Microsoft Announces the all new Xbox 360

Are you getting the new Xbox 360  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the new Xbox 360

Once my current 360 kicks the bucket and I can't get a warranty repair, I'll pick one of these up. Until then, I recently purchased a 250 GB drive for my current system (please spare me the "you wasted your money" speech today), and so I feel the need to justify that purchase and not take the plunge right away.

I asked the gamestop sales guys, I can trade in my 360 with 20 gig drive and ps3 40 gig for the new 360s.

Does not sound like a good deal :/

Anyway new xbox looks great!

Here's some more info on the new 360.

Link

Overall it's around 17% smaller and uses 15watts less than the newest "older" design.

Deffinatly picking up one when they launch down under, im really over my 360 and the noises the DVDs and streaming makes when the misses is trying to sleep when she has work at 4am every day. Its honestly like having a car running inside the bedroom even as an xbox fan its getting to the point of unbearable noise at night time.

GameStop is doing trade-in deals.... :)

Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB

Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below:

XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100

XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30

XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35

XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40

XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50

XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10

XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14

XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18

XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40

XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50

XB360 Controller ? Wired (Microsoft) - $20

XB360 Controller ? Wireless (Microsoft) - $25

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10.

Either use a transfer kit to move them to the Slim or just copy the save games to a flash stick.

Well, if you use a transfer kit, it automatically erases the previous hard drive.

So let's say I'm using the "new" 360. Can I easily transfer saved games from the internal new HDD to a stick and play it on my other system?

Well, if you use a transfer kit, it automatically erases the previous hard drive.

So let's say I'm using the "new" 360. Can I easily transfer saved games from the internal new HDD to a stick and play it on my other system?

Yeah, using a USB stick should work both ways with save files. Actually, you can just keep the save files on the USB stick instead of moving them between systems if you want.

I will definitely getting the new one. wont be on the first day it comes out but will get one eventually. Want to first get a new receiver first that can switch and upconvert to HDMI. My current 360 is first gen and does not have an hdmi port on it.

looks good in my opinion...! i wouldnt mind one....!

I think these are going to go quick so pre-order it while you can.

SO can I transfer my hard drive at Gamestop if I trade in my old one? That seems a little strange.

I'd ebay it for those prices. hmm.gif

If you can eBay it for those prices then why not just exchange them with GameStop and get done with it. I mean really I find packing and shipping a real hassle especially with electronics.

Heck yeah! Doing that as soon as they're available.

Anyone here ever trade in a dead 360 with Gamestop? I've got one sitting here in my office atm and if it gets me an extra $40 or so, my 360 trade will see nearly no extra cost.

I'm just not sure if it is worth it for me to trade in 9 games, four controllers a system and two hardrives to get it. I would be getting it for free but I'd be out 9 damn games. Not to mention the new HDD format means that any of my friends with old 360's won't be an option for me to "borrow". A little annoyed they didn't keep the same HDD enclosure but am glad it is so much smaller.

Those actually aren't too bad deals.

I could trade in...

- My old console ($100)

- Wireless adapter ($40)

- Extra wireless controller ($25)

- Memory card... I think 512MB ($18)

- 120GB HD ($40)

I wonder if they'd let me transfer all my HD stuff, though... if not, I'd probably keep the hard drive and trade it in after if I can do that. Also: do they require original boxes?