Meet Firefox 4.0.1

I want to get the right click menu changed to have open in new tab second again but even with the menu editor it doesn't work :(

I haven't used Menu Editor, and haven't tried to reorder menu items. What I did know was that I wasn't interested in the entry that opens links in a new window and this code removed it:

#context-openlink { display:none !important; } 

Does that go into userchrome.css? I tried another method for switching by editing that file and it did nothing. On a side note, does anyone else find the name of that file funny given Chrome is a competitor browser's name?

The file was named Chrome before Chrome was ever in existence. So maybe it should be: "isn't it funny that Google named their browser after a file in firefox" instead?

Anyways, use stylish addon, no need to fiddle with that file then.

Has anyone noticed a delay when searching with the address bar? It's noticeably slower than the search bar. Unfortunately for me, I've made a habit of searching with the address bar because of Chrome which features a combined address and search bar (omnibox).

"chrome" is actually the general term for an applications UI, same as "widget" means buttons and such.

I see I see, ya learn something new every day. :laugh:

I've come across a situation that causes FF4 to freeze/crash without fail. Every time.

I log into my ATT account for my cell phone, and on the main page/account overview, click on View Full Bill. It opens a new window like it should, but the page stays blank and all instances of the browser freeze.

Tried disabling all my add-ons, no luck. It works fine in IE9, I know it worked in FF 3.6 as well. Is anybody else having this issue?

Has anyone noticed a delay when searching with the address bar? It's noticeably slower than the search bar. Unfortunately for me, I've made a habit of searching with the address bar because of Chrome which features a combined address and search bar (omnibox).

I use Omnibar addon for that purpose.U can use it with key words to search with different search engines or just type the search to search with the default engine.It doesn't have a delay.

PS:Yes there is delay when you search from locationbar,but only when your search consists of one word only.If your search consists of two or more words the search is instant like in chrome.At least that was how it worked some betas ago(before i started using the addon).I think it has to do with how the browser understands what you typed.If it is one word it thinks it is an URL(Thats why there is delay until the browser finds out if there is such an URL.And if there is not it redirects you to your default search engine.),but if you type two or more words with space between,the browser understands that this is not and URL and it must be a search so it instantly searches.I'm not an expert or that tech savvy so its just a users guess,but that is how i explain it to myself.

No delay at all for me when searching from the address bar. So I've removed the search bar.

I have Google as the search engine and this in about:config

Preference name: keyword.URL

Type: string

Value: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=

Running great so far and even removed several of the addons i had because they have become default features in the software :D

firefox 4 sucks at google docs. it doesn't bold the letters/numbers at some points and it sucks at formatting...

firefox

firefox.jpg

chrome

chrome.jpg

that's almost a game breaker for me because i actually use google docs to do all my word processing, spreadsheets etc etc

I haven't had any text rendering and formatting issues with Google Docs. Have you tried viewing the same document with add-ons disabled? You can restart Firefox 4 with add-ons disabled from the help menu.

What font are you using for the sections where you're trying to make it bold? Firefox 4 (and IE9) are much better at grouping fonts into families (Browsers using GDI don't do it correctly)

I haven't had any text rendering and formatting issues with Google Docs. Have you tried viewing the same document with add-ons disabled? You can restart Firefox 4 with add-ons disabled from the help menu.

didn't make a difference

What font are you using for the sections where you're trying to make it bold? Firefox 4 (and IE9) are much better at grouping fonts into families (Browsers using GDI don't do it correctly)

and the font is calibri

Can somebody share what settings to use for anti-aliasing addon?

What works for other might not work for you, so I think you should better to tweak it at your own.

I've provided mine :) they work nicely. but yeah it all depends on your GPU