[WC2010] Final: Netherlands vs. Spain (Game 64)

Who will win the Final?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. The Netherlands or Spain?

2. 2. How many goals will The Netherlands score?

3. 3. How many goals will Spain score?

So England get $9 million for their miserable failure, even though they don't deserve a penny of it. Shameful really.

At least it will help pay for Capello.

Euro 2012 should be epic, if Germany, Spain, Netherlands(before the final) keep it up.

England, Italy, and France should have different teams too.

I've only watched Germany vs Spain and the second half of the final, and it seems to me that both teams were afraid of Spain, playing back in defense and relaying on quick counters when possible (which was not that often).

I'm not really into football, but I don't think that makes a winning strategy unless you are lucky (more so when facing both Pujol and Casillas), and it definitely doesn't make for an enjoyable match.

I am sorry but if you guys think this game was fairly refereed then I'd call you ignorant.

Was I the only one that saw that the a goal kick was given to Spain after the Netherlands had a free kick which deflected off the Spanish wall and went outside behind the net? That should've been a corner, that goal kick is what led to the goal that the Spanish got FYI.

This game was rigged, I am sorry. I was behind Germany this whole cup, but watching this game was disgusting in terms of officiating. Both teams played dirty, both the Spanish were good at acting :blink:.

Watch the game again and look a little closer at everything, it was not a fair game in my books.

FIFA seriously needs to implement technology in the decisions that are taken on the field.

WOW, it seems a mixed martial arts game... :blink:

+ 1 Drama/Acting on the Spanish side :rolleyes: :unsure:

Somebody should put on a cleat and do a flying kick to your chest. I bet you wouldn't think Alonso was acting anymore.

Seriously? drama? Would you put yourself infront of netherland player for recieve that kick? uhms, maybe i am a little bit coward. Even so, that's not football.

I am sorry but if you guys think this game was fairly refereed then I'd call you ignorant.

Was I the only one that saw that the a goal kick was given to Spain after the Netherlands had a free kick which deflected off the Spanish wall and went outside behind the net? That should've been a corner, that goal kick is what led to the goal that the Spanish got FYI.

This game was rigged, I am sorry. I was behind Germany this whole cup, but watching this game was disgusting in terms of officiating. Both teams played dirty, both the Spanish were good at acting :blink:.

Watch the game again and look a little closer at everything, it was not a fair game in my books.

FIFA seriously needs to implement technology in the decisions that are taken on the field.

Holland was rough man, no one can argue that. And yes, Spain was acting a lot & they got a lot of free bees. The most boring football team won the WC.

All in all, a very boring, disgusting & **** world cup :yes:

It wasn't a soft impact either. The guy's body starting going in the opposite direction. I'm sure it wasn't the worst pain ever, but I bet it didn't feel good.

Did I say that the Spanish player was acting in that shot? I was referring to other incidents that happened throughout the game. That was clearly a foul and there is no argument about it, do I look like an idiot to argue that kick in the chest, even if it was an accident. Players needs to watch where the hell their feet and legs are going :rolleyes:

Did I say that the Spanish player was acting in that shot? I was referring to other incidents that happened throughout the game. That was clearly a foul and there is no argument about it, do I look like an idiot to argue that kick in the chest, even if it was an accident. Players needs to watch where the hell their feet and legs are going :rolleyes:

Then learn to quote better. :p You quoted a guy that responded to the flying kick.

Either way, the Spanish acting didn't start until late. I didn't like it, but it needed to happen to finally draw the red that the Dutch deserved. They should've gotten more reds, but you do with what you get, I guess.

The best team throughout the entire tournament won. Footballing justice was served tonight.

No. Maybe in the past year, yes. But in the tournament, 100% no.

The best team throughout the entire tournament won. Footballing justice was served tonight.

No,absolutely not.

I can name a few sides that were better throughout the tournament,Spain just had what it takes in the knockout stages.

Ah well, who ****ing cares anyway? I'm pretty sure the FIFA doesn't. I sincerely hope something good will come out of this worthless world cup: video technology on the football field. If the FIFA even now, still maintains it's not necessary, they should get a kick to face.

Anyhoo, congrats to Spain. Well played fellas, enjoy the win. :)

edit: oh right, time to remove that bloody signature...

I am glad they acted, that makes it even more hurtful to the dutch and their supporters, because of the way Dutch approached it, they were disgraceful, sure Spain acted on occasions but the dutch asked for it imo

Spain absolutely deserve to be champions, 2 defeats in 56 matches in 4 years with 43 games won when they score first. If this isn't deserving, please edit the world dictionaries.?

The real final was Spain-Germany (super game, especially tactically, skill wise and was fair), this final was the dutch buying their way into finals with a ridiculous stupid lopsided draw by FIFA. ?

(I can accuse of fixing as well you know, to the guy who said it was fixed in-favor of spain)

The Germany and Spain game was definitely a lot better and one of the better games in the tournament. Germany entertained its viewers and fans well.

Not a good way to end the World Cup. I am a Netherlands supporter and they made some horrid, horrid tackles. de Jong's Liu Kang kick was abysmal.

I was hoping that Sneijder would pull out another fantastic goal but alas, nothing came out of this game.

Although Spain had a good play I think that RedCard was uncalled... Heitinga didnt even touch him and he got a red card....

Also for the goal, there was an offside the first time the ball was passed forward and the referee didnt call it... you can see it on the repeat at fifa's web site

NED - ESP

Really a bad way to end a world cup...

Nothing funnier than to see Fernando Torres sprint and drop down because he couldn't cope with the pain.

i was more concerned about that... that man has a season to start in a month!

there couldn't be anymore proof then that that he was playing way under 100% this entire tourney then that.

Although Spain had a good play I think that RedCard was uncalled... Heitinga didnt even touch him and he got a red card....

Also for the goal, there was an offside the first time the ball was passed forward and the referee didnt call it... you can see it on the repeat at fifa's web site

NED - ESP

Really a bad way to end a world cup...

Heitinga himself might not have earned it, but the Dutch as a team certainly did. There were reds and double yellows throughout the match that never got called against the Netherlands. They really should've been down to 9 men for most of the match (Van Bommel should've gotten double yellow and De Jong should've been red carded for his Jet Li move). I imagine the ref was scared to make it a blowout for the final match by doing that, but it should've been done.

As for the offsides, Iniesta was possibly ahead of a defender the first time the ball was passed (close call), but it never got to him anyway (deflected away by a defender). Therefore, he isn't considered active and there's nothing to call even if he was ahead by a toe. The second time around (a.k.a the goal), he was well onsides when the ball was passed.

Agreed. That should have been a Red. Terrible refereeing.

It was poorly timed, but I really don't think it was deliberate. The Netherlands played so clumsy, I'm not sure any of it was intentional. It doesn't really matter though. I've seen more contact in baseball with a runner sliding into second base trying to kill a double play.

I think this can pretty much be the summary of this World Cup. The officiating did more to harm this sport than he does to help it. In extra time with a tie score you sometimes just have to let players play. Contact happens. Deal with it and move on.

From a personal perspective I could care less. I have little interest in either team. It, however, would have been nice to see something that resembled a fair tournament (pick your game). The ending was much deserved of what can only be described as an appropriate end to this disorder.

I'm actually quite disappointed with this World Cup: refereeing and FIFA were total **** (stadium screens being completely ignored), my country was sent back home quite humiliated, Germany looked to me like they sold their game against Spain, Brazil was almost null, UK, Argentina, France and Italy were nothing less than effing jokes (generally I don't like these last 3 teams but I recon they used to know how to play good, pretty and efficient football), emerging teams should have played better (Japan and Ghana to mention only two) and the final match should've been Germany vs Holland. Kudos to Spain for getting into the field willing to die for their victory and getting it after all these years; it was time, but I didn't like it... :crazy: -> :angry: -> :x

And for the next World Cup, Brazil has the national duty and obligation to win it, so they better start training up 'cause the way they're playing today, there's no foreseeable future for them. They'll get murdered on-site if the loose (unless 2012 strikes us first :rofl: )

</rant>

Awful world cup....

**** vuvuzela.

FIFA ruined it.

Rigged games, when you look back at the "abandon" of Italy, France, Brazil and the Germans (they way they played against Spain was not normal).

Spain did not deserve.

After watching this world cup it made me remember why it has been years since i turned on a TV.

Spain absolutely deserve to be champions, 2 defeats in 56 matches in 4 years with 43 games won when they score first. If this isn't deserving, please edit the world dictionaries.

VDP2N54CGW7UBZVAWJ74TP2XOC4QTS6R.gif

Statistics mean ****. Spain did not deserve to win.