I signed up for the beta as well. I played the original GW waaaay back in college, but I never touched the expansions. From what I remember it was solid, but my tastes have changed in the years since. We'll see if GW2 can still hold my attention if/when I get to play it.

I signed up for the beta, but their scanner is a piece of ****.

In this day and age, why oh why do they only check the C:\ drive for space? I have 4TB total of drive space, but I use a 40GB SSD for C:\ and only have 4GB left on it. Yet the damn scanner only reports on that drive.

Seriously, wtf?

In this day and age, why oh why do they only check the C:\ drive for space? I have 4TB total of drive space, but I use a 40GB SSD for C:\ and only have 4GB left on it. Yet the damn scanner only reports on that drive.

Seriously, wtf?

If you take a look at the ArenaNet twitter you'll see that you're incorrect, it does report the hardware - just only displays the primary in the brief readout before you send it.

There are lots of features we don't know about, just yesterday it was revealed that you could visit other servers for no fee (while still having a home server). We still know very little about Asura and Sylvari, about all the explorable areas, about dungeons and fight mechanics, about the other 2 maps in WvWvW, about lore obviously, about mounts (if there are any). Hell, even the skills and abilities aren't set in stone.

As for the NDA, you aren't even allowed to say that you are playing the Beta actually.

I beleive being able to switch servers at will has been known for a while.

We know enough for the moment(imo) about the sylvari from what's been posted on the main site and such. As for the asura, they we're in gw1, they weren't by any means the big unknown the sylvari were.

I know we don't know about ALL the explorable areas, that's why i didn't say "all".

I'm pretty sure we've seen and read enough about combat to have a good grasp of how it works.

There will no be mounts. That's what asura gates and map travel via waypoints are for.

As for skills, this late in development i highly doubt we'll see any skills getting completely revamped. If anything it'll likely just be lesser changes for balance.

Also, i find this bit of the beta faq on the nda kinda funny:

"ArenaNet has a right to protect its intellectual property. You are entering into a game world that is not complete and that is still in the testing phase. Any information or images released at this stage may give an incorrect representation of the game or unveil confidential information that jeopardizes future development."

It's kinda funny cause they've been showing off the game and stating pretty much every reason why it's the best thing to ever come to the mmo genre at just about every convention except for e3 for 2 years and only now they're suddenly worried about the game being seen in an incomplete state or that someones gonna steal their ideas or something.

I beleive being able to switch servers at will has been known for a while.

We know enough for the moment(imo) about the sylvari from what's been posted on the main site and such. As for the asura, they we're in gw1, they weren't by any means the big unknown the sylvari were.

I know we don't know about ALL the explorable areas, that's why i didn't say "all".

I'm pretty sure we've seen and read enough about combat to have a good grasp of how it works.

There will no be mounts. That's what asura gates and map travel via waypoints are for.

As for skills, this late in development i highly doubt we'll see any skills getting completely revamped. If anything it'll likely just be lesser changes for balance.

Also, i find this bit of the beta faq on the nda kinda funny:

"ArenaNet has a right to protect its intellectual property. You are entering into a game world that is not complete and that is still in the testing phase. Any information or images released at this stage may give an incorrect representation of the game or unveil confidential information that jeopardizes future development."

It's kinda funny cause they've been showing off the game and stating pretty much every reason why it's the best thing to ever come to the mmo genre at just about every convention except for e3 for 2 years and only now they're suddenly worried about the game being seen in an incomplete state or that someones gonna steal their ideas or something.

Does it really matter that much that it's worth arguing about?

I'm actually surprised that in-game server swapping hasn't been implemented in more server based MMO's. Phantasy Star Universe over 6-7 years ago had it and it made the game much more convenient.

I'm actually surprised that in-game server swapping hasn't been implemented in more server based MMO's. Phantasy Star Universe over 6-7 years ago had it and it made the game much more convenient.

Why would they let people do something for free when they can charge for it like blizzard does?

Seriously, wtf?

I thought the same thing but when I checked the websites FAQ it specifically says that the program only gives us a basic outline but they will receive more data including all your disk sizes and multiple GPU's - So they will know if you have 4TB of space and if you have SLI or Crossfire graphics.

Why would they let people do something for free when they can charge for it like blizzard does?

"Some of our more astute fans asked about the complications involved with switching servers and how it would interact with world bonuses. Every account has a home server where your characters are created. You can only fight for your home world in WvW. You can visit other servers, and while you are visiting, you still get the world bonus from your home world instead of the bonus for the world you are visiting. If you switch your home server, you lose the bonus from your previous home world and are not eligible for the bonus for your new server at least until the beginning of the next battle for the Mists. We may extend this disqualification into the next match or possibly even longer to discourage people from switching servers right before a battle ends in order to get an awesome bonus. You will have to pay a fee to change your home server (price undetermined), and that will also discourage people from server hopping to chase world bonuses."

Quote from Mike on his Q&A on reddit.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an e-mail today thanking me for signing up and it stated they "We know you're very eager for us to send out beta invitations, and we will be sending these confirmations out shortly.". Wondering if anyone got a beta invite or heard of anyone/place taking about receiving them? Or is it more expect it this week kinda of thing?

Got an e-mail today thanking me for signing up and it stated they "We know you're very eager for us to send out beta invitations, and we will be sending these confirmations out shortly.". Wondering if anyone got a beta invite or heard of anyone/place taking about receiving them? Or is it more expect it this week kinda of thing?

they trolled the **** out of me, I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw it in class, then I realized it wasnt an invite :'(

Yea, i was kinda excited when i saw "the guild wars 2 team" but then disappointed when i saw it was only a "thank you for signing up" message.

I presume they will be sending out the invitations any day now (if they haven't already). The thing is, this is a closed beta - meaning if someone does get in, they will be breaking the NDA if they tell you that.

they trolled the **** out of me, I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw it in class, then I realized it wasnt an invite :'(

Yea, i was kinda excited when i saw "the guild wars 2 team" but then disappointed when i saw it was only a "thank you for signing up" message.

Same here, I thought **** YES! I GOT IN. But then... nope, just a generic email.

You can pre-order starting April 10th. See: https://buy.guildwars2.com/

I might grab the Digital Deluxe.

I'm definitely pre ordering, I want the CE because ****ing awesome char statue, but that depends on pricing. Hopefully it's less than $70 but I doubt it will be. So is there any word on pricing or do we have to wait until April 10th?

Also @ Anaron or another mod who can edit the first post, there is minimum system reqs available now (subject to change):

• Windows? XP Service Pack 2 or better
  • Intel? Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
  • NVIDIA? GeForce? 7800, ATI Radeon? X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
  • 25 GB available HDD space
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • Keyboard and mouse

All in all those system reqs are really low. Only 256mb of vram?

Edit: Someone on twitter saying the CE will be $129.99, which leads me to believe the digital deluxe will be $69.99.

Same here, I thought **** YES! I GOT IN. But then... nope, just a generic email.

I'm definitely pre ordering, I want the CE because ****ing awesome char statue, but that depends on pricing. Hopefully it's less than $70 but I doubt it will be. So is there any word on pricing or do we have to wait until April 10th?

Also @ Anaron or another mod who can edit the first post, there is minimum system reqs available now (subject to change):

• NVIDIA? GeForce? 7800, ATI Radeon? X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
  • Keyboard and mouse

We will probably have to wait until April 10th. Also, it could be possible the lowest settings require a minimum of that. Meaning you can play even though you're going to be playing with the lowest settings available which it might not make it even worth playing the game for some people.

We will probably have to wait until April 10th. Also, it could be possible the lowest settings require a minimum of that. Meaning you can play even though you're going to be playing with the lowest settings available which it might not make it even worth playing the game for some people.

True, but those reqs are still really low. A system like that would have to be quite old, right? I can't even think of a card that is sold now with less than 512 mb of vram.

Odd, I didn't get a beta confirmation like some of you guys did....I definitely signed up for it, even had my friend do the same, and neither one of us got an email here recently about it.

Odd, I didn't get a beta confirmation like some of you guys did....I definitely signed up for it, even had my friend do the same, and neither one of us got an email here recently about it.

Maybe check your spam mail folder? Also my gmail automatically tagged it as a "bulk" email so if you have filters to hide certain things you might check in your filter folders, too. Anyways, it was just a generic email saying thanks for applying. Not missing much.

• Keyboard and mouse

Edit: Someone on twitter saying the CE will be $129.99, which leads me to believe the digital deluxe will be $69.99.

It says right on the page for the CE on the official website "msrp: $149.99". I was thinking about the CE before too, but at $150... that's a bit too much imo.

As for the minimum reqs: They may seem low, but when are games ever really playable(and enjoyable) at minimum reqs?

What i really want to know is.... Is that "access to all beta events" a CE only bonus? Or can the people who aren't willing(or simply aren't rich enough) to justify $150 on a single title get it with a normal pre-order? I really hope they don't shaft people by making it a CE only thing.