Mafia II

Mafia II for you?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What version will you be purchasing?

• Collectors edition PS3
    • Collectors edition XBOX360
    • Retail PS3
    • Retail XBOX360
    • I will not be purchasing this title
    • PC

What a load of rubbish.

That happens when the developers have no passion or they are severely strained for time / money.

I wasn't say Mafia would be a all shiny, and no gameplay game. I said in most cases where devs concentrate on graphics, the gameplay goes out of the window ;)

I went like "whoa", opening Steams store page today seeing huuuge mafia ad plastered all over :D

Oh, and yes. Its up for preorders on steam.

Mafia? II Shipping with Steamworks

All PC versions leverage leading services for gamers around the world.

Pre-purchasers receive original Mafia? now.

Valve and 2K Games today announced an agreement to power all PC versions of the highly anticipated Mafia? II with a host of Steamworks features. All Mafia II players will enjoy the benefits of the Steamworks features included in all PC versions, such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements, Statistics, downloadable content, and more.

Customers who pre-order the standard or Digital Deluxe Edition of Mafia II through select digital retailers, including Steam, will be given a free digital copy of the award-winning original Mafia? game that they can access and play now.

"Using Steamworks to power Mafia II has been a great benefit for 2K Games and our development team," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "It's meant that we can spend more time creating content and a great experience for our customers because we know that Steam and Steamworks are enabling these important features within the game."

"Mafia II is joining Sid Meier's Civilization? V as the next title to use Steamworks from 2K Games," said Gabe Newell, President of Valve. "Our focus for Steam is on building services that create value for our customers and for creators, and Mafia II, with its all-new game engine and inclusion of Steamworks, is a great example of that."

Mafia II is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available in North America on August 24, 2010 and internationally beginning August 27, 2010. For more information visit www.steamgames.com.

Source: Steam News

Yeaaah thats the deal I got as well. All installed and sorted now. Just gonna wait till the weekend before I blast though it.

It is a great deal, however since I already own Mafia 1 (which I also bought from day 1) on PC I preordered the xbox collectors edition from amazon. Yeah, I'm a console traitor

It is a great deal, however since I already own Mafia 1 (which I also bought from day 1) on PC I preordered the xbox collectors edition from amazon. Yeah, I'm a console traitor

I already own two copies of Mafia #1, once on PC, and once on PS2. This now makes my third copy of #1 :D

Actually, I decided against buying the Digital copy. I believe when it's a Steamworks title we can use our retail keys on Steam, no point in paying extra then.

Its a hard choice between getting the game on PC or Xbox 360

PC:

Cost: ?25

Better graphics (I would hope on my ageing 8800GT anyway)

Xbox 360:

Cost: ?40

Sit on a cumfy sofa and play

Play the game early as there is no DRM

I'm tempted to go for the PC, however I know ill end up wishing I got the 360 version... then again there is no multiplayer so I dont know :pinch:

I'll be hooking up my 360 controller to the PC and doing HDMI-out, then I'll be playing away with proper graphics on my gaming chair! :D

Since there's no Multiplayer, I refuse to let a gem like that be ruined by the inferior graphics of console - I need a shedload of AA, AF and crystal clear textures :p

I'll be hooking up my 360 controller to the PC and doing HDMI-out, then I'll be playing away with proper graphics on my gaming chair! :D

You know I should just get a DVI to HDMI adapter and do that too, I already have the wireless gaming receiver and my gaming PC is pretty close to the TV too.

Nice idea (Y)

i'll be moving my PC tower to living room and hooking it up to my plasma for this one. might even try to use 360 controller too.. (though i love mouse for shooters)

last time i did this was for Crysis. Looked fantastic on huge screen.