Yeah an F1 at Spa would be good fun. Had one the other weekend with Jordan and F1shy. Really fast. I've been getting used to the Red Bull recently as I was using it for the endurance races. Easier to use that and make the laps fly by quicker.

The latest version of Gran Turismo 5, version 2.01, has just been released. Weighing in at 112MB, it provides a number of bug fixes, patches, and tweaks. Here’s a complete change log:

[Major Changes and New Features]

- Compatibility of Kart Space I/II with cars other than racing Karts

It is now possible to race on Kart Space I/II of the DLC in cars other than racing Karts in online races and in the Free Run of Practice.

(In the one make races of the Arcade mode and Practice, the courses are still limited to racing Karts.)

- Expanded the car restrictions in the Online Lounge

It is now possible to simultaneously set [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Models] in regulation settings. ( [Vehicle Tuning] must be set to [unrestricted] and [Car Restrictions] must be set to something other than [select from Garage].)

[Other Improvements]

- In the Open Lobby, it is no longer possible to vote to kick out the person who created the room. (If the player leaves the room after creating it then comes back, they are then subject to the vote.)

- Adjusted the force of the steering wheel returning to center after a race when using the “Guillemot T500RS”.

- Improved the steering model when driving racing Karts with the DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller, to prevent overly spinning out.

[Correction of Known Issues]

- Corrected an issue where the BGM would stop playing when returning from the Lounge to the Open Lobby.

- Corrected an issue where if further engine tuning was performed on a car that already had engine tuning, the engine tune field would become incorrect when changing setting sheets.

- Corrected a discrepancy in the numerical figures in the setting sheets.

- Corrected an issue where wheels and horns would become different in every setting sheet change.

- Corrected an issue where the removal of aerodynamic parts and wings would not be implemented when changing setting sheets.

- Corrected an issue where the TCS and ABS settings would change when changing setting sheets.

- Corrected an issue where if a certain operation was performed when using a steering wheel controller with an H pattern gear shifter, the shift lever position, gear position display and the car operation would become mismatched. (On the Logitec G25 Racing Wheel, Logitech G27 Racing Wheel, and Guillemot T500RS + TH8RS Shifter.)

- Corrected an issue with the key assignments on the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel.

- Corrected an issue where the driver hand motion did not match the steering wheel motion.

- Corrected an issue where autopilot would not be disengaged after returning to the course, when resuming an endurance race where the pit lane was entered at overspeed before saving.

- Corrected an issue where the Practice ranking board would reset if the weather change/time change setting was changed when editing an existing track in the Course Maker edit screen.

- Corrected an issue where no courses could be saved in the Course Maker if the update (2.00) was installed without going through earlier updates.

- Corrected an issue where an error would occur at game start if the update (2.00) was installed on a system that has a save data that has never been updated from the first version.

- Corrected an issue with the Hybrid System simulation on the Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius Touring Car.

- Corrected an issue on the Ferrari F10’10, where drivers were experiencing random vibration.

- Corrected an issue where the wheel color would not appear correctly in pit work, if the wheel had been repainted.

- Corrected an issue where the [Reset to Default] button was not functioning on cars that originally come with turbo kits, when other turbo kits were installed.

- Corrected various other issues regarding the update and the DLC.

A special new “Online B-Spec Challenge” Seasonal Event, the first of its kind, has also been made available. As you might expect, the races are for your fastest B-Spec driver and take place at the following locations:

• 400PP High Speed Ring (5 laps), 125,000 Cr. Prize
  • 500PP Rome City (5 laps), 170,000 Cr. Prize
  • 650PP Tokyo Route 246 (10 laps), 220,000 Cr. Prize

Thanks to Brian for the early tip!

Source: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-2-01-released-new-b-spec-seasonal-event/

- Improved the steering model when driving racing Karts with the DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller, to prevent overly spinning out.

Just after me complaining about not doing well karting :p

Nice to see B-Spec seasonals make an appearance as well now.

regarding the new DLC - can i buy it from the EU store and use it with a Canadian copy of GT5? My console is European, but i buy games in Canada. Thanks :)

No, Kaz said you can only use the DLC with the corresponding version of the game, so if you've got a Canadian copy of GT5, you'll have to buy the DLC from the Canadian store.

Picked up my 47" LG 3DTV and this was the first game I put in. Tested some blurays which look amazing. This game is pretty subtle in the 3D but it certainly works when using the cockpit view. Can't wait to get my wheel now and will be a happy guy.

• Like 1

Been going through the B-Spec endurance events recently. Currently finishing up the "1000km of Suzuka" race, then just the two 24 hour races to go, but I'm only at Level 35, so I can only do the Le Mans one for now, which I'll start doing tomorrow morning, and hopefully finish by Thursday night without losing the 200% XP + money bonus. :p Then on Friday, I'll start the "24 Hours of Le Mans" in A-Spec. :)

Still failed to restart the Tsukuba endurance again :angry: This time I am absolutely sure I was doing 50, and behind the wall before I saved, but again it restarted on the track, driving by itself. Obviously not quite fixed well enough.

Still failed to restart the Tsukuba endurance again :angry: This time I am absolutely sure I was doing 50, and behind the wall before I saved, but again it restarted on the track, driving by itself. Obviously not quite fixed well enough.

Not good, I've only done 2 resumes in the Endurance races and both have been fine so far fingers crossed Still think we need to sort out some online races between us all.

My B-Spec Bobs finished the "24 Hours of Le Mans" this morning. :) I've got them revisiting the "9 Hours of Tsukuba" right now which will be done just after I come home from seeing Evanescence tonight! :D

I've started doing those remote races while I'm at work, so we'll see how long I keep these up for. If anyone wants to toss their B-Spec drivers into these races feel free to add me to your friends list and I'll toss them in to earn some rewards (right now I've been setting up races between my spare account until my other friends share their drivers online).

I've been holding off playing this badly since the DLC as I'm getting a wheel at Christmas, but at this rate the next update and DLC will be out! (December update). All the games coming out this fall don't help either! Good thing a car game doesn't really "get old", at least not GT considering all the features it has :p

How big an experience change am I going to get going from controller to wheel? (want to hype myself up) Will probably just be the GT wheel, the G27 is too expensive, and it's really hard to find a G25 nowadays.

How big an experience change am I going to get going from controller to wheel? (want to hype myself up) Will probably just be the GT wheel, the G27 is too expensive, and it's really hard to find a G25 nowadays.

A huge change. For one thing, you'll be able to drive the X2010 and X2011 properly now. :p I've driven them with both controller and wheel, and with the controller, it's nigh-on impossible to drive it flat-out. With the wheel, it's still tough, but you can actually control it much better, as with the wheel, you can make the much more precise steering movements that those cars need over a controller. :)

I've been holding off playing this badly since the DLC as I'm getting a wheel at Christmas, but at this rate the next update and DLC will be out! (December update). All the games coming out this fall don't help either! Good thing a car game doesn't really "get old", at least not GT considering all the features it has :p

In a similar boat, but didn't hold off playing the game after the DLC. Really loved the Spa circuit, wasn't too fussed on the karting ones though tbh. Looking forward to getting the wheel set up with the stand. Having read the reviews of the GT wheel I'm certainly not upset with not getting a G25/27. Also the addition of the in-race adjustment jog wheel on it should be interesting as to how well it works and the differences it makes etc.

The wheel adds another dimension to the game. The extra level of control and feel it gives is astonishing. Feeling the wheel go loose as you go over a hill, bucking around on the curbs, feathering the throttle on the limit of grip... You get the idea.

I really only use the jog wheel to maybe adjust the traction control slightly as my tyres wear. You can do a lot more with it, but often it's difficult to select different options between corners, for example.

Around this time last year, Kaz said he'd like another year to finish the game properly. The updates have indeed polished the game, and it's been interesting watching and playing during the last year to see how the game has evolved.

For me, it's run it's course though. There's little left in it now to pull me back in. The bugs still present in resuming the enduros mean I won't risk wasting hours of my life. The DLC was great, but also a bit of a let-down. There are no changes to a-spec or any seasonals that utilise the new cars and tracks, and to that end I really don't think I'll be at all tempted by any future offerings. Kaz has mentioned new cars in future DLC, but unless I'm going to racing against them as well, I really don't see the point. There are more than enough cars in the game already, and throwing a few "LM" variations out seems like a waste of their time as much as mine. The seasonals themselves went some way to addressing the issue of the shortness of a-spec, but they've now become a game of chase the rabbit. Wheel to wheel racing is almost non-existent.

That all sounds negative, and it's easy to be critical because let's face it, despite (or because of) it's enormous gestation period, it didn't live up to it's expectations. That said, I played it almost solidly for nearly a year, which I think goes to show that even a flawed masterpiece can still be a great experience. GT5 is a brilliant game, and worth every penny I paid, and every hour spent playing it.

Around this time last year, Kaz said he'd like another year to finish the game properly. The updates have indeed polished the game, and it's been interesting watching and playing during the last year to see how the game has evolved.

For me, it's run it's course though. There's little left in it now to pull me back in. The bugs still present in resuming the enduros mean I won't risk wasting hours of my life. The DLC was great, but also a bit of a let-down. There are no changes to a-spec or any seasonals that utilise the new cars and tracks, and to that end I really don't think I'll be at all tempted by any future offerings. Kaz has mentioned new cars in future DLC, but unless I'm going to racing against them as well, I really don't see the point. There are more than enough cars in the game already, and throwing a few "LM" variations out seems like a waste of their time as much as mine. The seasonals themselves went some way to addressing the issue of the shortness of a-spec, but they've now become a game of chase the rabbit. Wheel to wheel racing is almost non-existent.

That all sounds negative, and it's easy to be critical because let's face it, despite (or because of) it's enormous gestation period, it didn't live up to it's expectations. That said, I played it almost solidly for nearly a year, which I think goes to show that even a flawed masterpiece can still be a great experience. GT5 is a brilliant game, and worth every penny I paid, and every hour spent playing it.

I kind of agree, while I find it fun to pop on and do a few races, all I have now are the endurance and being honest I don't want to risk wasting 20 hours of racing to be beaten by a bug in the game. I still haven't really tried too much of the online side but I know that when I raced against you I was no where near your level and found it quite frustrating being so far behind.

It is a great game and I do hope there is some truth behind the many track logos that were found on the GT website, I think the one thing that could save this game would be a mass influx of tracks. Not just 1 main one and 2 novelty ones like the last DLC.

The bugs still present in resuming the enduros mean I won't risk wasting hours of my life.

Ehh? I thought they were fixed? They certainly have been for me in the B-Spec races.