Teenager shot dead for blowing vuvuzela

A teenage football fan has been shot dead after irratating his neighbour by playing a vuvuzela.

Asanda Cele was blasted twice in the head and once in the arm, according to police.

The 14-year-old was found in the man's back garden and rushed to hospital but died of his injuries.

His father, Sandile Cele, claims Asanda was returning to his home near Durban, when he was shot by a local resident who was known to dislike the horns which have become a major factor in this summer?s World Cup.

The boy had been watching the national team Bafana Bafana?s 2-1 defeat of France two weeks ago when he was killed.

Mr Cele said: ?My son loved soccer and his teams were Manchester United and Bafana Bafana.

'He would always be blowing his vuvuzela, whether his team won or lost.

?My neighbour recently moved into the neighbourhood, he didn?t like vuvuzelas and the noise they made. I think that?s the reason he killed my son.?

Mr Cele said his wife, Nontobeko, a nurse, collapsed after hearing of her son?s death.

Police spokesman Captain Thulani Zwane of KwaZulu Natal police said the suspect was arrested the same day and charged with murder.

He was later released on bail and is expected to re-appear before magistrates next month.

He said: ?The man thought the victim was a robber and shot at him. He was arrested on the same day and has been charged with murder.?

However Mr Cele disputed the claim. He added: ?It was not that dark and my son was not covering his face so my neighbour could clearly see who he was firing at.

?If he thought my son was a criminal he should have fired a warning shot, not shot him three times.?

Two weeks ago a Zimbabwean man in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, lost an eye in a fight with three men over a vuvuzela after they claimed the horn belonged to their friend. I

n the same week South African Yvonne Mayer from Cape Town ruptured her throat in a vuvuzela-blowing competition although doctors said she would not suffer any permanent damage.

The vuvuzelas are a major part of domestic football but have annoyed television fans around the world with their constant loud noise inside stadiums which have been compared to a swarm of bees or rampaging elephants.

Scientists claim they can damage hearing with noise up to 140 decibels prompting some entrepreneurs to sell earplugs at World Cup venues.

Source

The 14-year-old was found in the man's back garden and rushed to hospital but died of his injuries.

He said: ?The man thought the victim was a robber and shot at him. He was arrested on the same day and has been charged with murder.?

:rolleyes:

I would not have shot him. I'd have shoved that vuvuzela up his ass and let him internally bleed to death.

You're such a man.

(the type of men who like sticking things in boys' asses)

I would not have shot him. I'd have shoved that vuvuzela up his ass and let him internally bleed to death.

:blink: That's... far, even if it's a joke...

I was going to say that, but the kid was 14...

:huh: A possibly innocent person was killed; it shouldn't matter what age they were, how is it ever good if an innocent person is killed?

Geebus! its only a stupid horn.

Sure smack him round the head with the thing so he stops being a little ****, but killing was not needed.

But then... kinda expected of these places

The story might be making too much of a big deal about the horn. It's obviously irritating, but the kid was in the guy's back yard... definitely makes a case for the self-defense thing, especially if he was very close to the house.

Wow, you're cool!

Death is not the correct punishment for annoying someone with a Vuvuzela.

Some people just can't control themselves, particularly if they're able to own a firearm.. seems like they'll shoot it given half the chance.

I would of just confiscated the horn off him. Not kill the kid for it.

Although you gotta admit, it is completely 100% understandable why he did it, those things are bloody annoying.

Be careful Mr. Norris.

The story might be making too much of a big deal about the horn. It's obviously irritating, but the kid was in the guy's back yard... definitely makes a case for the self-defense thing, especially if he was very close to the house.

lol I assume there won't be big fences etc. there but anyway if that was the case then the mailman's job would be the world's most dangerous.

Death is not the correct punishment for annoying someone with a Vuvuzela.

Some people just can't control themselves, particularly if they're able to own a firearm.. seems like they'll shoot it given half the chance.

+1. Maybe they should try playing more video games, or less, depends on the patient.

I would of just confiscated the horn off him. Not kill the kid for it.

Although you gotta admit, it is completely 100% understandable why he did it, those things are bloody annoying.

I am annoyed by the neighbor's baby, by the dogs (sometimes they have a concert..) and by many things I won't start shooting people (or dogs for that matter). Plus from what I understand it's something that everyone is doing there so it's not like the kid was misbehaving badly or anything.

[...]

I don't know whether you're joking or not :) But no, it isn't understandable. They are incredibly annoying, but nobody deserves to die for blowing one; thus, 'understandable' is not a good word to use here - it's completely the opposite of understandable.

It's understandable that he finds the horns annoying, but not understandable that he killed the kid for it (if indeed that's why he killed him).

This is very sad :( Someone should put that man for 20 years in prison with daily 4hr vuvuzela sessions :p Hopefully that will cure his madness.

Wow...how can we ever expect peace and compassion to be dominant throughout our society if we read stories like this? C'mon, shooting someone for a blown vuvuzela? Seriously??

Whats your obsession with shoving things up boys' asses?

Definition of Pedobear.

A man can only take so much Vuvuzela. Sounds like the kid was using it excessively ("'He would always be blowing his vuvuzela, whether his team won or lost"). The man just snapped.

TMRvl.png

Only in Africa.

Epic lol now some of this hate can be diverted from America :p ...on that note... Ban Guns in Africa NOW!