[Official] Bulletstorm

725454302.png

430456396.png299811636.png969632635.png

Developer(s): People Can Fly, Epic Games

Publisher: EA

Engine: Unreal Engine 3.5

Description:

Set in the 26th century on Stygia, a planet where paradise was lost and has since been overrun with rampaging freaks, flesh-eating plants and creatures the size of skyscrapers, Bulletstorm tells the story of Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato. As ex-members of an elite military force called Dead Echo, Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato are mercenaries on the run across the galaxy, until they are stranded on Stygia, where their main objective is to survive long enough in order to exact revenge on the one person responsible for their plight. In Anarchy multiplayer mode, teams of up to four players fight together to survive waves of blood-thirsty mutants while scoring Skillpoints in order to advance. In Echo mode, Bulletstorm tracks and compares players’ scores through locations found in the campaign. Through the Skillshot system, Bulletstorm provides stylish, imaginative ways to perform spectacular kills with some of the most unique weapons ever seen, including the Boneduster, a four-barreled shotgun that packs an incredible punch, to the Headhunter, a sniper rifle that allows player to guide the bullet as it reaches its target. [Source]

Links:

Official website: http://www.bulletstorm.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/bulletstorm

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Bulletstorm

Reviews Round-up:

IGN – 8

The Escapist – 4/5

Eurogamer – 9

GamePro – 4.5/5

Joystiq – 4.5/5

Destructoid – 9

GamesRadar – 10

Screenshots:

304962020.jpg

198862079.jpg

769218327.jpg

Videos:

---------------------------------------------------------

I've been following this game for awhile now and noticed that no one has made a thread for it yet. For now, this will serve as the official thread (which I will update closer to the game's release date). Anyway, it's a first-person shooter developed by Epic Games and Polish video game developer People Can Fly. It's built using the latest version of Unreal Engine 3 which, in my opinion, looks amazing.

To those that are wondering about the game's "home platform": it was originally developed for the PC and later ported to the Xbox 360 and PS3. That should be good news for the PC gamers out there.

The current release date is February 22, 2011 and no demo has been released yet.

Edited by Anaron

There've been a couple of threads on it, actually, but it doesn't get a steady stream of media like big name franchises, so the threads kinda slow down.

Looking forward to it, though! (Y)

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Looks beautiful, constant action, and cool weapons (hopefully lots to choose from as well). What's not to like?

I especially like the funny dialogue they put in.

"You scared the dick off me!"

"I predict an imminent 'getting the **** out of here'!"

"Hey, where did this giant dick come from?"

Hopefully the entire game is loaded with those. I don't know why I find those so awesome, but I do :).

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Looks beautiful, constant action, and cool weapons (hopefully lots to choose from as well). What's not to like?

I especially like the funny dialogue they put in.

"You scared the dick off me!"

"I predict an imminent 'getting the **** out of here'!"

"Hey, where did this giant dick come from?"

Hopefully the entire game is loaded with those. I don't know why I find those so awesome, but I do :).

I fear it may be toned down :( The chatter is a lot of fun and it'd be a shame to see it go but the gameplay looks insane fun - that giant wheel level looks amazing and the gunplay mixed with the gravity-gun type stuff looks brilliant.

will be getting it, but have to say the trailer and media that's out right now looks decidedly dev-kittish, i mean there's no way the game will look like that on 360/PS3. PC, yeah, maybe. i'm not saying it looks super amazing, but there's just something about it...

will be getting it, but have to say the trailer and media that's out right now looks decidedly dev-kittish, i mean there's no way the game will look like that on 360/PS3. PC, yeah, maybe. i'm not saying it looks super amazing, but there's just something about it...

It looks like all trailers were shot using Xbox360, imo, judging from the prompts to press "A" to slide down the tunnel etc.

It did look deceptively smooth in busy parts but, then again, character models weren't all that detailed either so maybe they've traded character textures for speed.

It looks like all trailers were shot using Xbox360, imo, judging from the prompts to press "A" to slide down the tunnel etc.

It did look deceptively smooth in busy parts but, then again, character models weren't all that detailed either so maybe they've traded character textures for speed.

It may have been the PC version with an Xbox 360 controller. Then again, it may have been the Xbox 360. I think the former is more likely because of the graphics quality and lack of frame-rate drop. The fact that the developers at People Can Fly had issues running early builds of the game on consoles due to memory limitations reinforces this.

hopefully it'll look as good as the preview materials make it seem. it looks like a glorified Painkiller, which can't be a bad thing. However, from the release window it looks like it'll have to compete with DNF.

I've been really burnt out on FPS games for a while now (tired of franchise rehashes), but this one really looks interesting and it's got an innovative angle to it, so I'll probably pick it up.

If you guys are grabbing this I may as well too.

I don't know about our regular XBL crew, but most likely I'll be keeping this game from Gamefly if the MP plays anything like UT

Are there any MP clips? Is it anything like UT?

I don't think so. All I've seen so far has been footage from the SP campaign. It's similar to Unreal Tournament 3 and much better looking. It'll have a campaign of its own like Gears of War complete with mini bosses and bosses. It also features an cool gameplay mechanic called the "Skillshot system". Basically, it's a way of killing enemies in an over-the-top and interesting way.

Check out this interview for more info: