[WC2010] Semifinals: Germany vs Spain (Match 62)

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Elliott

¡VIVA ESPAÑA!

hey remember how germans haven't had ot play a team that has defense? now we are seeing what happens when they play a complete team.

This. Germany hadn't played a defense until today. They didn't fare too well when they finally got some opposition.

qdave

:( Go Netherlands!

I hate Spain with a passion now.

Same! Very boring and uncreative game by both teams....

lamminium

Spain suddenly got way better. I LOVE their passes. One of the finest.

kaffra

somebody needs to save paul the octopus, he isnt safe anymore :p

what

Spain suddenly got way better. I LOVE their passes. One of the finest.

Their passing never got them anywhere though. If it wasn't for that corner we would be sitting half way through extra time right about now.

helios01

Spain dominated most of the game. Good win for Spain.

lamminium

Their passing never got them anywhere though. If it wasn't for that corner we would be sitting half way through extra time right about now.

I was commenting on its beauty per se. :p

True that if they didn't score, those passes would be quite useless. lol

Beastage

Only because the germans know how to defend.

Valerus

Not a good game really. Germany didn't show...much at all. And stupid octopus!

SkyDX

Spain won fair, I have to give them that. There's only one negative thing I want to throw at Germany:

don't give a damn who your enemy is and don't show them any respect, just play the game^^

This they didn't do today, they almost seemed in fear before spain

Lechio

Spain dominated the game and won as expected. Should be a very interesting game against The Netherlands.

red.

Only because the germans know how to defend.

Agreed. But isn't that why some people are dismissing Germany? Because they'd played well when they haven't faced good defences. It's not like Spain repeatedly cut open the Germany defence.

M.F.D.K

Zi Germans are so unpredictable, i mean they looked just as bad as England..wtf happen to them. :huh:

Well Done to Spain.

Singh400

I'm totally gutted for Germany, and that ruddy octopus! :(

I so wanted Spain to lose, they have been so arrogant in this World Cup :angry:

TokyoKiller

I thought the game was good overall, it was fair game for Spain and they deserve it.

Lee G.

The Spanish team was better today. No doubt about it.

I agree. Spain played well and deserved to win. I'm sorry that Germany has gone out though. I thought and hoped they'd be in the final.

The octopus was right.

DerAusgewanderte

I am disappointed that the Germans were not able to shake off their Angst. You could tell right from the start that they played too much with their conscience and that they were afraid to go into attack mode. They played the typical German soccer all of a sudden. Very frustrating. But I forgive them. They played terrific games and beat England and Argentina in a manner that I've not seen in a German team since the 70s. I hope they are free spirited again on Sat and show what they can do. I wish Spain good luck winning the WC.

btw. bloody octopus. It was incorrect 2 yrs ago Ger vs Spain, why couldn't it have been incorrect again? Moody beast ;)

BoredBozirini

I am disappointed that the Germans were not able to shake off their Angst. You could tell right from the start that they played too much with their conscience and that they were afraid to go into attack mode. They played the typical German soccer all of a sudden. Very frustrating. But I forgive them. They played terrific games and beat England and Argentina in a manner that I've not seen in a German team since the 70s. I hope they are free spirited again on Sat and show what they can do. I wish Spain good luck winning the WC.

btw. bloody octopus. It was incorrect 2 yrs ago Ger vs Spain, why couldn't it have been incorrect again? Moody beast ;)

The octopus learned from its mistake.

That said, **** Spain.

Grex

Really wanted to see this game but couldn't get in front of a TV. Did not expect that score voted for the Germans.

Anyway good luck Spain.

Subject Delta

The Germans looked ill at ease trying to play defensively, however once they came up against a team that can actually defend properly, they suddenly looked vulnerable again. However, if Spain are to overcome the dutch in the final, they will need to stop trying to play over elaborately, and focus on adding an extra touch of quality to their final third play.

Knife Party

still think Muller being off hurt the German counter attack, previous games he was glued to the ball

Matrix XII

Good job to Spain they deserved that win.

Now for the finals it's going to be epic, I'm going to be cheering for Netherlands because I've been cheering for them and England (when they were still alive) for the whole tournament. :)

Remysaus
3b4ee816f75fd879d30ce7f04e1f80c0o.gif
red.

^ :no: