[Official] Bulletstorm

nice game, ****ty engine (outdated and slow, need a lot of hardware), crappy graphics, but playeable. Its like what duke nukem forever should be.

define good graphics and engine then.

Agreed. Game looks beautiful.

Too many people focus on graphics but the atmosphere of the game, the general cohesion of the style and looks are very good.

This is how borderlands should've looked.

Too many people focus on graphics but the atmosphere of the game, the general cohesion of the style and looks are very good.

This is how borderlands should've looked.

Didn't Borderlands actually look like this before they went with the cell shaded style? IMO it was a good decision; it made the game stand out more.

Played 10 mins of it so far..graphics are indeed nice, and so is the general look of the game. What i dont like is that it feels very consoley, and very arkadish.

IW, is a good engine and I like the dead space 2 gfx (probably I said this game because Im in a hurry).

IW? Almost every review of Black Ops points out that the engine is old and it shows.

Bulletstorm gets praised for good graphics in most of the reviews I've read.

The graphics are great on the 360 version but I find Gear of War 2 to look quite a bit better especially the texture resolution. The lighting is what made Bulletstorm look good but the textures were really low res IMO.

IW, is a good engine and I like the dead space 2 gfx (probably I said this game because Im in a hurry).

Isn't IW basically the Quake 3 engine and Dead Space uses the Godfather engine?

So I just experienced a game stopping bug. Literally I could not progress because of this bug. I had to start from the beginning of the Chapter, really sucked. Not just me either, I found an entire thread on Giant Bomb about it...

All I will say is if you are having issues with a dropping platform and not being able to proceed, it is the same bug.

Information about the bug can be found here...

only fix is to restart, someone earlier in that thread mentions an action prompt, they were wrong. I tried that about 15 times to no avail. Sucks, as I basically wasted over an hour from getting to that part, then trying a good 15 minutes to see if there was something I was missing, to having to restart the chapter over. Apparently it is not just a PC bug either, it affects all versions.

I have a show stopping bug that's different. When controlling the dinosaur, he somehow got back to an area that was sealed off. Now I have to restart the level, and I'm at the end. FFS

I have a show stopping bug that's different. When controlling the dinosaur, he somehow got back to an area that was sealed off. Now I have to restart the level, and I'm at the end. FFS

Didn't suffer from any of those bugs (PC version).

Didn't suffer from any of those bugs (PC version).

I'm on the 360 version, Larry's using the PC version I believe.

I'm on chapter four now (haven't had a ton of time to play it), and it's really fun. The entire first chapter, though, was horrible. It wasn't fun, and how it tried to set up the storyline was just mind numbingly boring. I don't like any of the actual story elements they use cut scenes for, in fact -- I wish they would've stuck with trying to tell the story through gameplay, because it's so much more successful and funny when it does it that way.

Still, so far I'm pleasantly surprised since I wasn't impressed with the demo at all. I'd say it's a solid 4/5 thus far.

IW? Almost every review of Black Ops points out that the engine is old and it shows.

and I agree with them, because they use an OLD version of IW on black ops :p

The engine is really good and the physics is by far better than this one.

and I agree with them, because they use an OLD version of IW on black ops :p

The engine is really good and the physics is by far better than this one.

by 'IW' do you mean 'engine' ?

and speaking of engine, the engine used by Bulletstorm has alot of effects that you dont see in any COD engine, like someone else already pointed out... light shafts, better lighting, etc etc .... graphics are subjective and people can argue about what they like, but how can you possibly say that the physics in COD is better than this game?

Just picked this up today without playing the demo and haven't had a chance to play it yet due to looking after nieces! now got to get to bed damn it!

I also had a bug with the dinosaur after him knocking down the door the game didnt progress. Luckily with that one just had to restart the checkpoint and not the entire chapter.

by 'IW' do you mean 'engine' ?

and speaking of engine, the engine used by Bulletstorm has alot of effects that you dont see in any COD engine, like someone else already pointed out... light shafts, better lighting, etc etc .... graphics are subjective and people can argue about what they like, but how can you possibly say that the physics in COD is better than this game?

He meant "IW engine". It's used in all the Call of Duty titles and it's based on id Tech 3 (an engine that was used in Quake III Arena). In terms of features, it has nothing on Unreal Engine 3.

Dude the box says this is a DX10 game. This doesn't really surprise me from seeing it in action but I couldn't find that info anywhere else. :p

Nice.

If that's true then I'm not surprised, but not for the same reasons as you. Unreal Engine 3 doesn't support anti-aliasing in DX9 mode because of deferred shadowing and various post-processing effects. Of course, you can easily force anti-aliasing from your video card's control panel but that can cause rendering artifacts to appear. With DX10, anti-aliasing is made possible from within the game. Gears of War (PC) had a setting called "DX10 anti-aliasing" which applied 4x anti-aliasing. If Bulletstorm does indeed support DX10, then it only does so for anti-aliasing.

If that's true then I'm not surprised, but not for the same reasons as you. Unreal Engine 3 doesn't support anti-aliasing in DX9 mode because of deferred shadowing and various post-processing effects. Of course, you can easily force anti-aliasing from your video card's control panel but that can cause rendering artifacts to appear. With DX10, anti-aliasing is made possible from within the game. Gears of War (PC) had a setting called "DX10 anti-aliasing" which applied 4x anti-aliasing. If Bulletstorm does indeed support DX10, then it only does so for anti-aliasing.

I'm only surprised because I could not find the information anywhere else. Usually people know.

I wouldn't be surprised if it uses it for more than you think, since it uses NVIDIA dev tools (APEX) I hadn't heard of either.

Still, until someone does an interview I guess we still have basically no info to go on.

I'm only surprised because I could not find the information anywhere else. Usually people know.

I wouldn't be surprised if it uses it for more than you think, since it uses NVIDIA dev tools (APEX) I hadn't heard of either.

Still, until someone does an interview I guess we still have basically no info to go on.

Ah, I see. I guess I agree with you. When you said "This doesn't really surprise me from seeing it in action", I thought you were implying that it doesn't surprise you because it looks good. As for what I said earlier, I was merely going by previous implementations of DX10 in Unreal Engine 3. As far as I'm aware, only 2 other games have it: Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3.

Regardless, Bulletstorm is a damn good-looking game.

started playing it and it's fun and overall quite good. i don't think it's better looking than Black Ops, and this is after boycotting Black Ops. matter of taste i suppose. like the fact that it seems to take place in the same universe as Gears. or at least a very similar one. The weapons sure looks similar, as do the muscle clad dudes. Ishi is kinda like that Lt from the first Gears, the one that gets skewered by RAAM. this looks like it'll be a solid shooter with decent replay value.

and Presence, go **** yourself, really. please, don't delay.