[WC2010] Game 08 - Germany vs. Australia

Who will win game 8?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Germany, Australia or Draw?

• Germany
    • Australia
    • Draw

Germany has this time not only all known qualities (fight, condition and mentality), but also plays nice and attractive football. I don't see how anybody else can beat them...

Germany has this time not only all known qualities (fight, condition and mentality), but also plays nice and attractive football. I don't see how anybody else can beat them...

Australia played like a rusty amateur team, it would have made north korea look like a team full of world class players if we played like that against them.

I don't see Australia getting past Ghana, It might take a small (whopper of a) miracle.

Well that was an entertaining game, I'm late on the responses, but WOW. Germany looked great! I think I posted a prediction of 3-0, but man that result was nuts!

Did any Aussies laugh when Cahill got sent off?.. I couldn't care less.. he is very overated.

He was sent off for no reason...yellow card at worst. That refereee was too moronic.

Did any Aussies laugh when Cahill got sent off?.. I couldn't care less.. he is very overated.

I didn't laugh but felt it unfair, it was a yellow at most

Dear English friends:

This is how a football team has to play against a seemingly inferior opponent.

Best regards,

a German.

It seems that USA is not so inferior after all to England :devil:

I am sure Germany would have trashed both of them :D

Dear English friends:

Best regards,

a German.

the states are good, a lot better then australia. You guys also had the luxury of playing against ten players over a BS call... congrats on the win though! you guys did do very well. the lahm to klose goal, best of the tourney so far.

Dear English friends:

Best regards,

a German.

USA have a good team who are nicely put in the FIFA rankings so wouldn't call them inferior :p

A first poster here. :)

Asutralia played very weak.I kind of felt sorry for them.Germans, on the other hand appeared strong.

I wish Germany grabs the cup. :)

About the referee.Did it occur to anyone else that he looked like Al Pacino in Godfather II? :p He was unsparing with the red card in my opinion.

Dear English friends:

Best regards,

a German.

Show off :shifty:

Thanks for supporting the Netherlands with your orange badge and signature btw :whistle:

the states are good, a lot better then australia. You guys also had the luxury of playing against ten players over a BS call... congrats on the win though! you guys did do very well. the lahm to klose goal, best of the tourney so far.

the states got lucky. that's it. :)

Thanks for supporting the Netherlands with your orange badge and signature btw :whistle:

Hah. (Y)

Now we need the next badge of threads for tomorrow's matches =)

:shifty:

USA have a good team who are nicely put in the FIFA rankings so wouldn't call them inferior :p

USA had a good game against england, but CONCACAF is a joke, even with the revised fifa rankings calculation.

the states got lucky. that's it. :)

not even, howard played awesome and the defense completely shut out rooney. States played well. Bent but don't break defense.