[Official] Kinect - Over 4 million units sold!

The only thing she told me was it didn't track the knee kicks very well with the cardio game where you have to hit the boxes. Other than that, she loved it.

Make sure she doesn't have loose clothing on her legs because it can't really detect it well otherwise (which makes sense).

It's just resting on the top.

Could you get a closer picture of that? Maybe directly from the side, so I can see how much of an angle your TV has. I was thinking about picking up a shelf from Lowe's and installing right above the TV, because I'm way hesitant about resting it up that high.

@DL - Hope you can figure something out, it really is great. Kinect Sports is so much fun and works ya. Did do some Adventures, had some issues getting all the way right, but once we figured out how to manage it with the limited space, it went pretty flawless.

Also have no problem admitting, Your Shape is kicking my ass. Not as in good of shape as I imagined.

All I can say is nice clock awbrian, really stands out. Still have a long wait till the 18th in Australia sadly :( but good to see it hitting homes overseas.

Finally got my connected and calibrated last night, cool device with tons of potential. I'm glad it's selling well, this should drive more development. Kinect Adventures should be a nice diversion at parties and voice commands are pretty cool, will be cooler once they work in NetFlix.

<snip>

Thanks man. Though I couldn't use my kinect like that. Would be to scared of it falling. In the end grab an extra shelf that was laying around and put it up right above the TV and put Kinect there. Works great. Was going to take some pics, so everyone can see the room I have to play in, but camera batteries where dead. I'll do it later.

Anyone got anything on sales numbers for kinect yet?

No sales numbers yet, I'm sure at the least MS will say something after a month, or maybe once they hit 1million at least.

No sales numbers yet, I'm sure at the least MS will say something after a month, or maybe once they hit 1million at least.

they probably already did. but they won't get any real sales numbers outside of shipped until the end of the month or so anyway.

First blood for Kinect in motion sales war?

After less than a week on sale, US retailer GameStop has picked Kinect as the first round winner in the Great Motion Controller War of 2010.

When asked whether Microsoft's Kinect add-on or Sony's Move would come out on top this Christmas, senior VP of merchandising and marketing Bob McKenzie told Eurogamer, "I'd say right now Microsoft's Kinect is looking to be the winner of the two for us.

"We're very happy with the sell through over the weekend. It has met our expectations and actually exceeded our initial forecasts."

"I do have them both obviously and the Move sports bundle is a great option," he added, "but I knew for my family ? with an eight-year-old daughter and ten-year-old boy ? that Kinect was really going to be the thing that was more geared towards my household."

Microsoft recently up-scaled its sales expectations for Kinect from three million to five million by Christmas, citing exceptional demand for the hands-free controller.

Sony has a similar target for its Move peripheral but has had another month on sale. It's shifted around 2.5 million units worldwide so far.

Kinect went on sale in the US on 4th November, with a European release due this Wednesday.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-09-first-blood-for-kinect-in-sales-war

Played both Kinect & Move today for the first time at my mate's work, and Kinect wins hands down. It's so much fun, I could have stayed there all night just playing Dance Central.

Couldn't even get Move to calibrate the remote at all. Total fail. Kinect on the other hand, even in the tight space, worked perfectly. One nit pick I had was the length of time games took to load, but once they did it was smooth as. The calibration progressively got better as I played too. Also not surprisingly when someone walked & cut infront of the camera it lost sight of me. Not a problem for me personally when I buy it.

I wanted to buy a bundle on the spot I was so impressed, but I'm gonna pick it up with the 250GB console nearer Xmas.

Played both Kinect & Move today for the first time at my mate's work, and Kinect wins hands down. It's so much fun, I could have stayed there all night just playing Dance Central.

Couldn't even get Move to calibrate the remote at all. Total fail. Kinect on the other hand, even in the tight space, worked perfectly. One nit pick I had was the length of time games took to load, but once they did it was smooth as. The calibration progressively got better as I played too. Also not surprisingly when someone walked & cut infront of the camera it lost sight of me. Not a problem for me personally when I buy it.

I wanted to buy a bundle on the spot I was so impressed, but I'm gonna pick it up with the 250GB console nearer Xmas.

You touched on one of the complaints I have with Kinect Adventures....the beginning of the game (start up of the game) is slow to load with too many screens asking you for room size, etc.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-&-technology/xbox-kinect-targets-middle_aged-people-with-no-self_respect-201011123248/

"You're never too old to jump up and down in the middle of the living room, flailing your arms around as you pretend to be a baby tiger jumping through rainbows.

Just messing guys rofl.gif

You touched on one of the complaints I have with Kinect Adventures....the beginning of the game (start up of the game) is slow to load with too many screens asking you for room size, etc.

Yeah, especially as there's no way to get back the other game demos like dance central without exiting the whole game and starting again. None of the other Kinect titles seem to be like that....

When I first played Kinect Adventures and the dodgeball game, I flailed my arms trying to hit them. It doesn't work. You actually need to be accurate to do well. Sure you could flail and hit stuff, but if you are actually playing to do well then accuracy is key. Kinda like spray & pray idiots on FPS'.