[WC2010] Final: Netherlands vs. Spain (Game 64)

Who will win the Final?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. The Netherlands or Spain?

2. 2. How many goals will The Netherlands score?

3. 3. How many goals will Spain score?

Wow! This was one of the most worst refereed games ever. I really really dislike the fact that technology is not being used in these games. People keep falling down for no reason. And some times people fall with reason. How is the referee supposed to see all of this? Also the referees on the outside don't really stand in line to see whether there is an offside or not. How are these referees accountable for what they do?

Sure technology would add a little bit of time to the games, but is it worse than getting dirty refereeing than neutral refereeing?

The yellow cards given in this one game were extremely outrageous, especially the ones against Netherlands. So many decisions went against them: corners, penalties, fouls. I am not saying there weren't decisions that went against Spain; they were just far too less than ones that went against Netherlands.

It's as if the winning team plays with 11 players + referees all the time in these soccer matches.

Such a huge disgrace this World Cup was just like every other world cup before this.

Anyway, congratulations Spain! :)

Spain deserved that, Netherlands were little bitches.

Fixed it for you.

The yellow cards given in this one game were extremely outrageous, especially the ones against Netherlands.

Rubbish the ref was extremly lenient with Netherlands.

After Refereeing decisions like those, game technology is unavoidable. Good game towards the end, would have liked the Dutch to win but they were the worse team. Shame. Well done Spain!

Spain won! they deserve it, end of story.

Shame tho, many teams with great players are so afraid of the Spanish game play they resort to bullying and defensive game, there is no shame losing while trying but the way The Netherlands played and lost was just shameful.

I wasn't impressed with The Netherlands in this tourney, they played a violent rough game against Brazil as well and the ref in that game ignored many violent fouls committed by dutch players.

BOOM

1278875sdsdrshg.gif

Silly this wasn't a red.

I remember Evans doing the same to Drogba last season and it was Drogba who got the yellow :rofl:

And people said that he was faking :pinch:

BOOM

1278875sdsdrshg.gif

Silly this wasn't a red.

Agreed. Holland should've been playing with 10 players, maybe even 9 from all of Van Bommel's and Robben's antics, for most of the game.

Most of the cards for the Dutch were well deserved. They cheated and bullied their way through that final, and they should be ashamed of the way they acted.

I thought Webb had good game considering the **** he had to contend with. He could easily have sent off a load of people and then it would have been an absolute mauling for the dutch..

Very poor game, from both sides. Spain wins by default.

Frankly I didn't care who wins, but I lightly prefer Netherland. You can't go against Paul anyway, so...

I remember Evans doing the same to Drogba last season and it was Drogba who got the yellow :rofl:

And people said that he was faking :pinch:

True, problem is Drogba cried wolf wolf so many times before that.

Same with that C. Ronaldo fellow, fakes so much no one believes him anymore.

Puyol should have got the second yellow for his rugby tackle on Robben. That would have changed the match. But overall Spain were the better team. Spain-Brazil or Spain-Argentina would have been a much better final.

I thought Webb did well to stop the game from becoming a farce, even if in hindsight Holland should have been down to 9 men at half time. The right team won in the end, Spain were the only ones who were playing football the whole game.

Fifa will be praising Webb for not making the Final a non-event by making Holland play 45 minutes with 8/9 men.

no it was a accident.

Who cares? He was nowhere near the ball and it was an extremely dangerous play. Just imagine if his cleat had been up a little higher. :pinch:

That should've been an easy red for the ref.

I'm just glad that the team that deserved to win did win. I don't know what the Dutch were playing, but it wasn't football.

its alright people jumping on the refs back about that challenge, yeah it was a red but you have to think about the positioning of the ref, if he didn't have a clear shot of it how can he justify sending him off for something he didn't have a good look at? People are too quick to judge