Crackdown 2 Discussion

Why are people complaining about timers in demos? Its an open world game, you can't expect complete free roam with an unlimited amount of time.

Because that is the whole point of an open world/sandbox style of game. The ability roam around and do anything without worries of time constraints or missions. You can do the missions at your leisure without being affected by time inbetween them. You can appreciate the world the developers created, you can find crazy things to due with the physics engine. If I were a developer, I would want to showcase that as best as possible in a demo to entice people to buy the game. Its just plain common sense. There are other ways to limit the demo from being a full retail game. Such as the barriers that are already in-place in the demo to keep you from venturing to other parts of the city.

I do not want to have to re-form a party for co-op every 30 minutes. Takes away from the fun factor. Its about the total consumer experience and I do not really get that feeling when I play the demo as is. Other games outside of the sandbox world are different as they do not have the open world style of play but instead a more linear game where you are already engaged in a mission. You have as much time as you want to complete the mission but when the mission is complete, that is where demos are cut off. But at the end of the day you are more than welcome to disagree its your right.

Its a demo thou, not a full game. Buy the game if you want the full features of it.

That would be true, if I were asking for the full features of the game. But I am not. I am not asking for them to unlock all the weapons, I am not asking them to let me max out my character, I am not asking them to give me access to all the missions, I am not asking for access to the whole city. See what I am getting at, just asking for the time restraint to not be there. I do not want access for a full game, just a demo that can be enjoyed.

Anwyways to each his own. Enjoy the demo in your own right, I will enjoy or not enjoy it in mine.

is it me or are the graphics really bad? (ie worse than the first game?) im kinda undecided about this

I noticed that the graphics seemed darker and grittier which I think is throwing people off. I do not neccessarly think the graphics are worse, just slightly different. Some areas look decent, and others not so much.

I noticed that the graphics seemed darker and grittier which I think is throwing people off. I do not neccessarly think the graphics are worse, just slightly different. Some areas look decent, and others not so much.

cell-shaded is not as noticable

is it me or are the graphics really bad? (ie worse than the first game?) im kinda undecided about this

Graphics are complete garbage in this game. Crackdown 1 was better as far as graphics go. Crackdown 2 is fun as heck though.

Found out today you can stick satchel charges to people and remote detonate so I stuck one a dudes face.

-Also had some funny commmentary. Threw a satchel charge at a guy on the oil rig and he said <snipped> and jumped in the water.

Harpoon gun, still awesome. Love driving a vehicle around with bodies stuck all over the vehicle.

MAG grenades, awesome.

UV shotgun is cool for the freaks, but i found a telphone pole melee is much more fun.

Buggy on the streets wilth freaks everywhere is sweet to.

Edited by John S.
don't circumvent the swear filter

Man I've just heard Ruffian only had 8 months to turn this around for release. I've seen more time given to expansions. Explains why it feels so much like the first though. Not sure if it warrants ?35 though. ?25 maybe!

Man I've just heard Ruffian only had 8 months to turn this around for release. I've seen more time given to expansions. Explains why it feels so much like the first though. Not sure if it warrants ?35 though. ?25 maybe!

What do you mean "turn it around for release"? They've been working on it longer than that. It was shown last year at E3 remember.

What do you mean "turn it around for release"? They've been working on it longer than that. It was shown last year at E3 remember.

It was shown? I thought it was only announced. Last year was too long ago for me.

The game does play like the first but it was a better replay value IMO. I know I might be spending my $60 and not even want to touch it later on but, it's the only thing coming out that looks like its worth my time until Gears 3. Sadly.

They added a bunch, graphics don't bother me that much as it was expected. I can't wait to play with the helicopter.

Also there is a facebook game called Chucks Ducks 2, which is you save enough ducks it will unlock a new difficulty in demo and a weapon for multiplayer in the full retail game.

True. I saved enough ducks. I'm trying to figure out when you know you unlocked the retail version weapon. I've completed all 6 stages (hours of work). On top of that, my duck is only about half way and my high-score is like 75k. Wtf?

Also there is a facebook game called Chucks Ducks 2, which is you save enough ducks it will unlock a new difficulty in demo and a weapon for multiplayer in the full retail game.

I thought you were kidding. WTF.

I hate the fact these games are always male-only characters. No females. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER, but it _HAS_ to be a guy.

I'm tired of everything being male protagonists. I wanna be able to make a female character in something WITHOUT IT BEING AN MMORPG or something stupid like that! Give me a SHOOTER with a customizable female for once.

Brink, Modern Warfares, TF2, Crackdown, etc.. all sausagefest games.

Demo was patched today. Unlimited time no longer allowed. Enjoy your 30 minutes over and over again.

Did you really expect anything less?

I hate the fact these games are always male-only characters. No females. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER, but it _HAS_ to be a guy.

I'm tired of everything being male protagonists. I wanna be able to make a female character in something WITHOUT IT BEING AN MMORPG or something stupid like that! Give me a SHOOTER with a customizable female for once.

Brink, Modern Warfares, TF2, Crackdown, etc.. all sausagefest games.

Sounds like the game industry. Complaining about it won't change it.

I thought you were kidding. WTF.

Nope not kidding

And also there is a meter on the right of the chucks ducks 2 game that shows how close you are to unlocking something. 300 Ducks gets you about half way.

Sounds like the game industry. Complaining about it won't change it.

Then what will change it? Because I'm sick of it. I'm tired of it always being guys. The only games girls get to be the star of are very specialized single player games (Metroid, Portal, Tomb Raider, etc) and often don't have a (decent) multiplayer, or MMOs.

Check out the new awesome highly mature game, you can assassinate people or blow people up or steal cars or shoot each other or whatever! You MUST however be a male, there is no way around it! Sigh...

So many good games ruined by corporate sexism. I guess they only believe women are capable of being supermodels with huge ###### and not warriors or soldiers with a gun.

Then what will change it? Because I'm sick of it. I'm tired of it always being guys. The only games girls get to be the star of are very specialized single player games (Metroid, Portal, Tomb Raider, etc) and often don't have a (decent) multiplayer, or MMOs.

Check out the new awesome highly mature game, you can assassinate people or blow people up or steal cars or shoot each other or whatever! You MUST however be a male, there is no way around it! Sigh...

So many good games ruined by corporate sexism. I guess they only believe women are capable of being supermodels with huge ###### and not warriors or soldiers with a gun.

Women getting a job in it. That's pretty much the only way to change the gaming industry.

From what I know over 95% of the industry is male...I don't really know the finer details off the top of my head.