[Mac] A mess called Adobe CS5

well I'm pretty sure it's easy to do since all of the stuff is already made all they would have to do is combine the two, adobe is just lazy for a quick buck which brings us back to the lazy UI they made up very inconsistent lol.

How would you design the GUI for an app like that?

How would you support it and document it?

How would you design the GUI for an app like that?

Simple, you just hire the team that came up with the new Windows Live Messenger 2011 interface.

Simple, you just hire the team that came up with the new Windows Live Messenger 2011 interface.

That would be a nightmare, for both users and adob :p

This is Adobe's way to get back at Jobs over knocking flash.

Right, except the situation on Windows isn't any better when it comes to Adobe CS5 scattering of files, folders, registry keys etc. ;)

This is Adobe's way to get back at Jobs over knocking flash.

Actually, this has been going on for a lot longer than this recent feud. If anything, Steve blocking Flash is retaliation for the poor quality of Adobe apps Mac users have had to endure for about 9 years now.

One thing that bugs me and makes no sense, is that the toolbars in dreamweaver are different from all the other apps.

24lirug.png

^That won't do you much good. However I did find this utility from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html

Makes me wonder why I'd need a second uninstaller utility in the first place and why the official one that comes with CS5 isn't able to get rid of everything.

One thing that bugs me and makes no sense, is that the toolbars in dreamweaver are different from all the other apps.

They did that for the same reason the close/minimize/zoom buttons had to be aligned differently from the rest of Mac OS X. (Y)

Did anyone post a bug report to Adobe regarding that?

Did anyone get this as well? Apparently Adobe CS5 creates a new Application folder in ~/...

screenshot20100516at190.png

I never had crap like this before with Adobe CS/CS2/CS3/CS4. :/ And Adobe wonders why Apple is giving them such a hard time...

Makes me wonder why I'd need a second uninstaller utility in the first place and why the official one that comes with CS5 isn't able to get rid of everything.

Maybe because the CS5 installer is written in Flash? :whistle: :laugh:

I'm just putting my $0.02 in.

I've had CS5 since a week after it came out. I was able to install it into my "Adobe" folder, then moved them into a CS5 folder I created. I'm not sure what problems could occur with installation. It's pretty straightforward. They should just use Installer, but they need to be different.

Installation time for me was very quick, especially when compared to the download. Now I'll admit it was a lot smaller since CS5 is *about* half the size of CS4 (the download anyway).

Ever since installing CS5 Master Collection I've had no problems and love every single program.

No I'm not a rep from Adobe. I did do some testing (can't say which programs) and am testing some other programs for Adobe. They have a great prerelease program and great people all around.

Once again, that's just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Did anyone get this as well? Apparently Adobe CS5 creates a new Application folder in ~/...

screenshot20100516at190.png

I never had crap like this before with Adobe CS/CS2/CS3/CS4. :/ And Adobe wonders why Apple is giving them such a hard time...

I notice that folder but not sure if that was CS5 or another program or if it was there before. That was CS5? Can I delete it? It is empty.

It didn't come from CS5. Even on Leopard it's there and seems to have been created not long after when I installed Leopard back in 2007.

You can safely delete it. I know, in my case, Steam created it because that's where Steam deposits its games.

You can safely delete it. I know, in my case, Steam created it because that's where Steam deposits its games.

What's the point of doing that if it's only going to be created again from a specific app. It's not like it's taking up space and the folder isn't in the sidebar.

What's the point of doing that if it's only going to be created again from a specific app. It's not like it's taking up space and the folder isn't in the sidebar.

I didn't say there was a point in deleting it. :p I was only saying it's safe to delete if you have some compulsive obsession with unused folders.

Who says it's being recreated? The Adobe CS5 installer created it once and after deleting it it stays gone. My point is that Adobe CS5 creates a crapload of folders everywhere for no apparent reason. Poor coding on Adobe's part.

I swear, looking at those screenshots, it almost appears that Adobe writes their stuff in Java or some X11 crap to make porting to different platforms easier, because it doesn't look native ANYWHERE.

I am under the impression there is truth in what you are saying...

All minor annoyances.. stop whining or use Gimp.

It's a mammoth suite that has tons of features and some out of the world, downright revolutionary things.

CS5 Master runs just fine on my Mac Pro..

CS5 runs the same on Windows 7 (actually even faster) but that's because these days it's more optimized for Windows. Yeah, it's annoying that dialog box in Photoshop uses the older structure or that some icons or list boxes look smaller or a bit different, but it's hardly something that we need to dedicate pages about. .

• Like 1

All minor annoyances.. stop whining or use Gimp.

It's a mammoth suite that has tons of features and some out of the world, downright revolutionary things.

CS5 Master runs just fine on my Mac Pro..

CS5 runs the same on Windows 7 (actually even faster) but that's because these days it's more optimized for Windows. Yeah, it's annoying that dialog box in Photoshop uses the older structure or that some icons or list boxes look smaller or a bit different, but it's hardly something that we need to dedicate pages about. .

Minor annoyances or not, but you'd think Adobe were able to spend the extra time to get the fit and finish right - both on Windows and OS X.

Minor annoyances or not, but you'd think Adobe were able to spend the extra time to get the fit and finish right - both on Windows and OS X.

Well the bottom line is it doesn't deter your or really slow you down in creating creative work.. I'm with you.. they should have fixed it and it's right to point these things out but not really constantly talk about it and make it being such a huge issue, because it's not.

I make wonderful things with new CS5 and whether or not the button or scroller looks as it's the part of OS is no grounds to make pages and pages of threads. I would love that all apps look and feel like Transmit but CS5 Suite is incomparably bigger in code and management.

Adobe needs to update code for these certain things. Maybe it's not as easy or maybe it doesn't fit in their timeframe at the moment but I know they are looking into it because a lot of us Adobe partners reported this issue to be fixed. So it might be fixed in CS6. They really change a lot of things with CS4 and I'm more grateful for them introducing content-aware stuff and other cool things in Flash and AE and so on than fixing a button.

Makes sense?

They really change a lot of things with CS4 and I'm more grateful for them introducing content-aware stuff and other cool things in Flash and AE and so on than fixing a button.

You're grateful? Last time I checked Adobe is a commercial company that has to innovate to keep their customers and sell their software to, not a charity organization.