Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

[...] and also notice all those things in the screen caps took place on other social networks, Windows Live is being just a social aggregator since Microsoft missed out of the social networking hype.

Which makes sense. It would be silly of Microsoft to try and compete with Facebook and Twitter; instead, it makes much more sense to try and be as unique as possible and aggregate all of one's social networks into one product :) Bearing in mind Windows Live is supposed to be an extension to Windows, this makes much more sense because it allows a Windows user to keep track of all their social activity.

Uhhh isn't that the build that screws up everyone's live messenger? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (6RYAN9)

no dude

this is the latest daily bulid just for vip tester

Isn't that is for an older build? Does anyone have test it on the latest leak?

I tried the older patch on it and I can confirm it doesn't work, it pretty much corrupts it so you can't launch Windows Live Messenger.

I tried the older patch on it and I can confirm it doesn't work, it pretty much corrupts it so you can't launch Windows Live Messenger.

That's bad, let's hope the new patch will be out as soon as possible.

Looks like they copied Skype on the large window and small window options.. what is it with MS and betas? I understand restricting public access.. But why make it so hard to uninstall and go back? I found Skype 5 beta and it gives me no probs.. plus I tried WLM 14.0.8117.726 and webcam quality was horrendous to say the least.. seemed the webcam zoomed on me and the contact I was talking to and to top it all of, there was no "Show Webcam" option blink.gif I could only make "Video Calls".. wtf MS!!?! what abt ppl who just wanna chat with webcams on? Anyways back to 14.0.8089.726 for me.. I dont know if I'll use Wave 4 WLM if it doesn't have the "Show Webcam" option..

It looks basically exactly the same....

Yep :) Which makes sense. They now realise they have a look which works across all Windows Live web services and Windows Live Messenger and are focussing on adding useful features which should have been implemented years ago (tabbed chats is an example).

Yep :) Which makes sense. They now realise they have a look which works across all Windows Live web services and Windows Live Messenger and are focussing on adding useful features which should have been implemented years ago (tabbed chats is an example).

"Show Webcam" is a very useful feature too you know :p I hope they don't bin it..

I'm running build 15.3.2688.420 presently. It is super nice! I like it.

There are certain leaked builds and workouts that let you use Wave 4 Beta, but they are not official, they will not work like the official beta. So I would rather like to wait for the official beta.

no dude

this is the latest daily bulid just for vip tester

nope, dev builds are miles ahead of this one, this build is at least a month or 2 old.

How the **** ?

How?

Can you login?

where did you get it?

Someone here on Neowin had a link to it, so I got it.

Yes, I can login with no problems. And it runs well.

HOW DO YOU SKIP THE SECURITY PATCH ?

AND CAN YOU SHOW US A PIC FOR YOUR BULID # ? PLEASE

Wow thats pretty awesome :) the rest of us will just have to wait until the public beta is out i guess

Would you like to tell us how can you login?

Ah crud, I can't log in. I thought the other day after the dialog for Photo Gallery came up that I was able to. But now when I attempt to, it doesn't do anything; after I click OK on the login dialog it dismisses but doesn't log me in. Sorry for the confusion guys!

Here's an About dialog from WL Photo Gallery:

post-427-12764079220037.png

But you all are right; I'm not able to log in...:no:

Ah crud, I can't log in. I thought the other day after the dialog for Photo Gallery came up that I was able to. But now when I attempt to, it doesn't do anything; after I click OK on the login dialog it dismisses but doesn't log me in. Sorry for the confusion guys!

Here's an About dialog from WL Photo Gallery:

post-427-12764079220037.png

But you all are right; I'm not able to log in...:no:

All good mate, like the rest of us you will just have to wait until the beta is out in the next couple weeks. =(