ChaNinja Style Icons & DLL's Project

chaninja, dude.. ;) I've been a fan of your work for a while now, and you never cease to amaze me.

Damn this **** is looking 'mighty fine!

Keep up the good work!!

(ps. nice website travel thingy you got there cha ;)

to get the log off screen, u have to set up fast user switching which is in the control panel user accounts then set up how users log on and then tick the fast user switching! and enjoy!

Sorry guys, things aren't going exactly as planned ...again...

I managed to do the Login screen for the SubZero scheme though.

Download Logonui.exe (for Windows XP Professional *English* with SP1)

- This one should conveniently work in all resolutions.

- I used the logonui template released in the "Seventy7" port by Y/C (05/25/2002).

Hope you like it! Please post your comments and suggestions.

And thanks for the great comments and for helping out those who are having difficulties with the installation.

Gotta run!

post-36-1060548964.jpg

Sorry guys, things aren't going exactly as planned ...again...

I managed to do the Login screen for the SubZero scheme though.

LogonuiScreenshot.jpg

Download Logonui.exe (for Windows XP Professional *English* with SP1)

- This one should conveniently work in all resolutions.

- I used the logonui template released in the "Seventy7" port by Y/C (05/25/2002).

Hope you like it! Please post your comments and suggestions.

And thanks for the great comments and for helping out those who are having difficulties with the installation.

Gotta run!

Nice work yet again ChaNinja (Y) This project is shaping up to be really special.

Can I make a request though? I owuld like to have a decent wallpaper, something along the lines of the texture in the logon screen, possibly with the Ninja sword in the centre or something? I found a decent one at ThemeXP.org but the colour scheme is for chaninja blue, so looks a little odd, maybe it could be colourised or one of your own made?

Either way, great stuff so far, cant wait for this all to be finally finished up, and your time/effort is appreciated :)

I'll work on it Belgarath :) but in the meantime you can extract the "100.bmp" resource from the logonui.exe and use it as the textured background (1280x960) for your own shot at a wallpaper. I'm using the plain one atm. I take it you don't like the shuriken wallpaper too much ;)

Thanks Alpine!

I'll work on it Belgarath :) but in the meantime you can extract the "100.bmp" resource from the logonui.exe and use it as the textured background (1280x960) for your own shot at a wallpaper. I'm using the plain one atm. I take it you don't like the shuriken wallpaper too much ;)

Thanks Alpine!

Ummm ... Whats the shuriken wallpaper? I only have the files that have been made available in this thread so far. ie The SubZero icons, DLL Animation resources, dll samples, PNG of icons, cha-bot wallpaper (which I like, but the background is too bright, I prefer a dark background ala the link I pasted above), logonui, and RC5 Subzero Swordupdate. As well as the TSCC movie showing how to insert/replace the avi's in the DLLs.

Anyhoo, I will have a have a go at extracting the 100.bmp and use that :)

*edit*

Exctracted the bitmap, I like it, and I think I have found the wallpaper you mentioned with the shurikens, I found it in ChaNinja Style RC-3 (Upgrade).zip on ThemeXP, is that the one you meant, its called Wallpaper-7? If so it is good, but seems ot be a different colour scheme, sort of grey/purple rather than the blue of SubZero.

*edit*

Edited by BeLGaRaTh

Belgarath, take a look here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=82041

You'll find his latest VS RC-5 there and a lot of other things to go with it, such as wallpaper for every color scheme.

This thread has added Icons, DLLs, and an update to the subzero VS with a modified ninja sword on the start menu, which looks great.

BTW, cha, do you plan on updating the swords on the other color schemes, I think it looks a lot better.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for two posts in a row (i didnt see an edit option for my last post . . .)

one more question. i used chaninjas pre-modded dlls and got the animations working well. also, some of the icons changed (i got the new control panel icon, etc.). to apply the rest of the icons (drives, etc.), do i use the same restorator method described by ninja that i used for the animations, or is there another way? i tried changing the a: drive icon with this method and had no luck.

thanks in advance.

and of course, it goes without saying . . .this whole package is absolutely amazing.

thanks sir. everything is working beautifully now.

what icons does everyone use for the common apps . . .winamp, aim, etc? i know chaninja was going to work on some, but unless i overlooked it he never actually posted any.

hey guys ..i know you're probably tired of it but i can't get it to work-.. actually everything went fine.. when i click on the shell32.dll in restorator the icons are changed even in th folder options menu when i choose another symbol for the folder the icons showed in shell32.dll are chaninjas but still it displays the old XP ones.. i have XP german Pro w/o SP!

EDIT: Chaninja that some beautifuk work you've done is there ever gonna be icons for YIN???

Edited by jonex

i have XP german Pro w/o SP!

Aside from the obvious from the first post,

These are pre-modded "shell32.dll" and "shdocvw.dll" files from an installation of "Windows XP Professional (English) with SP1"

They include all the new animations and icons.

have you rebooted so the changes take effect?

yeah but the strange thing is it didn't not work at all the changes were made if you look at shell32.dll but they won't display... AND also strange for explorer.exe it worked

basically tthe icons in the startmenu are changed properly except my pictures and my Documents

anybody?

do i have to have SP! or dp i have to have english XP?

yeah but the strange thing is it didn't not work at all the changes were made if you look at shell32.dll but they won't display... AND also strange for explorer.exe it worked

basically tthe icons in the startmenu are changed properly except my pictures and my Documents

anybody?

do i have to have SP! or dp i have to have english XP?

have you rebooted so the changes take effect?

yes.

Does anyone have a mirror for the "Logoff", "Turn Off", etc resource files ? The link a couple pages back doesn't work anymore...

Thx!

:/

:yes: