[Official] Kinect - Over 4 million units sold!

Mine is pretty responsive, but I have had some issues. I'm right around 7-8 feet of space, so I didn't think I'd be having any issues. I'm going to try and rearranged the furniture in the room I'm in to see if I can make it more responsive. My main problem is Kinect rarely "recognizes" me for some reason. It's not a big issue since I automatically sign in, but it is annoying. No clue why -- possibly the lighting.

Can't see mine collecting dust, as Adventures is really fun and Sports looks like a lot of fun as well. I hope more games are announced soon though, and given the success, I can't see why there wouldn't be.

It might be the lighting since it just uses normal face recognition to sign you in etc. It's worth testing out though.

Kinect recognizes well, even with low lighting. If you're wearing glasses, that's a big problem. If you calibrate it to identify you with glasses off, it will recognize you every time after that with glasses on.

I don't wear glasses and the lighting is fine. It just doesn't recognize me for some reason. I can set up Kinect ID, turn my Xbox off, and it won't recognize me immediately after setting it up.

I look forward to laughing at all the nay-sayers next year...

I don't, actually. It's still quite likely that they'll be laughing at us.

Sure, it's great, but there's not a lot other than fitness games, which is what the Wii is full of. And I know I don't want another smaller, black Wii with 2 cameras and an infrared sensor sitting under my telly.

I don't, actually. It's still quite likely that they'll be laughing at us.

Sure, it's great, but there's not a lot other than fitness games, which is what the Wii is full of. And I know I don't want another smaller, black Wii with 2 cameras and an infrared sensor sitting under my telly.

I very highly doubt it. The sales of Kinect have essentially demanded that publishers/developers at the very least consider it. My brother works at Best Buy and he said the crazy for Kinect easily surpasses what they saw for the Wii. I know that's anecdotal evidence, but as soon as they get stock they almost instantly sell out. I would imagine that it's at least a similar situation (not many being available) in other stores.

Yes, the launch lineup is weak at the moment -- but is that not the exact same situation every console has when it has a launch? The Move and Kinect are practically like new consoles launching. Just given the reaction from consumers -- as well as what developers have said -- I find it very unlikely it's going to fail.

I very highly doubt it. The sales of Kinect have essentially demanded that publishers/developers at the very least consider it. My brother works at Best Buy and he said the crazy for Kinect easily surpasses what they saw for the Wii. I know that's anecdotal evidence, but as soon as they get stock they almost instantly sell out. I would imagine that it's at least a similar situation (not many being available) in other stores.

Yes, the launch lineup is weak at the moment -- but is that not the exact same situation every console has when it has a launch? The Move and Kinect are practically like new consoles launching. Just given the reaction from consumers -- as well as what developers have said -- I find it very unlikely it's going to fail.

It wouldn't be surprising for them to cash in from the initial sales and just leave it.

Move has at least had some good games announced for it and already has some pretty decent titles. I just want to be able to use my Kinect again with a non-fitness game.

It wouldn't be surprising for them to cash in from the initial sales and just leave it.

Move has at least had some good games announced for it and already has some pretty decent titles. I just want to be able to use my Kinect again with a non-fitness game.

Initial sales don't mean anything at all. That's not a "cash in", that's a waste of R&D dollars. I would be absolutely dumbfounded if Kinect didn't get massive support within a year. Almost every major Microsoft developer has even said they look forward to developing for it -- Valve, Epic, Id (John Carmack specifically), etc.

I got an Xbox as one of my Xmas presents. Not set it up yet but Kinect is something that interests me, but only when decent games have been released. Everything I've seen so far does the same as the missus' Wii, and I hate that thing with a passion laugh.gif

Other that patches for existing games and optional controls for future core games (KZ3 for example), Move doesn't have any decent "Move" titles (announced or current). Sorcery is the only somewhat decent one.

Mine is pretty responsive, but I have had some issues. I'm right around 7-8 feet of space, so I didn't think I'd be having any issues. I'm going to try and rearranged the furniture in the room I'm in to see if I can make it more responsive. My main problem is Kinect rarely "recognizes" me for some reason. It's not a big issue since I automatically sign in, but it is annoying. No clue why -- possibly the lighting. Can't see mine collecting dust, as Adventures is really fun and Sports looks like a lot of fun as well. I hope more games are announced soon though, and given the success, I can't see why there wouldn't be.

Yeah, mine is extremely responsive. Kinect Sports is definitely aces and recognition is instant. However, the only game that we have that IMO sucks is JoyRide. Great for LITTLE kids, but not peeps my age.

Other that patches for existing games and optional controls for future core games (KZ3 for example), Move doesn't have any decent "Move" titles (announced or current). Sorcery is the only somewhat decent one.

Yeah, mine is extremely responsive. Kinect Sports is definitely aces and recognition is instant. However, the only game that we have that IMO sucks is JoyRide. Great for LITTLE kids, but not peeps my age.

I'm still mad Joy Ride wasn't released for free as it was originally planned. Mine certainly isn't "extremely" responsive, but it's definitely responsive enough once you get used to it. I've had a few problems with going out of the range of the sensor in Adventures (crouching on the cart ride game; I wasn't crouching enough, then when I crouched enough the sensor lost sight of me... what? haha).

A quick google suggests there are plenty of games available..

Out now:

* Auditorium

* Beat Sketcher

* Brunswick Pro Bowling

* Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

* Create

* Dance Dance Revolution

* EyePet

* The Fight: Lights Out

* Funky Lab Rat

* Get Fit With Mel B

* Heavy Rain (via PSN software update)

* High Velocity Bowling (via PSN software update)

* Hustle Kings (via PSN software update)

* John Daly's ProStroke Golf

* Kung Fu Rider

* MAG (via PSN software update)

* NBA 2K11

* Planet Minigolf (via PSN software update)

* Racquet Sports

* Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010

* Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (via PSN software update)

* R.U.S.E.

* Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

* Singstar Dance

* The Sly Collection

* Sports Champions

* Start the Party

* Swords & Soldiers (via PSN software update)

* The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

* The Shoot

* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (via PSN software update)

* Time Crisis: Razing Storm

* Toy Story 3: The Video Game (side modes via PSN software update)

* TRON: Evolution

* Tumble

* TV Superstars

Coming soon:

* echochrome II

* Dead Space Extraction

* de Blob 2

* Dungeon Defenders

* Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

* PlayStation Move Heroes

* Killzone 3

* LittleBigPlanet 2

* Michael Jackson: The Experience

* Modern Combat: Domination

* No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise

* SOCOM 4

* Sorcery

* Top Darts

* Under Siege

* Virtua Tennis 4

* Yoostar 2

* Zumba Fitness

Not interested in Move as I don't have a PS3, but I do think that because it has buttons, it has far more scope for 'core' games.

Just my two pennies worth.

But core games don't sell motion controls. Just ask nintendo. They focused 2010 on releasing core games and wii sales went down.

That's because the majority of core gamers play on the PS3 and 360.

A quick google suggests there are plenty of games available..

Not interested in Move as I don't have a PS3, but I do think that because it has buttons, it has far more scope for 'core' games.

Just my two pennies worth.

I think he was more saying that Move doesn't have any Move-specific games. Just games with Move tacked-on. I think Sony needs to start developing more games exclusively for Move or what's the point in even having it at all?

I think he was more saying that Move doesn't have any Move-specific games. Just games with Move tacked-on. I think Sony needs to start developing more games exclusively for Move or what's the point in even having it at all?

It has buttons so it fits well into typical mainstream games?

Exactly. Thank you.

Exactly. Thank you.

Sorry, misread you. Still, the games work and the fact that Move has buttons will assist them in being able to fit them into current 'core' games.

I really do want Kinect to do well with developers and they create 'core' games that we gamers will enjoy rather than the shovelware nonsense that they are hitting the 360 with right now! After getting a 360 for Xmas, the last thing I want to see is it fail!!! mad.gif

But i think core gamers don't want motion controls

fixed for you. I fall in the category of "hardcore" gamer, I love playing online and killing **** and HATE the wii but i absolutely LOVE playing on my kinect. I dislocated my knee the other day playing Biggest Loser but as soon as i can stand on that leg again ill be right back on it and playing my ass off.

fixed for you. I fall in the category of "hardcore" gamer, I love playing online and killing **** and HATE the wii but i absolutely LOVE playing on my kinect. I dislocated my knee the other day playing Biggest Loser but as soon as i can stand on that leg again ill be right back on it and playing my ass off.

It's this type of comment that makes me want Kinect, badly and I don't mean so I can bust my knee! laugh.gifblink.gif

It's not what I think. If you look at my signature, you can see that I play Kinect just as much as I play Mass Effect 2, GT5, and Bad Company 2. I love playing the Kinect, and enjoy drunken dance battles with my girlfriend and friends.

But the whole business case of developing, selling, and marketing motion controls isn't to appeal to hardcore gamers. Microsoft and Sony already have those people. The whole point of them is to maximize the consumer base. To appeal to people who don't play video games. That's why I personally consider Wii Sports one of the most important games of the past 10 years. Because Nintendo was able to do what no other video game company before...which is allow people to play video games regardless of age or gender.

One reason why I think the Kinect is getting better received than Move is because it adds even another layer of accessibility. For example, when I walk into a best buy and see the demo areas for Move and Kinect, I usually see more people gravitating to Kinect, not because it's "newer" technology, but because it's more accessible. When I do see people attempt to play the Move with a ping pong game, I still see frustration occurring with the technology. And this is ping pong I'm talking about. PING PONG! As far as Kinect, all a person has to do is jump in and move around, thus removing any barrier of technical intimidation.

But jumping and moving is about as much as Kinect does right now, isn't it? (I do hope that changes). Move, in my opinion, is far more accessible and I have no idea what frustration you are referring too? Here in the UK I've seen more people getting annoyed with Kinect and the lag it appears to have in stores.

I nearly bought a PS3 for Move. The missus and the young ones in the family still want it. Even my nephews/nieces have said they would prefer Move as Kinect gets boring laugh.gif

I just want Steel Battalion type games for the Xbox ands Kinect. Selfish reasons for wanting Kinect and not Move

I got pretty annoyed with a demo of kinect I saw in a CEX store, they had it set up with that game where you hit the ball at the bricks and it REALLY struggled to even detect me.

Then again it was placed in the shop window and so had a pane of glass between myself and the camera blink.gif

If that causes issues like that, what the hell were CEX thinking?!