Barclays Premier League Season 2010/2011

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the title this year?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  2. 2. Who's getting relegated?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  3. 3. Who will take the scoring title?

• Drogba (Chelsea)
    • Rooney (Manchester United)
    • Bent (Sunderland)
    • Tevez (Manchester City)
    • Lampard (Chelsea)
    • Dafoe (Tottenham)
    • Torres (Liverpool)
    • Fabregas (Arsenal)
    • Adebayor (Manchester City)
    • Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
    • Saha (Everton)
    • Berbatov (Manchester United)
    • Malouda (Chelsea)
    • Anelka (Chelsea)
    • Bellamy (Manchester City)
    • Carew (Aston Villa)
    • Carlton Cole (West Ham)
    • Arshavin (Arsenal)
    • Jerome (Birmingham)
    • Other!

laugh.gif Congrats United.. I'll take United winning over Chelsea any day..

looking forward to your opening day match? :p ...what a match to start the season with!

looking forward to your opening day match? :p ...what a match to start the season with!

You mean Spuds v City? We don't play on the opening day (14th).. we play 'Pool on the 15th.. I hope we score a lot of goals otherwise with our keeping Torres and Co can tear our defence a new one.. unsure.gif

Breaking news now. O'Neil has resigned as Villa manager!

Link

It looks like it has something to do with the Milner deal.

He's a great manager.. just a guess but he's leaving coz they are not giving him transfer funds and he's losing all his best players.. he's a winner.. we need him at Arsenal..

You mean Spuds v City? We don't play on the opening day (14th).. we play 'Pool on the 15th.. I hope we score a lot of goals otherwise with our keeping Torres and Co can tear our defence a new one.. unsure.gif

I'm sure we can pull it off against Liverpool. We always start the season on a good note.

I'm sure we can pull it off against Liverpool. We always start the season on a good note.

I hope so.. but you compare Liverpool signings to our signings.. who did we sign except Chamakh? Koscienly is untested at top level.. while they got some good players in.. plus our GK will be just as awful if not worse than last year.. even someone who was watching Arsenal play for the first tome could tell the defence and especially keeping is weak and we need a new keeper and AW didn't.. I'll be honest if we lose another season coz Wenger was too stubborn to get a GK then I'll be glad if he doesnt sign a new contract with us..

On top of that RvP and Cesc are not sure to start.. why give Cesc the rest? He hardly played for 2 hours in the entire tournament.. RvP played the whole WC so its understandable to rest him..

I'm also hoping a bit that we do lose.. and by a lot.. that can be a blessing in disguise if it finally makes Wenger see our defensive and keeping shortcomings..

Southampton Owner Markus Liebherr Dies.

[Via BBC News]

Southampton have announced that owner Markus Liebherr has died, aged 62.

Saints have not disclosed the cause of death of the Swiss businessman, who took over at St Mary's in July 2009 to lift the club out of administration.

A club statement read: "His passing will come as enormous shock to everyone but most particularly, of course, to his family and wide circle of friends.

"Our thoughts are with them at this time. To say he will be missed is an unmistakeable understatement."

More to follow.

I hope so.. but you compare Liverpool signings to our signings.. who did we sign except Chamakh? Koscienly is untested at top level.. while they got some good players in.. plus our GK will be just as awful if not worse than last year.. even someone who was watching Arsenal play for the first tome could tell the defence and especially keeping is weak and we need a new keeper and AW didn't.. I'll be honest if we lose another season coz Wenger was too stubborn to get a GK then I'll be glad if he doesnt sign a new contract with us..

On top of that RvP and Cesc are not sure to start.. why give Cesc the rest? He hardly played for 2 hours in the entire tournament.. RvP played the whole WC so its understandable to rest him..

I'm also hoping a bit that we do lose.. and by a lot.. that can be a blessing in disguise if it finally makes Wenger see our defensive and keeping shortcomings..

We have got to have the thinnest defensive squad in the league.

Obviously you guys are going to lose Saturday. That's a given ;) But i think you guys are being wayyyyyyy to hard on your team. I picked them to win the entire thing. They stay healthy Arsenal is unreal. Only reason they lost last year was due to the injury bug.

I beg to differ.

You can.. but the fact is we didnt have Cesc, RvP, Arshavin for almost half the season and still finished 3rd.. lets see you finish in top 4 without Drogba, Lamps and Malouda..

Not to mention Gallas, Walcott, Ramsey and others..

Everyone suffers from injuries,Arsenal to a bigger extent but it's not luck you should blame.

Some of your players are so injury prone it's getting ridiculous.RvP should hardly be considered a starter after-all he averages 30 games per season,Lamps plays 50.I think the Barca boy got himself injured when you were already out of the title race.

As far as I'm concerned your inability to beat(or challenge) the other big boys is the main reason you didn't win(or got really close to)the title,injuries crippled you but they're not your biggest concern.

Southampton Owner Markus Liebherr Dies.

[Via BBC News]

Southampton have announced that owner Markus Liebherr has died, aged 62.

Saints have not disclosed the cause of death of the Swiss businessman, who took over at St Mary's in July 2009 to lift the club out of administration.

A club statement read: "His passing will come as enormous shock to everyone but most particularly, of course, to his family and wide circle of friends.

"Our thoughts are with them at this time. To say he will be missed is an unmistakeable understatement."

More to follow.

RIP Markus Leibherr, single handily saved our great club and put it back on the road to the top. Will be greatly missed but never forgotten.

Thought are with his family......

Bob Bradley has quit his job with the United States national team and is set to be named the new manager of Aston Villa, talkSPORT understands.

The USA coach has emerged as the favourite to succeed Martin O'Neill, who resigned earlier this week following a disagreement with chairman Randy Lerner about how to take the club forward.

Bradley took the USA to the second round of the World Cup in South Africa this summer and fellow American Lerner is said to be a big fan of the work he has done with his country's national team.

Bradley said after the World Cup: "I have said over and over that I am always excited about new and different challenges. Certainly coaching in Europe at some point is something that I would love to do."

The 52-year-old, who has previously managed MLS sides including DC United and Chicago Fire, will not be in England in time for Villa's opening Premier League fixture against West Ham tomorrow, but is expected to be unveiled as the new man at the helm at Villa Park next week.