance on Apple. Please contribute to the discussion or don't post at all.

I already did. My stance: why care? Certain people buy certain tools to do certain jobs. I buy Macs because, as a web developer, I think Mac OS X makes my job easier. I've also been using, primarily, Mac OS X for the last 7 years. I know my way around Windows 7, but if I have to spend however much more (actually, my 27" Core i5 iMac came out slightly cheaper than any comparable pre-made tower/screen combo I could find though I didn't do a terribly extensive search) more every two or three years on a computer, I think I can make that sacrifice to continue using OS X and the amazing software developers are building for it that I use every day.

• Like 2

This thread is located in Apple General Discussion. That makes it home turf for Neowin's Apple users and thus whomever is bashing Apple here is likely to be the one picked up for trolling.

Since this topic doesn't seem to be able to be debated properly then I'll just close this thread. I'm amazed that people want to apply their own needs/wants/desires onto other people without stopping to consider that other people's criteria may be different or even just ranked differently.

[Thread Closed]