[Official] Kinect - Over 4 million units sold!

2nd player is always a girl for Kimect Adventures

ya, I think the game is set like that by default regardless, nothing to do with kinect itself really.

Well whoever thought of that is an idiot, haha.

Started Kinect Sports earlier too but it's not very good, it just wasn't picking me up at all.

Well whoever thought of that is an idiot, haha.

Started Kinect Sports earlier too but it's not very good, it just wasn't picking me up at all.

KS is the best game of the bunch so far on my end.

To say I'm not impressed with the launch titles is an understatement, but I'm sure they'll pick up in quality.

There are few, and I mean very few cases of something new hardware wise releasing with a large list of great titles. It's often just 2 or 3 at best as far as I can remember. We'll see in a few months when newer games come out.

Mine really isn't getting much use at all atm :unsure:

Mine either, but only cause in one room I have no space, in the other room I have no audio set up for it :p

Come to think of it I still have an old x360 headset, I suppose I could use that.

There are few, and I mean very few cases of something new hardware wise releasing with a large list of great titles. It's often just 2 or 3 at best as far as I can remember. We'll see in a few months when newer games come out.

We'll see, but looking at the announced titles for next year...have a look here, there aren't very many promising ones. I can't imagine Star Wars is going to work very well, and I'm sure somebody has already covered it saying that it's pretty bad. Hopefully new titles will be announced next month, but right now it looks like another Wii.

We'll see, but looking at the announced titles for next year...have a look here, there aren't very many promising ones. I can't imagine Star Wars is going to work very well, and I'm sure somebody has already covered it saying that it's pretty bad. Hopefully new titles will be announced next month, but right now it looks like another Wii.

Luckily it's an accessory to an existing excellent console so when you're not playing Kinect titles you can play anything else.

Luckily it's an accessory to an existing excellent console so when you're not playing Kinect titles you can play anything else.

Err, yeah...something like that. I'm just playing Gran Turismo 5 instead. : p

I can't imagine Star Wars wouldn't work well. (Fortunately I don't care about Star Wars anything.) Child of Eden is the only one I'm interested in.

I agree, i can't wait for Child of Eden. Looks like Rez HD - Kinect Edition

Just got one yesterday as an Xmas gift and I'm loving. it. All i have right now is kinect adventures and im enjoying it. I'm probably going to pick up dance central and kinect sports soon.

Same here but I bought it yesterday as a gift to myself lol. I didn't think I would like Kinect Adventures but as soon as I started playing it I fell in love with it.

Just got one yesterday as an Xmas gift and I'm loving. it. All i have right now is kinect adventures and im enjoying it. I'm probably going to pick up dance central and kinect sports soon.

Same. It's really a hell of a lot of fun. I doubt I'll get Dance Central, but I plan on downloading the Kinect Sports demo and giving it a whirl to try out.

My only complaints so far:

- Having to wait a long time for the game to load, and for it to always ask me to set up my play space and determine the right "fit." There should be an option to turn that off, so you don't have to redo it every single time.

- I was hoping there'd be more voice integration, especially with Netflix. I also thought the video chat feature would be ready at launch.

Other than that, it's pretty awesome. There is a small amount of lag, but once you get used to it within the first 30 minutes or so it's no problem. I hope Microsoft does find a way to increase the resolution, too, as it could be a slight bit more accurate. Kinect Adventures is a decent little workout, too. I'm pretty sore after playing it for 2 hours straight, but I also ran six miles this morning, so it was a cumulative thing. But still, it's a decent workout.

Mine's collecting dust now...Not enough room to play it and there's only so long you can spend on Kinect Adventures, TBH. I've tried Kinect Sports but it just wasn't responsive for me at all. I guess I wasn't playing it right or something.

Mine's collecting dust now...Not enough room to play it and there's only so long you can spend on Kinect Adventures, TBH. I've tried Kinect Sports but it just wasn't responsive for me at all. I guess I wasn't playing it right or something.

I doubt you were playing it wrong but you will get a poor experience if you haven't got enough space. I think Kinect Sports requires slightly more side to side motion than most games.

If you haven't got enough space you shouldn't even bother really.

have been using it on daily basis since the launch day, my daughter and I, she is 3 1/2 years, play kinect adventure and sport, and man does she love it, have been using it for other game, your shape and it is really fun.

I got my Kinect (+ Sports, Dance Central and Adventures) this Christmas and all I can say is - wow! what a toy.

Both me and my girlfriend love it, it's really fun, really responsive and actually makes you move (good for me as I'm mostly stuck infront of the PC).

The only complaints like people have said are:

1. Kinect takes ages to start up when you first turn on your Xbox.

2. It's mildly irritating having to watch tutorials and calibration every time I go to a new event on Sports.

What I hope for the future is that with finger gestures support, you will be able to hover your hand over the field of your choice and grasp it, instead of waiting for a couple of seconds for it to determine that is the item you want.

I played Joy Ride on the Adventures demo, and that's a load of fun to.

Dance Central does what it's meant to do as guy, makes you feel like an ass :p. But it is really good at making you get it right if you are struggling.

Mine is pretty responsive, but I have had some issues. I'm right around 7-8 feet of space, so I didn't think I'd be having any issues. I'm going to try and rearranged the furniture in the room I'm in to see if I can make it more responsive. My main problem is Kinect rarely "recognizes" me for some reason. It's not a big issue since I automatically sign in, but it is annoying. No clue why -- possibly the lighting.

Can't see mine collecting dust, as Adventures is really fun and Sports looks like a lot of fun as well. I hope more games are announced soon though, and given the success, I can't see why there wouldn't be.

I'm switching to another room so I have all my gaming equipment in the same room, I have more space for it, and the midday lighting isn't the problem it is now. Right now every time I play on it it has to be evenings (if theres even room, since my bro sets out his tools in there occasionally.)

Prolly more exercise than anything else I do so it'll be a good thing to get taken care of.