Crackdown 2 Discussion

Gotta admit this game is actually cool if you remove the cell. It's great fun at night with the freaks, but annoying otherwise. :p

4 player co-op is where this game really comes to life. Love taking on the beacon missions with four guys and then spending 5 minutes juggling cars with the gravity guns :o

Anyone thinking of a 3rd one?

Third crackdown? For me yes, I would love it. I would only hope that Ruffian is given a good amount of time to develop and evolve the franchise. Otherwise I would say stop here with number 2.

Reason I say is because of how this ended...just left it hanging for a 3rd one.

Yeah I was thinking:

seeing how Catalina Thorne recovered the Agent's Hand, mabye the Cell will start cloning their own agents and the next game you play as an agent fighting to liberate citizens from the Agency.

As others have already stated though, its time for a new city so Pacific City needs to go, evolve, get a lot bigger, or they need a new one all together.

Perhaps since the Agency's successful deployment of project sunburst, their power and control has spread to other nearby cities as well, and that is where the next game starts off.

Does anyone want to help me? I have two of the zombie underground structures to go and I can't beat them.

You need the homing missile launcher to take out the err...outside threat easily. That's about all you really need to know.

I don't know if my connections good enough yet :/

Does anyone want to help me? I have two of the zombie underground structures to go and I can't beat them.

If I am around when you are, I'll help out.

So I beat all the things except for the very last activation and died. This guy joined my session, started the activation, thereby locking me out of the Agency Tower, and beat my game for me. :/

Oh well, I had gotten to segment 3 and was about to beat it anyway, and I got the achievements. Offtopic though, they really need an age limiter on Xbox Live so I don't have to play with god damn kids.

So I beat all the things except for the very last activation and died. This guy joined my session, started the activation, thereby locking me out of the Agency Tower, and beat my game for me. :/

Oh well, I had gotten to segment 3 and was about to beat it anyway, and I got the achievements. Offtopic though, they really need an age limiter on Xbox Live so I don't have to play with god damn kids.

I played Burnout Paradise in a game where absolutely noone talked. It was like heaven.

Then I joined a game with some guys using mics and immediately had to use the 'avoid this player' option with one of em.

I see why it's contentious.

I really don't see why people complain about these things, its easy to mute people, and even easier to change your privacy settings to friends only.

That sucks that your random did that. Next time boot him. You could also try extracting to the agency tower. That may or may not work during the final sequence of the game.

On a lighter note, finished the last of the hidden orbs today (thank you for the orb scanner ruffian, d-pad up is the best).

I really don't see why people complain about these things, its easy to mute people, and even easier to change your privacy settings to friends only.

Not all of us are used to it ya know? Until recently my connection was too spotty for multiplayer

.Rob, the whole point was I needed some players because my friends didn't purchase the game. I needed randoms, and as a paying customer of Live, I should be entitled to ask for more options :).

randomevent: I tried spawning but it didn't work because it was outside of the force field, and I couldn't find the boot options in the game itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I 1000% agree with that review, such a failed sequel.

Same here. To go backwards in the SP mode is just a crying shame.

I lost interest, and actually sent it back to Gamefly this morning. I had not touched it in over a week, and the SP just was really annoying.

Has issues no doubt, but still as addictive if not more than the first. Loved the higher difficulty too.

In the first, you were fighting people. Every leader had a name, a history, a reason for you to take them down.

In the second, you're fighting a checklist.

Yes I am aware, I played both of them :p

In the second you are also fighting a leader with a name, Catalina. Maybe some of you should pick up the audio recordings and actually finish the game :p

What were you guys really expecting? You cleaned out the gangs in the first game, they aren't going to magically reappear.

I'm not fighting her. Or her minions. She doesn't show anywhere in the gameplay. She's practically a ghost until the end cinematics.

If everything in the game had just been named "AI number ######" it would've had just as much personality.

What were you guys really expecting? You cleaned out the gangs in the first game, they aren't going to magically reappear.

I was expecting a better sequel. I didn't get it.

It's no different to the first game where you fought gangs (in this case the surviving citizens of Pacific City form Cell) who Catalina rallies together, to stop the agents.

The only difference is you don't repeat the process 10 times *which btw everyone complained about the first*,

and the final confrontation with her is a cinematic.

Crackdown 3 will be a very different game imo. New city and new enemies. With only 1 years development it clearly didn't have enough time to fix the bugs, but attacking the gameplay makes no sense to me when it's pretty much identical to the first game.