[WC2010] Semifinals: Germany vs Spain (Match 62)

69 members have voted

1. 1. Germany or Spain?

2. 2. How many goals will Germany score?

3. 3. How many goals will Spain score?

I want Spain to win, mainly so I don't have to put up with Mephistopheles's gloating about Germany winning :p

But I do feel the Germans will win this, Spain seem to be a one man team at the moment (villa) so if Germany can isolate him then I don't see Spain being a threat. Torres is awful

You're still bitter because England failed badly, aren't you? :p

I want Germany to win coz no one deserves it more than them atm.. they beat really big teams convincingly.. and I hate the Spanish dive masters and Barca s**m..

First goal will be crucial as in all cup tournaments.. If Germany scores that then I can see Spain falling apart and Germany having a party.. if Spain gets the first one then Germany are still in it as Spanish defence lacks pace.. Spain can frustrate them with their possession and Villa will be a threat but I can see Germany's height advantage counting and if they can mark Higuain, Tevez and Messi then one Villa hopefully wont be a problem..

In Euro when Spain were playing attractive football under Aragones they beat Germany 1-0 and now when they are not as gung-ho I really see Germany has a great chance..

I'm hoping for Spain, but I don't have a good feeling about it. They should start with Fabregas. Torres is seriously out of sorts right now.

that octupus.. predicted germany to win the euro. that was the only time it was wrong. :p

Germany really deserves it this time. Seriously. Not only because I am german. They just played so well...

that octupus.. predicted germany to win the euro. that was the only time it was wrong. :p

Germany really deserves it this time. Seriously. Not only because I am german. They just played so well...

As much as I have supported Germany as far as I can remember on the international level. I have to say, if Netherlands won the cup...I wouldn't be too disappointed either, they deserve it too.

News is things are a little tense in the German camp after a recent Lahm interview in which he said he will not give up captaincy willingly after Ballack is fit and that the coach will have to ask him to do that.. old guard is not happy with these comments.. Ballack refused to answer the question about this statement saying only that the German team is doing well and he wants them to win..

Lahm told the Bild newspaper he wants to retain the armband even when regular skipper Michael Ballack returns from injury after the tournament, causing an unnecessary distraction in the German camp less than 48 hours ahead of their crucial match in Durban.

Ballack left the camp shortly after the comments were made, creating the impression of a rift, but Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff has insisted Ballack always intended to visit the team during the quarter-finals and simply departed as scheduled. Bierhoff said: "There is no dissent whatsoever, not even a hint of conflict."

Germany coach Low concurred, saying of Lahm's comments: "That does not bother us at all. He spoke honestly about what he thinks. He has been enjoying the added responsibility and he has done his job here in an exemplary fashion. Philipp said he would like to continue but he also said he knows it is up to the coach to decide after the World Cup.''

They will be stupid to worry abt these comments now.. lets concentrate on the WC guys.. everything else will be settled after the tournament...

As much as I have supported Germany as far as I can remember on the international level. I have to say, if Netherlands won the cup...I wouldn't be too disappointed either, they deserve it too.

Agree.. I just want to see Germany in the final with them.. no matter who wins then.. I like both the teams equally.. Germany IMO do deserve it more coz if they get to final it will mean they got through England, Argentina and then Spain..

Don't be such an Arsenal fan, the team that deserve the win is the team that does win!

I am a Gooner and I'm proud of it.. and the second point is debatable.. hoping to see Germany crush Spain devil.gif

Spain won't start Fabregas.. they are afraid if he scores some goals that will justify the pricetag Arsenal has set for him..

Anyways.. Go Germany.. I think Germany should try to win as many setplays as possible.. their height and jumping can kill Spain..

Come on Germany! When it comes to quality football played, I think the Germans are the most deserving nation to win IMO.

EDIT: Hey, fancy post thingy for my birthday! :D

Come on Germany! When it comes to quality football played, I think the Germans are the most deserving nation to win IMO.

EDIT: Hey, fancy post thingy for my birthday! :D

I agree.. been sayin that all along..

Happy B'day mate!! :happy:

Before yesterday's semi-final, I suspected a Netherlands vs Germany World Cup and wish I would've posted it sooner. Go Germany!

I agree.. been sayin that all along..

Happy B'day mate!! :happy:

Thanks mate! :)

I do want Germany to win, but I've drawn Netherlands in my local sweepstakes! :p

WTF was the spectator doing on the pitch?

Also, happy birthday, Zoom7000.

WTF was the spectator doing on the pitch?

Also, happy birthday, Zoom7000.

Thanks Mephistopheles :)

I remember FIFA saying that if someone threw a vuvuzela on to the pitch that FIFA would ban them, technically this one didn't land, but... :p

Germany looking a bit weary without Muller up far right, Spain have started the more promisingly.

It's still early and all, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this match..

It's still early and all, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this match..

you should... :shiftyninja:

edit: happy bday zoom! you're british, why aren't you hammered? don't you guys over there wake up with a beer in your hand ;)

Edited by rajputwarrior

Yeah.. seems like they are too nervy.. need a goal to settle the lads down..