Well I have the wheel, all I can say right now is that it is going to take some getting used to!

Happy Birthday AT!

And indeed, it will take more than some getting used to. I suggest making another profile and starting from scratch, or at the very least going back and doing easier races until you get the hang of it. It takes a lot of practice. Once you get it though, you just get it, and it is such a deeper experience overall.

Happy Birthday AT! :)

In addition to what DL said, try the Top Gear special events with the wheel; they're easy enough to help you get the hang of using the wheel, just for the love of god, don't do the one with the Lotus! :p Stick to the ones with the VW combi van, and the old VW jeep.

My goal for Christmas when I get my wheel, unlock the christmas version of the location above :p

Prepare to be addicted. Once you start playing this on your Logitech wheel, it'll feel like a brand new game again.

• 2 weeks later...

new update coming on December 20th:

New Gran Turismo 5 Update & DLC Coming December 20th

Source: http://www.gtplanet....-december-20th/

Polyphony Digital has already posted an online service maintenance notice for the date, between the hours of 03:00-04:00 GMT, so the new material should become available at that specific time.

UPDATE: Sony has jumped the gun a bit, posting all the information about the new content on their blog. Here?s a complete listing of all the new changes coming in GT5 2.02:

• Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
  • The settings sheets will include a new ?copy? feature
  • In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
  • Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
  • Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
  • In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
  • In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ?Max. number of participants? setting
  • In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ?(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
  • Improved racing sound effects
  • Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked.

These new cars will also be available as DLC for $3.99:

• 2011 Mini Cooper S
  • 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R
  • 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R
  • 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.

The blog post also confirms the Toyota 86 will be available for free in the 2.02 update, and theprevious batch of DLC will now be available on all the user accounts of a PlayStation 3 console (they can be purchased from their respective dealers within the game).

Finally, anyone who purchased the first batch of DLC will receive a free ?Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP? along with five free ?New Car Refresh? cards that reset any car in the game back to as-new condition, without losing any modifications that have been performed to it.

i7Ii0KLbM2l1M.gif

My goal for Christmas when I get my wheel, unlock the christmas version of the location above :p

wasnt there some christmasy music on the gt5 home screen last on christmas day last year?

the new update sounds good. thank god they added that one button collect for gifted/DLC car packs.

Patch is up

[Major Changes and New Features]

- Introducing the new Car Pack 2 DLC

This new Car Pack 2 DLC adds a numer of new cars to Gran Turismo 5, and will be made available in the PlayStation?Store from December 21st, 2011. The price of the DLC is ?3.19.

This pack adds 4 new cars including the new and improved 2012 R35 GT-R, Mini MINI COOPER S, Volkswagen Golf VI R, and the Volkswagen Scirocco R.

- Wheels can now be changed on Standard cars

Continuing the improvement of standard cars since the addition of simplified interior views in the 2.00 update, wheels of standard cars can now be changed.

Select the desired wheels for your car in GT Auto, to make your car lighter and improve the styling.

- Downloadable contents can now be used by multiple users with the Family Upgrade

This Family Upgrade will allow the the Course Pack and Racing Car Pack (including those purchased as a part of the Complete Pack) DLC's released in October 2011 to be used by all acounts on the same PS3? system. (Planned Release Date: December 21, 2011)

There are important points to note in this upgrade, so please make sure to read the FAQ below:

- FAQ for Family Upgrade

- The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.

The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.

Once you have purchased the Car Pack DLC's, you can purchase additional DLC cars in-game using game credits.

- A copy feature has been added to the setting sheets

A copy button has been added to the lower left of the settings screen. A settings sheet saved in either A/B/C can now be copied to A, B or C.

Please use this feature when you wish to slightly modify settings you have already made.

[Gifts]

- Toyota 86 GT 12 - a gift for all

We will be giving out the Toyota 86 GT '12 as a holiday season gift to all players that have installed the 2.02 update.

- Free tickets for GT Auto

Free tickets have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto.

10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update.

- A gift to those purchasing the DLC's

We will be giving out an additional car; the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards to customers purchasing any of the DLC packs released in October 2011.

The New Car Refresh can be used from the Special Tickets option in the items list, and will return a car to a brand new condition (to a condition even before breaking in the car's engine). Equipped parts and current paint on the car will not be affected by this ticket.

* This gift will be available by purchasing Course Pack, Racing Car Pack, Racing Gear Pack, Paint Pack and Complete Pack.

* This gift will only be made available once per account.

[Other Improvements]

- Pressing the ? button in the car ticket selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car tickets at once. (The limit of the number of tickets you can receive all at once is 100.)

- Tyre wear speed adjustment

- In GT Auto you can now see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.

- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the ? button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the ? button will show the drivers list.

- An option has now been added for 'Max. number of participants - this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.

- Added ? marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.

- Racing sound effect adjustment

- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) has been adjusted. this applies to steering wheels with a 200 degree turning radius including the GT Force??Driving Force??GT Force?RX?Driving Force Wireless? steering wheel controllers. The [steering Type] (Amateur/Professional) settings in the Game Options will be ignored, and the controller's steering angle will now directly affect the tyre turning angle of the car.

[Correction of Known Issues]

- An issue has been corrected where you would overrun without resetting if the pit lane is entered at low speed on some tracks.

- Corrected an issue with performance point calculations for the Red Bull X2010 and the X2011.

- Corrected an issue where the rear wing/aerodynamic settings was being reset when switching between setting sheets.

- An issue was corrected where the car would become stuck in autopilot from the pit lane if a certain condition is met in an endurance race on the Tsukuba Circuit. Also revised the entry route during pit stops and speed judgement.

- Improved multi-monitor stability

yr45m.jpg

Some examples of ability to change wheels on the standard cars

HH7KY.jpg

Premium rims on standard RUF RGT

6542331745_ac6dc79ee9_b.jpg

Standard Integra DC2 with changed wheels

6542332073_25edc51706_b.jpg

Best stealth addition ever: standard GT-R pace car now has working blinking lights LOL!

6542332343_12672b32e9_b.jpg

And this is the free car everyone gets

Toyota 86GT 2012 (free!)

6542330521_09d6f4d842_b.jpg

6542330761_52a5019561_b.jpg

Bloom is back

6542330991_9d125dcf10_b.jpg

6542331485_c60330b5dd_b.jpg

6541791073_2a15605c67_b.jpg

There's a new chase cam, and you can also now turn off individual elements of the HUD.

yeah i'm loving the new chase cam, also glad the added the individual hud ticks, now the only thing i want now is those working fuel gauges on premium cars, and perhaps the cars with rear windshield wipers to work when raining. I can't wait till they update the store so i can take that new GT-R for a spin.

It's taken me the best part of a year, but I finally got that expert gold in Karting.

54x6i0.jpg

29eq620.jpg

Real men race in pink Karts.

• An issue was corrected where the car would become stuck in autopilot from the pit lane if a certain condition is met in an endurance race on the Tsukuba Circuit. Also revised the entry route during pit stops and speed judgement.

Yay! :D Perhaps it's time to leave Skyrim for a bit and dig the wheel out again...

Just hit level 39 in B-Spec. Now begins the long and seemingly neverending climb to level 40 which I can not be arsed to do, so I've shared all my drivers. :p

BTW, did an oil change on my X2011 earlier, and it showed me the before and after results in GT Auto now (which I'm glad is there now :) ), and just from an oil change, I gained 130BHP. :blink: Madness.

Patch is up

And this is the free car everyone gets Toyota 86GT 2012 (free!)

Bloom is back

6541791073_2a15605c67_b.jpg

There's a new chase cam, and you can also now turn off individual elements of the HUD.

Hey what the, these rims are not available in the game on this car, as a matter of fact this car is not available. :cry:

Hey what the, these rims are not available in the game on this car, as a matter of fact this car is not available. :cry:

thats the concept version, available to only those who purchased the 1st DLC pack. Apparently there is a problem in the recognition of the 1st DLC pack where you must have purchased any 2 items from the pack. If you purchased the 'Complete Pack', it counted as 1 item and didn't count. Everyone is still waiting on Polophony to respond in regards to this issue.

thats the concept version, available to only those who purchased the 1st DLC pack. Apparently there is a problem in the recognition of the 1st DLC pack where you must have purchased any 2 items from the pack. If you purchased the 'Complete Pack', it counted as 1 item and didn't count. Everyone is still waiting on Polophony to respond in regards to this issue.

oh ok, that's why and i have the complete pack too.

Driving around the full nurburgring track is probably the best thing in a sim racer this gen! Love that 1.3 mile long straight.

Here are some of the most interesting unofficial updates:

• Many old Seasonal Events have been removed from the [seasonal Events] page.
  • Some existing Seasonal Events now give out free car tickets. Users who have already completed these events prior to the update can reload them to receive the ticket without restarting the race.
  • The chase camera has been adjusted to follow the car more closely. Bumps and track camber are 'felt' more closely in the chase camera.
  • Replay cameras are reported to be more dynamic, following the car more closely.
  • The in game Heads Up Display has been made more fully customizable, with the ability to add or remove individual items from the display.
  • Crash sound effects sound somewhat more realistic.
  • Grass was made to appear more realistic.
  • Users purchasing more than one DLC pack (with the complete pack counting as only one) receive a free Toyota FT-86 Concept II ?11.
  • Improvements were made to lighting and shadowing.
  • Under certain circumstances, the track map is made thicker.
  • Hosts of online lobbies can now disallow the use of ABS. Also, hosts can choose to enable penalties in free-run.
  • The Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (PACE) '01 now has working, flashing lights.
  • Exiting a seasonal race now takes you back to the seasonal menu, instead of the GTLife menu.
  • Switching cars after setting a lap time in online Free Run no longer resets your leaderboard standings.
  • When replays restart automatically, the user's camera selection is no longer reset.
  • The LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01 now has the correct front rim color.
  • Standard cars' headlights now shine onto surfaces, and other general model improvements have been made to Standard cars.
  • 3D functionality has been improved.
  • The smoke textures have been replaced with higher resolution versions.
  • A 'Bloom' effect has been added to Photo Mode.
  • Driving with ABS off has been improved, making it easier to drive without locking up the wheels.
  • Best lap times and sector times now remain on the online lobby leaderboard after the race ends.
  • Force feedback on compatible wheels has been strengthened and is now more sensitive to small road surface changes.
  • Raindrops now 'splash' when they strike the road surface.
  • Some textures for signs on tracks have been replaced with higher resolution versions.
  • Clutch mechanics when driving in manual transmission have been adjusted.
  • It is now possible to cause a backfire while upshifting, based on the speed of the engine at the time of the shift and the speed of the shift.

From GAF

I tried to download the update but 600meg took 5 hours So i canned it, is there way of getting it faster?

Did you get 2.01? Wasn't it around 600? 2.02 is definitely in the 300 range.