[UK] iPhone 4 Handset Prices Announced PAYG

When can I pre-order the iPhone 4 in the UK (on contract)? I'm checking all the networks pages, and they just have a "register your interest" section. Whatever happened to June 15th?
Give O2 a call...

I can't see O2 offering them for ?450 on PAYG. They'll be ?499 the same as Apple. They can't subsidize the phone on PAYG.

Apples is unlocked though so better value...

O2 charging the same wouldnt make sense

I can't see O2 offering them for ?450 on PAYG. They'll be ?499 the same as Apple. They can't subsidize the phone on PAYG.

Why not?

Near enough every other phone in the UK is cheaper on normal PAYG than sim free.

So why would the iPhone be any difference?

Why not?

Near enough every other phone in the UK is cheaper on normal PAYG than sim free.

So why would the iPhone be any difference?

Have you not heard of Apple? They like to charge a premium for their stuff. Not because it's the best, or cutting edge. But because it is made by Apple.

Have you not heard of Apple? They like to charge a premium for their stuff. Not because it's the best, or cutting edge. But because it is made by Apple.

But I'm on about PAYG prices from the networks.

Yeah, apple will charge the networks the same amount, but there's no reason why the networks can't knock ?30 off the price for customers or something.

As with other PAYG phones, they make money back from the top ups - so no reason why they can't give it a little cheaper than sim free.

Please.......

1Ghz CPU made by Apple itself

960x640 Display

720p video playback and editing

external antenna as part of the phones body

First decent 5mp camera with good 720p video capture

Wether you use it or not, accelerometers and gyroscope

How many phones on the market can say all of that. IMO iPhone 4 IS the best phone on the market and the most cutting edge, just because you like to be edgy and cool by bucking the trend doesnt mean you are automatically right.

Please.......

960x640 Display

How many phones on the market can say all of that. IMO iPhone 4 IS the best phone on the market and the most cutting edge, just because you like to be edgy and cool by bucking the trend doesnt mean you are automatically right.

Seriously no phone is better in comparison... now I have had an iPhone I really can't see me getting anything else other than another iPhone. Apple are winning the race people I once hated Apple for many reasons but after purchasing an iPhone my story has changed.

Contract pre-ordering hasn't even started, and none of the networks will actually say when it's gonna happen, or how much it'll cost.

It's a bit ridiculous to be honest - the whole thing stinks of network collusion.

Seriously no phone is better in comparison... now I have had an iPhone I really can't see me getting anything else other than another iPhone. Apple are winning the race people I once hated Apple for many reasons but after purchasing an iPhone my story has changed.

Exactly, i dont have an iphone and i have never owned an iphone, the only Apple product i own is Aluminium Keyboard because it was the only keyboard with chiclet style keys that i love out at the time. I dont really like Apple or the way it does business or prices its stuff.

But credit where credit is due the iPhone 4 is THE best phone out technology and software wise, Android is good but the app store pales in comparison to Apples app store, many people hate on Apple because its cool to hate Apple.

^^Not if last month you signed up for a two year contract with them.

Might try and haggle the ?10 top up once they are readily available in-stores. :shifty:

That and as I said above, the networks hold back stock for new/renewing contracts instead of selling them payandgo. 3gs was out of stock for months on payandgo yet was in stock everywhere on contract, despite the only difference being a sim card not even in the box....

So yeah, not worth trying to save ?10 :p if you want it on release

Well I have 3 devices pre-ordered. Two for reservation at the London Apple store to collect on Thursday 24 and one is out for delivery to be delivered on the 24th :)

I am getting one for myself and the girlfriend, we're not sure whether we're going to go contract or buy it straight out yet as O2 haven't announced their device cost for contracts.

Please.......

960x640 Display

How does it play 720p video if it's screen is only 960x640?

Well I have 3 devices pre-ordered. Two for reservation at the London Apple store to collect on Thursday 24 and one is out for delivery to be delivered on the 24th :)

I am getting one for myself and the girlfriend, we're not sure whether we're going to go contract or buy it straight out yet as O2 haven't announced their device cost for contracts.

One for you, one for your lady. Who gets the 3rd phone? :unsure:

How does it play 720p video if it's screen is only 960x640?

Who said it would play 720p video? It would capture it and probably downscale for playback on the device. But, if you transfer it to your PC or similar, it would be in full 720p glory.

Has to be said: told you so :p O2 will no doubt have a P&G price up today or very soon too.

If they ask me to buy another sim with it though I'll explain I'm already an O2 customer and they can phone to check with them :yes: Either that or I'll make sure I buy from my mate in the Apple Store :p Also, with Simplicity on O2 you can unlock iPhones for free using their request site :happy:

Has to be said: told you so :p O2 will no doubt have a P&G price up today or very soon too.

If they ask me to buy another sim with it though I'll explain I'm already an O2 customer and they can phone to check with them :yes: Either that or I'll make sure I buy from my mate in the Apple Store :p Also, with Simplicity on O2 you can unlock iPhones for free using their request site :happy:

Yeah they gotta hurry up its killing me I just wanna pre-order lol..

One for you, one for your lady. Who gets the 3rd phone? :unsure:

Who said it would play 720p video? It would capture it and probably downscale for playback on the device. But, if you transfer it to your PC or similar, it would be in full 720p glory.

Well it can capture and edit 720p video so its safe to assume it can play back 720p even though the screen doesnt have the resolution it still has the capability.

1. 1 GHz CPU made by Apple itself
  2. 960x640 Display
  3. 720p video playback and editing
  4. External antenna as part of the phones body
  5. First decent 5mp camera with good 720p video capture

How many phones on the market can say all of that?

1. Apple didn?t manufacture Apple A4, it was Samsung who manufactured it. Apple designed it (source). Also, Apple haven?t said exactly what clock speed the A4 is running inside of the i4. It may have been down clocked to extend battery life.
  2. This is a curious one, as I have only seen the screen pitted against the 3GS. I can read sites fine on my Desire.
  3. Coming to the Desire, and I do believe the Nexus One already has it (via hack). But can see it coming officially.
  4. And what exactly? I have seen nothing that says that this will improve the phones reception & maintaining signal.
  5. HTC Desire has 5 MP camera?? AFAIK neither have released more details on what the lens or sensor is.

IMO iPhone 4 IS the best phone on the market and the most cutting edge, just because you like to be edgy and cool by bucking the trend doesn?t mean you are automatically right.
I don?t say what I say to be ?edgy? and ?cool?. I say it because it my opinion. And never once did I say I was right.
But credit where credit is due the iPhone 4 is THE best phone out technology and software wise, Android is good but the app store pales in comparison to Apples app store, many people hate on Apple because it?s cool to hate Apple.
I do give credit where credit is due. I give credit to the fact that Apple has pretty much imploded the smartphone market. Without the iPhone I can?t have seen the plethora of smartphones we have on the market now. Same goes for tablets devices (iPad) and media players (iPod).

What I do hate (and no I don't hate Apple as you imply) is that all logic and sense of reason go out the window when Apple are involved.