Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Does anyone have a problem with font kerning? Especially the T caps are too close...?

You can try using the Anti-Aliasing Tuner to adjust fonts. I can't guarantee it will work, but it might help.

Can i fix it myself or do i have to wait next version of Firefox? I didnt have that issue with Firefox 3.6...

EDIT:

To give you an example:

391041.jpeg

Where is that? It really depends on the font being used.

You can try using the Anti-Aliasing Tuner to adjust fonts. I can't guarantee it will work, but it might help.

It won't help since they're unrelated, that extension messes with the anti-aliasing settings (hence the name), kerning is driven by CSS and the shaping engine (Most likely HarfBuzz)

It won't help since they're unrelated, that extension messes with the anti-aliasing settings (hence the name), kerning is driven by CSS and the shaping engine (Most likely HarfBuzz)

It was a reply on a french board but, the issue is everywhere, even firefox menu options.

Lol is this tread dead or what?No posts.I ask again if anyone knows the link to the bugs to be fixed for the next release?Meanwhile the nighly is awesome.It is even faster than FF 4 final.I get 50ms less than the latest chromium on sunspider,900 less on kraken and it is cathing up on peacekeeper also.Very impressed.Keep up the good work FF Team.

Lol is this tread dead or what?No posts.I ask again if anyone knows the link to the bugs to be fixed for the next release?Meanwhile the nighly is awesome.It is even faster than FF 4 final.I get 50ms less than the latest chromium on sunspider,900 less on kraken and it is cathing up on peacekeeper also.Very impressed.Keep up the good work FF Team.

for the most part the discussion has moved over to the new thread https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/980176-meet-firefox-50/

I was setting my history options to keep just past seven days in Firefox 3.6. I don't want anyone to see older entries than that.

But for some reason, Firefox removed this option in FF4. They even removed about:config settings like "browser.history_expire_days_max". There is a blog post about it here.

I think there is no reasonable cause for doing this. Why are they fixing something that isn't broken?

How can i set time limit?

When are 3.6 users getting notified? Post 4.0.1?

it's a major version jump, mozilla doesn't usually put it into auto update for awhile it's usually just best to download it from mozilla.com and upgrade it manually

if you have an earlier version such as 3.5.7 and check for updates then 3.6.16 will show then you have to download that and check for updates then 4.0 shows, unfortunately 4.0 doesn't show up if you are on earlier versions unfortunately.

Earlier I had 9-10 "App Tabs" and around 7 tabs and I thought Firefox was acting a bit sluggish so I checked how much memory Firefox is using and it was using a whopping 720MB at one point!! I thought it may be down to Flash so I disabled it but it still used ~600+MB; it was obviously down to the amount of tabs I had open. I like the concept of App Tabs as it had websites loaded as soon as Firefox had opened up and keeps them there. So I think Firefox uses more memory than some other web browsers but the user interface change is a welcome addition. Firefox 3's UI was a bit outdated compared to other web browsers. The new Firefox Sync feature is great though!

I have to say, i'm a little disappointed by this issue.

I suppose i will have to wait new versions of Firefox and see if it's going to be fixed.

the first update to firefox 4 is coming april 26! :)

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_4/Macaw

looks like it will be 4.0.5 not 4.0.1

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Code_Names

No, 4.0.5 was just an example. If you read the article you linked, they're using codenames because they don't want people to talk about specific version numbers until they're basically released, as the content is subject to change.