Disabling in-text ads on Neowin

Fill in this poll to help us better your Neowin experience  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Did you disable them?

• Yep I did.
    • No I didn't.
  2. 2. Do you agree that Neowin needs ads to survive?

• No absolutely not.
    • Yes I do.
  3. 3. Do you whitelist Neowin anyways?

• No, I block all ads.
    • Yes, but block in-text ads
    • Yes, Neowin is whitelisted with in-text ads

Vibrant links/Intellitxt is disabled for regular members? Not for me they are not.

They were re-enabled for members some time after his post.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up about this, Mephistopheles. With intellitxt gone, I'm gonna keep neowin white-listed until I renew my sub.

I wish it worked on my computer. It's odd, I'm running Opera 11 with AdBlock, on my work system I am also running Opera 11 with AdBlock. Both are configured the exact same (rebuilt my home profile so it is mostly default settings, even), both whitelist Neowin and the IntelliTXT website. Yet at work, disabling in-text ads works fine through the Intellitext site, at home, I did the same exact thing and it doesn't work....the intellitext ads are still there annoying the crap out of me.

Luckily, I barely use Neowin at home now (I have enough time at work to do what I normally do on Neowin, so I only use it for maybe a few minutes a day at home) so I am going to keep Neowin whitelisted for now despite the intext ads.....the first time they annoy me though I'm going to be blocking them again (I really do wish they would disable properly...based on two browser installations configured the exact same, they should, but for some reason my system doesn't like to disable them at home).