ChaNinja Style Icons & DLL's Project

Looking great, and more compliments of that kind..

dude! it's really sweet :)

I have a request though, something I read in a previous post,

an icon set for widly used program's (or every program j00 like ^_^) and maybe some file-types (I'm hating the "word file-type")

I'm impressed and overwhelmed by your creations -respect-

MarcoAntonio, where did you get that wall? Anychance of a link as it seems to match pretty well :) ... Currently I'm stuck using an wall from themexp called Chaninja Dragon but the colour scheme is wrong, unless anyone whos good at photoshop can convert it to more of a 'SubZero' colour gradient.

Cheers for the link Marco ... Hmm just noticed I dont have the Nunchaks either in my explorer window, but I do in Control Panel ... strange.

BeLGaRaTh:

Cheers for the link Marco ... Hmm just noticed I dont have the Nunchaks either in my explorer window, but I do in Control Panel ... strange.

did you maybe change the default color wor window backgrounds?? That will keep them from showing up. If not what color sheme are you using and can you post a screen shot if so I can probably tell you the problem.

:)

BeLGaRaTh:

did you maybe change the default color wor window backgrounds?? That will keep them from showing up. If not what color sheme are you using and can you post a screen shot if so I can probably tell you the problem.

:)

I am using chaninja style with the SubZero colour scheme. Not too sure what you meant by changing default window backgrounds colour, so I assume I havent changed since I dont know what it is or how to do it :)

I have attached a pic of what Explorer shows and there is no nunchaks in the bottom right like there is in Control Panel etc.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Belgarth you should only get nunchucks in special folders like the search folder & picture/sound/movie folders. There is no way to make one appear in the standard folders. This is why you are not seeing one. Try going to you're My Pictures folder if you see one in it then all is working just fine.

Cheers Whack, I could have sworn I have seen some shellstyles put their 'mark' in explorer tho. I stand corrected :)

Is ther a way of moving all the icons from an older version shell32 to a newer one? I just downloadedd some windows updates and all of my icons are back to default. I want to move all the icons into this shell32. Is there a quick way of doing it? I don't want to do it all by hand with reshacker

Grab the files/dll's off the first page and just replace your shell32.dll etc?

How do i replace the shdocvw.dll and shell32.dll file? if I try to delete or over-write the file, even in safe mode, it is saying that the file is in use.

How do i replace the shdocvw.dll and shell32.dll file? if I try to delete or over-write the file, even in safe mode, it is saying that the file is in use.

Have a look at the third page in this thread, you can do it the hard way that I did it (safe mode/command prompt) or Chaninjas way which is much easier :)

You should use ResHacker, Flash. But instead of replace one by one, just export icons from the old shell32.dll into .res file and use that to replace the icon in new shell32.dll file (I think you must use ResHacker command line to do that)

I'm kind of worried I'd my mess something up if I change the .dll's... What's the easiest way to do it?

I have XP Pro SP1, legal.

And I enjoy the blue theme and icons.... But I can't wait to see the shadow icons, and shadow moving download avi's and such...

Erm ... GL_Randomhero the answer is two posts above yours ... i.e. the solution, way to do it is on the third page ...

i dont know which icons go with what in the shell, the only resources are the avi's i dont have numbered icons to replace in the shell :( as i dont know what goes where can sum1 maybe make a list of which icon goes with which number and in which dll/exe

Its quite easy if you use Chaninjas method as his changed avi's have a different kind of icon to the rest (Im talking about the restorator way of doing things) You need to have his pre-modded DLLs. His little tutorial video explains it all ...

Great set of icons. Lookig forward to the other color schemes too. A couple of things:

IconPackager is the best and easiest way to apply most of these icons. Use the IP set uploaded at wincustomize.

I can't see the AVIs no matter what I do. IE is using low-res animations for downloads, emptying the wastebasket shows the old AVI (can't remember if its low res). I checked the files and they are definitely the ones I hacked (they haven't been replaced by Windows). Is there something I'm missing like a reboot?

I would love to have explorer toolbar icons to go with the set - perhaps as a YzBar?

I would also like to have BMPs for the open/close dialog (comctrl32.dll).