11-Year-Old Girl Writes A Letter To Nintendo

She probably received the grade before sending the letter. Based on grammer, use of words and spelling, I would have given her a B.

Nah, she deserves a C. She failed to construct the letter properly. She omitted her details, the company details and most of the closing statements and the general pleasantries that often accompany a letter. Most of these items were probably covered in the last few classes yet she failed to implement them into this letter (not paying attention in class?). Sure, if we were judging results then she gets and A but school is about learning the proper process not creating immediate value. My wife is a teacher of younger grades so I'd expect considerably more from a sixth grader especially since this seems to be her first language.

Pretty sad the teacher missed her spelling errors.

That hopefully was intentional. If this task was designed to assess a specific skill (writing a formal letter) then there may not have been a rubric entry for spelling. Perhaps this teacher tracks spelling as a separate subject rather than implement it across all subject lines (because then the same students would be punished repeatedly). If the teacher simply missed the spelling of "dissapointed" then I'd be extremely disappointed in her (there are other spelling errors as well but they don't make as good an alliteration).

Edit:

I'm beginning to think that John is correct and she just missed them (which is pretty sad). Even if she wasn't planning to deduct marks for improper spelling she should have at least underlined the mistakes.

Edited by Fred Derf

she said

"Most of the games on the DS look great". No they don't. Most of the games on the DS look like Ass.

'Look' doesn't necessarily mean graphics.

I wrote a letter to Nintendo in grade school. I don't remember why but I did get a response :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 7 1/2 yr old daughter who I could sub-contract out to you that want a system and have her write them the letters if you want!

JUST KIDDING!

It is great to see that Nintendo is doing this and always pretty refreshing to see that a company still has a human side.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love nintendo even though I haven't had any Nintendo devices lately (well after Gameboy :p)

If it's real that's good stuff from them, even if they just replied to the letter..

I wonder what would happen if she sent a mail to steve jobs :laugh:

That is a really nice story, good on Nintendo! This story kind of reminds me when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I was in year 6 of school and Pogs were all the rage, I used to spend all my pocket money buying them but never got the slammer I wanted.

I told my parents and they helped me write a letter to the company who made them. A couple of weeks later I got sent the slammer I wanted along with a limited edition one! All my mates were in utter envy when I showed them it :woot: