Lakers ... Reloaded?

I remember ppl were upset when GLEN RICE went to the Lakers, ppl said it would be unfair (center, 3-point shooter, shooting gaurd l337ness) and they would simply stop watching games. Well, Glen Rice ended up sucking ass and didn't help TOO MUCH, prolly cause of his slowness due to his injury, and the Lakers won the championship. Now with these 4 l337 players, ppl should be bawling over because its like a friggin All-Star team in L.A.

not me thou, I'm excited to see how Phil is gunna take this, considering he has never had 4 guys with this much talent on a starting lineup.

Excuse me, Glen Rice is NOT Karl Malone. Glen Rice is NOT Gary Payton.

I think chemistry is more important, Team USA didn't do that well in the world championship, they lost against argentina.

You have 3 player that scores 25 points or above, one of them will probably have to take a point cut for the season.

people actually watch the NBA? lol :blink:

if only the laker's plane could fall on barry bonds, i think that would kill 2 with 1 stone .hehe :devil:

people actually watch the NBA? lol :blink:

if only the laker's plane could fall on barry bonds, i think that would kill 2 with 1 stone .hehe :devil:

and then the ny yankees plane could fall on...well.. new york yankees fans.. all would be well :ninja:

Barry Bonds is so damn annoying...he's a very talented player, I give him that. But almost every at bat he swings for him self, i.e. home run. Sosa used to swing in the same way, and he started to shorten up his swing and he's hitting a lot better now.

Bonds = not on subject....Anyhoo...

The Lakers are going to kick a$$ next year. Phil Jackson is the best coach to bring those 4 players together and form chemistry. I just can't believe that Malone took an $18 million paycut in hopes to win a title. I think they will do it.

I remember ppl were upset when GLEN RICE went to the Lakers, ppl said it would be unfair (center, 3-point shooter, shooting gaurd l337ness) and they would simply stop watching games. Well, Glen Rice ended up sucking ass and didn't help TOO MUCH, prolly cause of his slowness due to his injury, and the Lakers won the championship. Now with these 4 l337 players, ppl should be bawling over because its like a friggin All-Star team in L.A.

not me thou, I'm excited to see how Phil is gunna take this, considering he has never had 4 guys with this much talent on a starting lineup.

At the time they signed him, Glen Rice was a better ball player than Payton or Malone is now.

At the time they signed him, Glen Rice was a better ball player than Payton or Malone is now.

Maybe in Heat / hornets fan's eyes... I didn't see it.

Well he was coming off an mvp like season (or was it the season previously before that, can't remember, hehe) but yeah that one year in the hornets he was simply on fire and rated better than malone and payton recently.

Its over anyone who thinks this team can be stopped had better lay off the paint fumes. Is it good for the NBA.....No. Will they win the title this year.........Without a doubt.

I think that the Laker's will be just fine even though they do have 4 stars. They'll find a way to get along and get that championship ring.

I call this Yankee-itus, one team with alot of money just buys all the talent and ends up making more money from tickets and what-nots, and then they use that money to buy the best next generation players ect ect, with no end in site. Oh well, good thing I don't like basketball

umm the lakers had the least amount of money out of every team in the NBA they are going to pay karl malone 1.5mil and gary payton 4.5 mil both players could of probably trippled their saleries if they went to any other teams.

does Tim Hardaway still play in the NBA and if so for which team????

I'm from the Uk, I just don't get to see basketball on TV anymore, I think mainly because it's probably on saturday mornings and i'll be in bed after a heavy Friday night playing CS til the early hours.

always thought Tim Hardaway was the don, can anyone gimme a heads up plz??? I'll just stay up all night and watch it in the morning before going to bed I think ;)

I think Tim Hardaway retired after playing half the season with the Indiana Pacers.

Pacers? :x

lol last i heard he was with the Miami Heat lol.

oh well, i loved that lil' guy

"I got skillz" lol

Glenn was a GREAT asset to them, most didn't realize it though. he would get on average 15 minutes of playing time per game (not much) and still get 12 or more ppg, and an average of 10 assists...VERY good for being injured and having such craappy time on the court. I think Rice and Fox were the best combo for three point shooting. When they were both on the court, they dominated...did phil ever realize that? no...so they weren't together often, but those 5 or so times, they dominated.

It's going to be the same thing as the New York Rangers with these new Lakers. You have to have role players on your team. Look at almost every great team. Hell, look at the Seattle Mariners. They don't have a huge superstar and they still are awesome.

I think once the season gets half way there everyone will be surprised.

is this the beginning of the lakers dynasty or lakers's ADD problem due to fact that it has too many all star players on a team.

hmm let's see what happens tho..im curious to see :)