Teenager shot dead for blowing vuvuzela

is anyone suprised by this, these things created an explosive situation, and its not even an instrument it sounds hideous

Please tell me you're not being serious? Yes, I am surprised. Nobody deserves to die for blowing a vuvuzela.

:huh: A possibly innocent person was killed; it shouldn't matter what age they were, how is it ever good if an innocent person is killed?

I didn't mean it in the context your putting it in.

I didn't mean it in the context your putting it in.

To me, that seems like the only context that could be used in. What context did you mean?

To me, that seems like the only context that could be used in. What context did you mean?

because when I first saw the title I figured that it was going to be some idiot that got himself shot while blowing on a vuvuzela.

since it was a 14 year old kid clearly he was just being annoying playing a vuvuzela and was killed "accidentally" .

is anyone suprised by this, these things created an explosive situation, and its not even an instrument it sounds hideous

It is a real instrument insofar as it can play different notes:

But nowadays more people own the instrument and just blow, rather than trying to get a tune from it.

I find them annoying as hell when watching the football, but I wouldn't kill someone for blowing it. If they did it right next to me I'd either slap them or break the instrument.

because when I first saw the title I figured that it was going to be some idiot that got himself shot while blowing on a vuvuzela.

since it was a 14 year old kid clearly he was just being annoying playing a vuvuzela and was killed "accidentally" .

I'm a bit confused about the difference? If some idiot got himself shot while blowing a vuvzela, wouldn't the only reason for this be that somebody was annoyed by the blowing of the vuvuzela and unlawfully shot him?

'He would always be blowing his vuvuzela, whether his team won or lost.

So he was an annoying little **** with no possibility of contributing positively to society.

Doing it on someone else's property is probably the worst bit.

vuvuzela kinda sucks now that the world cup is nearly over.

but it's always been my favourite thing of the world cup

So he was an annoying little **** with no possibility of contributing positively to society.

That doesn't justify killing him. Some may have found him annoying, but maybe he enjoyed doing that and was happy doing that? One shouldn't be killed just because some people find one annoying.

the kid was in the guy's back yard... definitely makes a case for the self-defense thing, especially if he was very close to the house.

he was playing a vuvuzela. how many intruders serenade you?

right because even the worst of offenders haven't been rehabilitated, becoming great contributors have they? you ignorant waste of space. a 14 year old boy has been shot and is being mourned by his family and you say this?

Let's honor the kid by putting a world wide ban on vuvuzelas forever.

I second this......Traditional instrument my ass! Couldn't Africa come up with something less annoying?? Traditions are supposed to bring people from other cultures insight and culture but in this case everybody hates it! I just hate how they keep defending this so called "tradition". I mean other cultures have dances or decorations or town gatherings where they share food and exchange words of wisdom, those are traditions, not some obnoxiously loud horn made of cheap plastic. I gotta say, it's not helping Africa's image one bit. People will still think about poverty and now this annoying horn when they think of Africa.

And when it comes to this kid, he did NOT deserve to die over this.....this is just a tragic incident :(

the kid was in the guy's back yard... definitely makes a case for the self-defense thing, especially if he was very close to the house.

Self-defense dictates that a person has to directly put one in danger, to the point one has to use any means necessary to defend oneself. Standing in somebody's backyard, blowing a vuvuzela does not put that person in danger. It may cause that person to become fearful, but if that person hit or killed the person using the instrument, he would not be using self-defense because the person using the instrument has not done anything to require self-defensible actions at that point.

Self-defense dictates that a person has to directly put one in danger, to the point one has to use any means necessary to defend oneself. Standing in somebody's backyard, blowing a vuvuzela does not put that person in danger.

I know. In fact i never disagreed with that statement. :huh:

I know. In fact i never disagreed with that statement. :huh:

At the time I quoted you, there were no quote tags in your post - that statement looked like part of your post, which is also why it appeared in my post when I quoted you. I have since edited that :)

Self-defense dictates that a person has to directly put one in danger, to the point one has to use any means necessary to defend oneself. Standing in somebody's backyard, blowing a vuvuzela does not put that person in danger. It may cause that person to become fearful, but if that person hit or killed the person using the instrument, he would not be using self-defense because the person using the instrument has not done anything to require self-defensible actions at that point.

Okay kill, absolutely not but hurt, I am not so sure about that. If someone was on your property looking agitated, wouldn't you think that he's about to do something bad to you? So are we supposed to follow the law and wait until the guy either pulls out a gun or actually starts attacking you before you can LEGALLY restrain him? I am sorry but laws only apply to the situations like 50% of the time. Most of the time it is only legal to do something when it is too late. If you were to restrain him before he had a chance to hurt you, chances are that both of you would go home unharmed. If you waited until he attacked you then you'd panic and either shoot him or hurt him badly in which case both of you would be harmed. So acting before the situation has a chance to get out of control could end up in the most positive outcome. But doing this means what you did was illegal. This is why the law is more of a guideline than anything else.

If it was me and someone was on my property who has no business being there in the first place looking like he might be dangerous or if a gang was on my property, I would immediately fear for my safety. I would NEVER use fatal force but just enough to prevent him attacking me. Yes there is that 1% chance he's just there to annoy me rather than hurt me but believe you me when I say that I don't take chances like this. The law can kiss the hairiest part of my arse!

Okay kill, absolutely not but hurt, I am not so sure about that. If someone was on your property looking agitated, wouldn't you think that he's about to do something bad to you? So are we supposed to follow the law and wait until the guy either pulls out a gun or actually starts attacking you before you can LEGALLY restrain him?

14 year old boy. Vuvuzela. 'Nuff said.

ok i just got really confused, i didn't want people to think i was that ignorant :no:

sorry about the mix-up :D

No worries :D

I agree. Looking at the circumstances, it would be much more appropriate to talk to him first and politely ask what he is doing there/if he wouldn't mind leaving.

Yeah if it's a kid blowing a vuvuzela I would take my garden hose and hose him down but to take out a gun and shoot is just wrong.....I grew up in a family with morals and values so this is just baffling how you could kill someone over an annoyance.

Holy cow!!

Actually a few people here so rude and inconsiderate as to be glad some one got killed?!!

That just isn't right, no matter the age or what that person was doing.

I can't freaking believe that! No wonder the world is so f***ed up!!

Holy cow!!

Actually a few people here so rude and inconsiderate as to be glad some one got killed?!!

That just isn't right, no matter the age or what that person was doing.

I can't freaking believe that! No wonder the world is so f***ed up!!

There's too much hate in the world......If you are so angry that you need to shoot somebody over a silly horn or ask for death penalty over satire (Muhammad Facebook group) then clearly something is very wrong with the world....