[WC2010] Game 08 - Germany vs. Australia

Who will win game 8?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Germany, Australia or Draw?

• Germany
    • Australia
    • Draw

Someone clear something for me. It's been over 12 years since I last played soccer regularly, but wasn't the guy at the top offsides? I would've liked another replay to confirm it, but the one that they showed, I could've sworn I saw a German ahead of all of the defenders when the pass occurred. I didn't see him advance up after the pass, but maybe I missed that part.

There has been a change to the offside rule, an attacker can be behind a defender and play continue as long as the attacker that was behind the defender does not take part in the play. That make sense? Sorry bit hard to explain really without salt and pepper shakers ;)

Australias defence is very dodgy but when Australia come forward they can cause a few and only a few problems :p

There has been a change to the offside rule, an attacker can be behind a defender and play continue as long as the attacker that was behind the defender does not take part in the play. That make sense? Sorry bit hard to explain really without salt and pepper shakers ;)

Nah, it makes sense, though I find it odd that they would change the rule. I played soccer for 10 years and never once had that enforced.

Did Australia panic and send up their rugby team or what, abysmal performance :p

Australians don't know the difference between Rugby and Football :cool: