Lakers ... Reloaded?

Okay, so the Lakers didn't win the championship last year. So, they bring in KARL MALONE and GARY PAYTON?

This is INSANE... four future hall of famers and likely 20+ points per game scorers, all on one team.

Eastern Conference (hell, almost all western conference) teams couldn't touch the Lakers before... now what?

I refuse to watch a single NBA game this year due to this. So screwed up...

The ruling on whether he'll be charged or not will be by Friday, no later than Monday, latest I heard.

Edited by Detriment1

There ruling on whether he'll be charged or not will be by Friday, no later than Monday, latest I heard.

what about Shaq? he was planning on leaving the team, right?

Not that I heard.

Damn, then the Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone will me in the same team? :omg:

,Jul 10 2003, 19:27] Damn, then the Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone will me in the same team? :omg:

Yup... it's obsurd if you ask me :x

Yup... it's obsurd if you ask me :x

those are 4 future hall of famers, its unfair, lol

still it will be interesting seeing them, their score average combined its 110+ points

it could make for a great upset in the playoffs though :)

in hockey, the red wings had a super stacked team, with probably 7-9 future hall of famers, and they got beat by the mighty ducks in the first round.

what probably will happen is the battle of the Ego's.... seeing who is better... first it was just Shaq and Kobe.. and they are adding in Karl and Gary... it's gonna be a bumpy ride .. that's what i see

in hockey, the red wings had a super stacked team, with probably 7-9 future hall of famers, and they got beat by the mighty ducks in the first round.

Only team that can do it in my eyes, is the Spurs. Since they might be getting J-Kidd... but NO Eastern Conference team can even touch them :\ I kind of wanted to see the 76ers do something this year, but oh well. :angry:

I call this Yankee-itus, one team with alot of money just buys all the talent and ends up making more money from tickets and what-nots, and then they use that money to buy the best next generation players ect ect, with no end in site. Oh well, good thing I don't like basketball

Well Payton is not exactly a future hall of famer... very good consistent player though.

I say let them get Karl too, just a waste of talent with all 4 guys together, hmmm maybe it will take less shots away from shaq...the most dominant scorer and one of the highest % shooters, so it's fine by me... and just remember as much as Payton brings...he doesn't bring sharp shooting from the outside when Kobe or Shaq or even Karl are doubled... at least not the same quality as Fisher has shot recently. Fair enough Payton and Malone are still playing well and not exactly fading away just yet, but it may turn out to be something similar to Hakeem, Pippen and Barkley...

Still I'd love to see Spurs with J KIdd and Zo Mourning match up :D hehe!!

remember we are talking about the NBA here...there are no upsets...since 1991, a grand total of 4 teams have won the NBA championship.. and it doesnt look like that will change anytime soon

Maybe the lakers are going to be the next chicago bulls, the 90's bulls were full of stars, Jordan (the best ever), Pippen, Kuckok (he is good), Rodman (I dont like his attitude, but lets face it, he was the best in rebounds)

I will be really surprised if that team can gell with all of the egos on it. NBA is just as big of a joke right now as the NHL and MLB. You should not be able to try to go out and purchase a championship. I think that is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the NFL. When it is all said and done, every team in the NFL (except the Bengals) has the opportunity to put together a team and win the superbowl.

I will be really surprised if that team can gell with all of the egos on it. NBA is just as big of a joke right now as the NHL and MLB. You should not be able to try to go out and purchase a championship. I think that is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the NFL. When it is all said and done, every team in the NFL (except the Bengals) has the opportunity to put together a team and win the superbowl.

Agreed, Corey Dillon is wasting his talent with the bengals :no:

He should move to the buc's or to the Texans to start creating a lasting franchise

I remember ppl were upset when GLEN RICE went to the Lakers, ppl said it would be unfair (center, 3-point shooter, shooting gaurd l337ness) and they would simply stop watching games. Well, Glen Rice ended up sucking ass and didn't help TOO MUCH, prolly cause of his slowness due to his injury, and the Lakers won the championship. Now with these 4 l337 players, ppl should be bawling over because its like a friggin All-Star team in L.A.

not me thou, I'm excited to see how Phil is gunna take this, considering he has never had 4 guys with this much talent on a starting lineup.

i hate the lakers.... now i hate them even more....

f*ck kobe, f*ck shaq, f*ck malone, and f*ck payton

i hope they miss the playoffs this year

also, a big f*ck you to the Detroit Red Wings, Colorado Avlanche, and the New York Rangers....

f*ck all you..... that's why we need a damn salary cap