Firefox 4 Beta 1 released!

I got one of the nightlies in 64-bit for windows (minefield). Now when I want to get the actual b1, I can't find any win64 folder in the FTP. But 64-bit support is there for linux and mac. WHy is this?

patience, it will probably be up within 24hrs.

I really like the way Mozilla have improve FF with 4.0. Looks to be a nice browser. But for me it is not really a fresh look or anything special. At first install I can't shake the resemblance of Opera 10.5+. Is it a good thing? Sure I like the design, but I makes FF feel like nothing special. Will test the beta more extensively later this week.

quicktime plugin doesn't work :( Quite a few sites still use quicktime to stream podcasts and small number use it for video:( Silverlight 4 and flash 10.1 seem to work fine though :)

just installed, nice to adblock working! Would be nice to see the address bar and search bar to all in one, thats one thing i love about chrome!!

flash is causing crashes so no point in using this beta yet as flash is not stable enough.

412198716.png

Two questions:

1) How do you turn off add-on compatibility check in this version?

about:config > extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b > false

and

about:config > extensios.checkUpdateSecurity > false

HD Video: Watch hardware-accelerated, super-smooth, HD-quality HTML5 video on YouTube using the new WebM format.

I think Mozilla wants me to switch browsers. That statement is BS.

HD-esque Video: Watch software-accelerated 720p ok quality HTML5 video on YouTube using the new WebM format.

Fixed.

Guys, how can I put the tabs along the top next to the new orange menu button? Basically I want the layout just like Opera 10.60.

Probably a dumb question, but can I install this along side of Firefox 3.6.7? So I can tryout 4.0 beta 1 without it screwing up my settings. I would assume that it does install in its own directory, right?

Anyone else getting the problem of having to click twice in the reply to post box before it will let you type ?

Ive been halfway through loads of sentences before I realize its not typing

it seems to be like that on any browser

I didnt have the problem in 3.6.6 - unless something on the board has recently changed ?

Anyone else getting the problem of having to click twice in the reply to post box before it will let you type ?

Ive been halfway through loads of sentences before I realize its not typing

Nope, using it now and don't have that problem

I didnt have the problem in 3.6.6 - unless something on the board has recently changed ?

i'm on chrome and have always seemed to have that problem, both on this forum and on the hotfix