What's the best HDTV?

dude i have an Xbox 360 Elite

Yes, and your TV is not getting the full signal to support the resolution it can provide. It's not your TV's fault. Try to play a Blu-Ray if you can, I guarantee it will be much nicer looking than the xbox 360

no matter where the viewing distance is, you will see jagged edges, i have my 55" mounted in my room with a futon and its pretty great in my distance

then either you have a pos as a tv or your source is crap. at about 1.5m i cant see jagged edges on a 26'', at about say 2.5-3m i cant see edges on my 50''. either my eyesight is ****ed or your wrong. Viewing distance makes an insane difference on the size of the tv you should get and the source material you should use.

I'm sorry but this thread is silly.

2 points:

1. If you think 19" TV is better than 52", you're sitting too close. In any case Forza 3 runs at 720p.

2. Consoles are not PC's - you can't just change bits around.. That would defeat the object of them being consoles.

:p

I'm sorry but this thread is silly.

2 points:

1. If you think 19" TV is better than 55", you're sitting too close. In any case Forza 3 runs at 720p.

2. Consoles are not PC's - you can't just change bits around.. That would defeat the object of them being consoles.

:p

+1, thank you. lol

Im playing my 240Hz on my Xbox 360 sometimes with HDMI sometimes with HD Composite, neither way, i have jagged edges, is it the firmware that could fix this?

Composite doesn't support the bandwidth for HD ... I think you mean Component.

You know i was talking about console gaming, right?

You know you can't just upgrade the parts in a console, right? That would defeat the whole purpose ...

not exactly a LCD/LED but the best HDTV are the Pioneer Kuro Elite line up. but since they stop making them about a year now. almost impossible to get a new one. I have a samsung 120 Hz and the kuro. the colour and blackness of the pioneer are unmatched by anything i have seen out there.

no matter where the viewing distance is, you will see jagged edges, i have my 55" mounted in my room with a futon and its pretty great in my distance

What ???

Lol... this thread is ridiculous. Either the OP is young... or not a native English speaker (no offense meant)??

As numerous people have stated:

1. Xbox 360 Elite is no better than a regular Xbox 360 (aside from the bundled hard drive)

2. Composite != (does not equal) component and CANNOT provide a 1080p signal to your TV... I'm not even sure if component (five colored cables) can push 1080p, at one point they could only do 1080i, not sure if newer component cables can do 1080p.

3. The "jagged edges" you see are because the Xbox 360 doesn't have enough power to perform anti-aliasing on the image as it is rendered

4. The closer you are to your TV, the more apparent the jagged edges will be (they are very difficult to see on small tv's without getting extremely close)

5. I don't know why you think that HDMI is "not worth it to you" but if you're complaining about poor quality, maybe you need some help properly setting up your entertainment system (with something other than composite/component)... with your TV you should be using nothing but HDMI, Toslink (audio), S/pdif, etc.

A good quality A/V receiver wouldn't hurt...

Lol... this thread is ridiculous. Either the OP is young... or not a native English speaker (no offense meant)??

As numerous people have stated:

1. Xbox 360 Elite is no better than a regular Xbox 360 (aside from the bundled hard drive)

2. Composite != (does not equal) component and CANNOT provide a 1080p signal to your TV... I'm not even sure if component (five colored cables) can push 1080p, at one point they could only do 1080i, not sure if newer component cables can do 1080p.

3. The "jagged edges" you see are because the Xbox 360 doesn't have enough power to perform anti-aliasing on the image as it is rendered

4. The closer you are to your TV, the more apparent the jagged edges will be (they are very difficult to see on small tv's without getting extremely close)

5. I don't know why you think that HDMI is "not worth it to you" but if you're complaining about poor quality, maybe you need some help properly setting up your entertainment system (with something other than composite/component)... with your TV you should be using nothing but HDMI, Toslink (audio), S/pdif, etc.

A good quality A/V receiver wouldn't hurt...

+ 1

dude if it was 480p i wouldn't have widesreen, obviously i'd get jagged edges to use the tv to stretch the screen.

Most Samsungs stretch full screen to wide screen ... Perhaps you should double check that you changed the output to the correct resolution.

No 1080p is not in the matter, i have a small 19" LCD Phillips widescreen that gives better quality than the 55"

That's just because the picture is squished and you're probably closer to it. The obvious reasons.

no dude, i changed every setting in the xbox and the TV. i have my 55" in the living room, my bedroom, or the room thats part of my kitchen. no matter how far....jagged edges

no dude, i changed every setting in the xbox and the TV. i have my 55" in the living room, my bedroom, or the room thats part of my kitchen. no matter how far....jagged edges

I've played Forza 3 on multiple displays and its always jagged on the guard rails and things like that. It's just the game. Try a Blu Ray and you won't see any jagged edges.

i have the Samsung 7.1 speaker + subwoofer Blueray player with ipod dock...still nothing

I think they are suggesting that if you actually PLAY blu-ray content that you will see the true performance (quality) of the display. The xbox 360 with sub-1080p content is not actually showing the "best" your tv can display. And I think someone pointed out that Forza already has a lot of jagged edges. That won't change.

i play blue-ray, its ultra clear and true 60fps. it could be just the connection of the console and/or the performance. I'm not going to stress it anymore.

i play blue-ray, its ultra clear and true 60fps. it could be just the connection of the console and/or the performance. I'm not going to stress it anymore.

That's what we have been trying to tell you the whole time ... BTW movies are only 24 fps ...

What is the best LED HDTV at its largest?

i did have a 55" Samsung LED 240Hz 3D ready (silver) but i didn't deliver the full quality. ):

You need an opinion from some one who has checked all the major models and tested them against each other as most people on this site will just state they have a (insert their brand) and say thats good.