Microsoft Announces the all new Xbox 360

Are you getting the new Xbox 360  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the new Xbox 360

Play.com already have it up for ?199.99. I am hoping GAME will have it at that price as their current trade-in price for the xbox is ?70. That would make it ?130 for the new console which is pretty good

Expected price?

$299, same as the current Elite though the old design 360's out now will get a price cut so MS can clear out stock. I won't rush to buy one, being in the EU I have to wait till July anyways, but I might go ahead and do it, I want the bigger HDD as well, also I can give my current one to my sister since she wants to play some RPGs.

Still not up on Amazon, but it's on Game and Gamestation in the UK. I'll probably get one of these within the next month or two. Any good new game suggestions? I currently have a copy of both Halo 3 and Forza 2 hanging around.

P.S. Don't suggest Dead Space ;)

Taking a quick look at the current top sellers looks like DiRT 2, Split/Second or Blur will be my choice.

http://video.destructoid.com/#165121

Don't move it when the disk is in motion. :p

LOL...what a dolt. I love how they did it in slow motion too. I guess they never learn...the PS2, Xbox and original Xbox 360 all did that when moving it while playing....as does every PC tower without slot loading. Derrr!

They have a big lable on the front that says specifically "do not move when disc is inside" or something to that extent. Guess warning labels don't mean much anymore, just like manuals. :laugh:

I probably will get it when my 360 Elite craps out.

Now that you want it to happen it probably wont to spite you. :laugh:

Can we have just a regular "maybe" option? I'm unsure yet because I dont know what my money will be like. And Im hoping maybe there will be some good holiday sales or something

Can we have just a regular "maybe" option? I'm unsure yet because I dont know what my money will be like. And Im hoping maybe there will be some good holiday sales or something

Added maybe.

Voted Maybe, just because I don't know yet. It's likely but how I'll acquire it is unknown yet.

Voted Maybe, just because I don't know yet. It's likely but how I'll acquire it is unknown yet.

Off the back of a truck? i kid i kid. :laugh:

Time to ready the balaclava! :laugh:

I'm on the fence. I've been waiting for this announcement to buy a 2nd xbox, but since it has a new HDD format, how can I play my saved games on both systems?

I'm on the fence. I've been waiting for this announcement to buy a 2nd xbox, but since it has a new HDD format, how can I play my saved games on both systems?

Copy your saves onto a USB flash drive? I think that's what the latest dashboard update added anyway.

Either use a transfer kit to move them to the Slim or just copy the save games to a flash stick.

Either use a transfer kit to move them to the Slim or just copy the save games to a flash stick.

Yep. They are also making the transfer kit available to retail (not sure when) so if you don't already have one it'll be easy to acquire :) which is handy for me since my 360 is dead, so can't exactly transfer my data to a USB pen drive :p

I'd love to get it but since I'm still out of work and my current Elite still works great I'm going to have to pass on it. Now if my Elite breaks and its out of its RRoD warranty(which runs up this September) I'll probably get one of these new ones.