Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Does anyone have issues with the font looking "fuzzy" ... I'm running FF 4 and I think everything is at default values.. but my fonts looks fuzzy and seem to be faint.. anyone notice? I have cleartype on in Win7 and have adjusted the setting...

Try some of the suggestions in

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/984180-possible-to-make-fonts-in-ff4-look-less-horrible/

Anyone else getting this problem? You need at least 2 tabs open, and hover over any link on a page that will show the URL bar at the bottom. It shifts the colour in the left/right borders downwards when the URL bar opens. It's quite distracting when that happens.

no_hover.pnghover.png

Confirmed this still happens on a new profile with no addons added or settings changed.

EDIT: added an animated gif at this -> link <- to better elaborate the problem.

That happens over here as well, the "jumping border" glitch. It is quite annoying.

Using a custom windows theme I don't have this problem. So yeah.. that's a work around if you're interested.

That makes mine appear transparent as well. Apart from that it works good (Y)

Can you tell me if you find out what's making yours transparent? Thanks

That worked great. I just added "background: -moz-Dialog;" after opacity in the #add-on bar part to make it non transparent. Thanks a bunch guys.

Anyone else getting this problem? You need at least 2 tabs open, and hover over any link on a page that will show the URL bar at the bottom. It shifts the colour in the left/right borders downwards when the URL bar opens. It's quite distracting when that happens.

no_hover.pnghover.png

Confirmed this still happens on a new profile with no addons added or settings changed.

EDIT: added an animated gif at this -> link <- to better elaborate the problem.

Same problem, why it's not fixed?

I too find this distracting. Sometimes it's only a few pixels, other times it's several, as in your Google screenshot.

In regular Windows, the border shine graphic changes depending on the height of the window. Because of this, I believe that the link-hover animation is telling Windows OS (incorrectly) that the window has changed size for a second while you are mousing over a link, and then back to the previous size. This is what causes the movement.

Can this even be classified as a "bug"? Bug usually implies that it's able to be fixed in some way. But if they designed the url feature to draw ON the window instead of IN the window, this appears to be the unintended consequence.

It's a pleasure Firefox, I see you got new clothes, but still fat, bye

Got anything to back up your claim? or your just posting nonsense.

Got anything to back up your claim? or your just posting nonsense.

RAM usage perhaps.... it is a bit higher then normal but the browser is so much faster then 3.6!

My Firefox 4 is easily eating up 850 MB of RAM after a few hours of usage. Mind you, I have a lot of tabs open (most of which are in Panorama, but I don't know if those are loaded into memory even if I haven't accessed that tab group yet) but I have noticed that when you close a tab, RAM usage actually drops! Unlike Firefox 3.6 which would increase in usage or stay the same even if you closed all the tabs.

It's a start.

RAM is meant to be used. Also page fault delta is much lower.

I just wish that you can allocate resources with more control. Like I can tell FF to not use over a certain amount of commit charge. Any apps for this? or any FF settings I can tweak?

Is there any way to change the color used when text is highlighted? When I use sites with black schemes, I find that the highlight color makes reading the highlighted text more difficult. Any ideas? It's one of those little annoyances I have with Firefox, but no other browser. Shame really, but if anyone knows of a fix or change then I'd be willing to make use of it!

Is there any way to change the color used when text is highlighted? When I use sites with black schemes, I find that the highlight color makes reading the highlighted text more difficult. Any ideas? It's one of those little annoyances I have with Firefox, but no other browser. Shame really, but if anyone knows of a fix or change then I'd be willing to make use of it!

You could play with the values in this code after placing it in your userContent.css (or Stylish):

::-moz-selection {background-color: #377 !important; color: #000 !important}

• Like 2

RAM usage perhaps.... it is a bit higher then normal but the browser is so much faster then 3.6!

True, hopefully Mozilla will fix more of the ram usage in Firefox 5.

They did, but there's always room for improvement and more fixes that didn't make it in the final release. more of them will be in the next release.

Why when I'm inputting text will Firefox freeze for a second? I've search "Firefox stuttering" with the results pointing to this topic but no specific page.

This was happening to me as well yesterday, pretty sure uninstalling an addon fixed it. I'll need to have a think back.

This was happening to me as well yesterday, pretty sure uninstalling an addon fixed it. I'll need to have a think back.

Great, please let me know ASAP because it is unbelievably annoying.