[WC2010] Final: Netherlands vs. Spain (Game 64)

Who will win the Final?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. The Netherlands or Spain?

2. 2. How many goals will The Netherlands score?

3. 3. How many goals will Spain score?

Who cares? He was nowhere near the ball and it was an extremely dangerous play. Just imagine if his cleat had been up a little higher. :pinch:

That should've been an easy red for the ref.

just imagine if it was little to the left, he would of missed. the ref has to go on what happened, not what could of....what do they say about assuming.

but yes, it deserved red. Wasn't there a foul similar to this in one of the other games, what card was given in the game(i really cant remember who did it)

i only watched the last 10 minutes, and from the looks of the spanish defence/counter, they deserved to win, ill watch the highlights later.

Spain players are bunch of cheaters, half of the Yellow cars Nederlands received were for nothing, If Spanish players deserve a trophy it should be an Oscar. :crazy:

no it was a accident.

Dangerous play - red card offence. No two ways about it.

Spain players are bunch of cheaters, half of the Yellow cars Nederlands received were for nothing, If Spanish players deserve a trophy it should be an Oscar. :crazy:

That's an astounding, albeit understandably emotional point of view. NL should have been down to 9 men in the first half alone. Even Clarence Seedorf on the BBC couldn't believe Bommel and De Jong weren't sent off.

On another note, I think Paul's success rate of 100% deserves scientific inquiry into the matter.

Well notice how the winner's cube is always on the right side and this octopus always goes on the right.

Scientific my ass!, but none the less he succesfully prediticed the correct winner.

Man, you were watching a different game. I saw Robben dive about 10 times. Van Bommel too, not to mention all the fouls he got away with. For every yellow that the Netherlands didn't deserve, there was a play where they did deserve one and didn't get one. Hell, there were clear reds that should've been given out to the Netherlands. It was disgraceful how dirty they were playing.

Well notice how the winner's cube is always on the right side and this octopus always goes on the right.

Scientific my ass!, but none the less he succesfully prediticed the correct winner.

Then someone should check how the guy who puts the winning boxes on the right knows how to put them there :p

It was not ruled an own goal, so it still counts as a legit goal for the Netherlands.

That's exactly what I meant by especially "Sneijder".

I think van Bommel should have been sent off at least 3 times during this world cup. It was crazy the amount of tackles he got away with. In the Semi-Final he should have been sent off for a knee-high tackle too.

I thought the dutch where terrible. It was clear they had set up with the mindset of playing physically, and aggressively, Van Bommel in particular is a really dirty player, he could have, and probably should been sent off at least 3 times in this world cup. Holland's tactics destroyed the game as a spectacle, and the strange thing is, they looked like they could pose a threat to Spain going forward. Bad tactics from the Dutch lost them this final, and I don't agree that they where treated harshly at all, the way they played I feel they where lucky to end the game still with 10 on the pitch.

Before the game I wanted Holland to win, but that performance was disgusting for the so-called top match in the game. Well done Spain, thoroughly deserved.

Agreed.

Ah, so we're not dealing with a psychic octopus, but psychic aquarium employee!

The plot thickens...

Just put the cube on the right of the favourite, and more often than not you will get the right outcome.

Whoever picked which box to put where must be VERY rich by now...

(considering the 100% success rate) :p

For just qualifying, all 32 teams get $1 million from FIFA to cover costs of competing. Those who are eliminated from group play take home $8 million each. Money is handed out to other top teams as follows.

$9 million - Round of 16

$18 million - Quarter-finals

$20 million - Semi-finals

$24 million - Runners up

$30 million - Winners

intersting :rofl:

What a ****ing match that was. Unbelievable. That's all I have to say about it without getting warnings.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get hammered to relieve the disgust. :)

Absolute shameful and a disgrace the Dutch were. I would have been ashemd if i were dutch and my team had won with that performance, i would say even the matches in 60's were more sane and proper than the way Dutch were playing.

DeJong can now come to hong kong as the next Jet Li, he'll do good, he should be banned for 3 matches atleast.

And then the dutch have the audacity to form guard of honor for spain, that doesn't convince me you damn cheaters, thats right they knew they couldn't win fair and square so went for breaking heads and legs of Spaniards.

Spain were just dominant.

Played beautiful football, up until the actual part of taking a shot. They do seem to want to walk it into the net.

The best team certainly would tonight. What an injustice if that little **** Robben would of snuck a goal.

Wahooo!!