• 4 weeks later...

That PvP systems video has definitely caught my interest. The major thing that put me off from World of Warcraft is the amount of time it required to get the good items. This made it hard to enjoy the PvP aspect of it. I'm glad that Guild Wars 2 focuses on skill and not what items you have for PvP.

Eh, I was hoping by seeing this thread up on page 1 again that that meant something new was talked about somewhere. Instead it was just a video of a guy going over what we already knew.

Don't get me wrong though, i do like that a.net is smarter than, say.... blizzard is at handling pvp. It's just that i want details about it that we don't already know.

Well, what's it like? Isn't there a GW World?

GW is pretty unique in that there really aren't any games that are pretty similar to it.

GW is pretty unique in that there really aren't any games that are pretty similar to it.

Okay, I was just curious because I was once told it's like WoW but don't have to pay to play online.

If you were really interested you would start at Guildwars2.com

Due to being deployed, and on a haji network, they block access to this website.

Okay, I was just curious because I was once told it's like WoW but don't have to pay to play online.

Due to being deployed, and on a haji network, they block access to this website.

wouldn't worry about it too much, game probably won't be out till next year.

That PvP systems video has definitely caught my interest. The major thing that put me off from World of Warcraft is the amount of time it required to get the good items. This made it hard to enjoy the PvP aspect of it. I'm glad that Guild Wars 2 focuses on skill and not what items you have for PvP.

This has always been the case with Anet. They have a PvP Version of the game because of this. Items do not matter.

I'm really looking forward to both PvP variants but in particular World PvP has caught my eye. I have been waiting for a realm PvP where players can actually claim locations for themselves and allows the community to sculpt part of the world themselves. This may be my next MMO.

Btw, have they announced the payment method of the game. Is it the same as Guild Wars was?

Btw, have they announced the payment method of the game. Is it the same as Guild Wars was?

Yes, the same. Only this time you can also purchase in-game items, and not just extra character slots.

Yes, the same. Only this time you can also purchase in-game items, and not just extra character slots.

Where have they said you can purchase in game items? Like actual items with stats on them? You can't do that in GW1.

It's time for the 7th Professions it seems.

The Engineer

Honestly, i'm unsure what to say about it atm.

It looks completely out of range of what I'd expect in this game. Definitely not interested in this class. Quite disappointed, it's just a 'shooting' class, very bland looking to me.

I don't like that they're brought guns into it. Much prefer a bow & arrow ranger, magic and thief styles.

It looks completely out of range of what I'd expect in this game. Definitely not interested in this class. Quite disappointed, it's just a 'shooting' class, very bland looking to me.

I don't like that they're brought guns into it. Much prefer a bow & arrow ranger, magic and thief styles.

I don't get the gun hate. Do people just expect a world to stand still for 250 years and not advance anywhere?

You don't have to play with a gun if you don't want.

Where have they said you can purchase in game items? Like actual items with stats on them? You can't do that in GW1.

I'm not too sure about buying items like that, but the GW1 store is much more than just character slots - it's skill packs, heros that look like one of your characters, costumes, cosmetic items etc.

One thing that we know the GW2 store will have is transmutation stones - lets you transfer the stats of an item to a different skin.

^ Nope I don't think you can buy items with stats on them. You can only buy cosmetic items and services that improve the quality of life (slots and stuff)

• 1 month later...