How to Destroy Angels - Trent Reznor's new band

• 2 weeks later...

preorder-cover.jpg

Release date will be June 1st digitally and it will be free in 320kbps MP3. You can order a "hi-def" lossless version for $2 or buy an item of merchandise and get it for free. The hi-def version includes a 1080p H.264 version of the "The Space In Between" music video.

If you put your email address down to "pre-order" either version you get a download of the song "The Believers"

CD will be released June 6th and Vinyl soon after.

http://howtodestroyangels.com/

One thing I love about Trent Reznor is how open he is about the whole music promotion thing, I doubt anyone else would offer this for free, plus sell it for measly $2. And I bet they're still going to make a ton of money. RIAA, take notes :p

One thing I love about Trent Reznor is how open he is about the whole music promotion thing, I doubt anyone else would offer this for free, plus sell it for measly $2. And I bet they're still going to make a ton of money. RIAA, take notes :p

Definitely, and I'll support his projects more because of it. The two NIN albums he put up for free (Ghosts I and The Slip) I went out and bought when they were released on CD (kept the high quality mp3s he put up for download for The Slip for the embedded artwork).

Liking the HtDA stuff so far, looking forward to where they're going to take it.

I receieved an email for the EP, downloaded and it is really good. I agree with the other poster Trent Reznor really does understand how to market music in 2010, I have brought both the Ghosts, The Slip and will be purchasing this EP when it's released on CD.

As for why this is different to other NIN projects, yes Trent reforms NIN every x number of years, but what stands "How to Destroy Angels" different is that he is not the lead singer.

Should be "How to make crap music".

Not everyones taste but you should still applaud his efforts with this model of how to share music for free and still make some money for the artist from fans who are willing to pay.

Can't say I'm amazed. If it weren't for Mariqueen this could've easily been passed off as NIN. Fur-Lined is nice and catchy, and there's something I like about The Space In Between, but other than that I don't think it's that great. Maybe I'll change my mind when the full album comes around, but I wouldn't want to listen to anything longer than this EP if it's more of the same.

Regardless of whose fingers they are, you can plainly see the markings of where to put your fingers

How else do you suggest putting your finger in the correct place on an instrument that doesn't have discrete keys/notes/strings etc?

he copy himself... probably he should stop to listen his own work for awhile and try something different. The female voice (which is his wife) wont make any (big) difference.

The album is not that good, tho...

I got a sticker ;)

• 2 months later...