It's not all gravy though. This shot should be epic in it's epic-ness, but it's let down by undeniably bad scenery graphics, and the often-ignored jaggy shadows.

post-94504-0-86895500-1327002898_thumb.j

Yep stretched textures down the side and at the bottom are quite a let down, the shadowing has gotten better but still does rear its ugly head every now and then.

From my personal shots I guess these would be my favourite in terms of the lighting.

225956132.jpg

354794862.jpg

:huh: I'm gone for a few hours and all this happens in the thread? Time we bring things back on-topic...

Anyone here tried the Speed Test mode yet? I did it earlier with the X2010 and X2011. Managed to top 300 MPH in the X2011, but I couldn't for the life of me break that barrier in the X2010; I maxed out at 299.8 MPH. It just doesn't have that little extra oomph to take it past the 300 mark. Which is a shame, as the transmission allows you to take the theoretical top speed beyond 500 MPH. :p If you do that though, it'll hit around 290 MPH in 3rd or 4th gear, then when you shift up, it just loses its power and never gains it back.

Anyone here found anything that goes even faster than the X2011? I'm hoping to find a repeat of this...

:p

Oh yeah...got the Sauber up to 338mph. I got my GTR up to 313mph as well. Some are getting the Aventador up to 324, but I only got 320.

One of the X2010's, I think, allows you to adjust the gears fully. I think it was one of the prize cars from doing the Vettel challenge. I think (because I'm not good enough to win it :p)

I did a one-make race on the test track with X2011's. 12 or so minutes of total concentration. Boy, those cars are hard to drive flat out with a wheel!

By the power of greyskull! patches.

Ver1.00 Avg:52.781fps Min-Max:44.0-60.0fps Tear:74.167%(73.021%)

Ver2.03 Avg:60.000fps Min-Max:60.0-60.0fps Tear: 0.911%( 0.833%)

Wouldn't mind seeing Lens of Truth picking up on this and doing another report on it. Certainly that was the one thing that I had issues with was the tearing in the game, it has been noticeably fixed and looks like that frame rate is solid now, thing is though was that in 720 or 1080?

Ah seems the reason for the improvement is that they have removed the crowds and the flags at the side of the course. Leaving the engine to render less and improving the frame rate. That video was in Arcade mode with 16 cars, other modes with the 12 cars show same performance as before with the crowds.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6563789#post6563789

The GT86 time trial at Tsukuba is a decent challenge, but a lot of fun! The combination of car, track and tires really works. I golded it after a few laps, but then carried on lapping for a good 30 mins after because it was so enjoyable throwing the car around those bends!

I got 1:13.767 but I reckon I could go a bit faster. It's just too tempting to go too fast into those hairpins :D

Yeah the time trial is a lot of fun, got gold after about 8 laps.

Kept playing for about 2 hours chasing the #1 ghost, its 1:09.3??, definitely seem to be losing time on the hairpins :)

Best I could manage was 1:12.422.

Just got the gold on that 86 GT time trial: 1:14.293. :) Also hit the credit limit once again earlier, and bought the Ford Mark IV. Just got the Red Bull X2010 left to buy in the premium dealerships.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2.05 is live, some nice improvements to Steering Wheels, defiantly feels a lot better on straight in F1 cars.

http://www.gtplanet....-available-now/

Decent changelog

• Improved the performance of online races to provide a better racing experience. However, please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals.
  • Reduced wobbling of the screen when using the Chase view (The Chase view is when the car is viewed from the rear during races and replays, selected by using the SELECT button).
  • Electric cars (opponent cars and your cars in B-Spec) will now pit-in automatically to recharge the battery.
  • Reduced the amount of steering pull when using force feedback steering wheel controllers in banks on courses such as the Special Stage Route X Oval.
  • When driving formula cars using the Logitech steering wheel controllers, the initial force feedback amount has been lessened and adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.
  • Fixed an issue where speedometer, race position and best lap time info are sometimes not displayed on the 2nd player side in 2P Battle Mode.
  • Fixed an issue where exhaust sound is heard even after switching from a combustion engine car to an electric car within the same online race.
  • Fixed an issue where if the game is started without signing in online and then saved, the cars and courses included in the Racing Car Pack and Course Pack would become unusable.
  • Fixed an issue where electric cars would not recharge in the pit and become immobile.
  • Fixed an issue where when the oil of the Toyota Prius was changed in GT Auto, the motor ceased to function correctly.
  • Improved the force feedback of the Guillemot Thrustmaster T500 RS, where the 10 level force feedback adjustment (especially when using the X2010 and X2011) was not working effectively. Also improved a condition where it was difficult to drive in the intended path.

When driving formula cars using the Logitech steering wheel controllers, the initial force feedback amount has been lessened and adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.

I'll have to try this out later. This was certainly a problem for all the high speed cars, especially the X2011/12 which is incredibly difficult to hold the wheel straight at top speed.

I'll have to try this out later. This was certainly a problem for all the high speed cars, especially the X2011/12 which is incredibly difficult to hold the wheel straight at top speed.

Tried out the X2011 earlier and it is a big improvement, I like the car even more now :)

Heads Up new Seasonal Events are live, focusing on American cars, looks like some Fun :)

http://www.gtplanet....rs-highlighted/

Time Trial No. 29

500PP American Cars: Cape Ring Time Trial

American non-race cars only, limited to 500PP on Sports/Hard tyres or worse

Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

600PP Suzuka Circuit Time Trial

Any car limited to 600PP on Sports/Hard tyres or worse

Drift Trial No. 29

American Cars: Sarthe Circuit 2009 (no chicane) Drift Trial

American cars only on Comfort/Soft tyres or worse

N?rburgring 24H Course Drift Trial

Any car on Comfort/Soft tyres or worse

I am currently doing the 4 hour MX5 endurance race at Tsukuba and due to the fact the PS3 is attached to the family telly I keep having to pause and leave it on whilst the bosses are watching telly.

I noticed that there are races that are 24 hours long, do you have to do them in one go - as in not turning your PS3 off - or can you come back to it?

I am currently doing the 4 hour MX5 endurance race at Tsukuba and due to the fact the PS3 is attached to the family telly I keep having to pause and leave it on whilst the bosses are watching telly.

I noticed that there are races that are 24 hours long, do you have to do them in one go - as in not turning your PS3 off - or can you come back to it?

One of the patches introduced saving mid endurance race.

On entering the pits you should be offered the chance to save your game.

Woo!

Think its time to buy GT5 again then, one of the things that put me off once I got near endgame were the endurance events, now you can save count me in.