UFC 121 - Lesnar vs Velasquez

Well let's hope it turns into a good fight, i am rooting for Cain but even if Brock wins i hope it turns into a great on the feet bout. I have to agree that if Lesnar takes it to the ground he will probably overpower CV, so i hope they get to duke it out on their feet. Plus it would be great to see just how long Lesnar can last with all that weight, can he go 3 or 4 rounds or maybe even 5 and still inflict damage on his feet. Like i said i'm hoping CV wins but i have doubts.

After Lesnar's recovery from that intestinal illness he lost a lot of weight, he said in an interview he manages to walk around between 265-270, compared to the 295-300 mark..

Junior Dos Santos recently discussed tonight's Lesnar vs. Velasquez fight,here are the highlights?
On Lesnar vs. Velasquez: "I'm so excited for this fight because I will know who is going to be the guy I will take the belt from," Dos Santos said on Friday. "I think Velasquez has a very good chance to be champion, but against me, it's going to be different. I think Brock's a good fighter, too, but it doesn't matter who's going to win. When they fight against me, I will knock them out."

Lesnar got his ass handed to him. It was almost embarrassing since there was almost at no point he had the upper hand in this match. Perhaps he grew complacent.

Feel sorry for Kampmann; Jake Shields didn't do a damn thing the entire fight and when Kampmann dominated Shields the 3rd round a judge still gave it 30-27 to Jake.

Cains won 9 fights 8 by knockout most in the first round whoever gave Brock his game plan should be fired.

Things i've learned from ufc 121

1. Cote still lacks any wrestling, which is sad cause i really like him.

2. Diego is best at 170, finally looked like the old diego again.

3.Gonzaga and Gilbet Yvel will be cut.

4. Tito will never be in top 10 again, and should be cut for not having a win since 2006.

5. Shields was very unimpressive and was completely gassed. Kampmann got robbed on score cards.

6. Lesnar is a *****. He was exposed in the Carwin fight, and even more so in this fight. For as big and "bad" as he appears, when he gets hit with any random punch he curls up into the fetal position and hopes for the best.

7. Cain will hold the belt for a very long time.

Also... WTF is up with that undertaker thing, i watched the video which you can see here

and undertaker says "so we gonna do it" or something to that effect and brock does nothing.. wtf is up with that.

I did some digging around and rumor is that WWE wanted brock to make a return at the next wrestlemania to fight undertaker, because it would be a HUGE ppv and money maker. And because of Dana's post fight comments with Ariel Helwani, saying that him and Brock have butted heads lately, makes me think uncle Dana isn't gonna let it happen.

Also, according to post fight comments by Dana, Tito will most likely be cut.

Not happy about the Brock fight, Brock came out storming and should've carried on like that, got caught with a few punches like any fighter does and just didnt seem to know what to do.. Like Rogan said he is a newcomer to the sport, always improving..

Told you Shields was goin to flap against Kampman, he was robbed, Shields was **** apart from his relentless holding on, gassed way too early, not impressed at all. I always said Kampmann was going to win and he shouldve!

Diego was very impressive, most of the time he is i just like his style his attitude and his aggression, bit of a weirdo though. Good UFC!Not happy about Brock though, but what hurts him only makes him stronger.. Brock 2 years down the line against Cain 2 years down the line, personally i think Brocks development is going to outshine Cains massively, watch out future!

Not happy about the Brock fight, Brock came out storming and should've carried on like that, got caught with a few punches like any fighter does and just didnt seem to know what to do.. Like Rogan said he is a newcomer to the sport, always improving..

Told you Shields was goin to flap against Kampman, he was robbed, Shields was **** apart from his relentless holding on, gassed way too early, not impressed at all. I always said Kampmann was going to win and he shouldve!

Diego was very impressive, most of the time he is i just like his style his attitude and his aggression, bit of a weirdo though. Good UFC!Not happy about Brock though, but what hurts him only makes him stronger.. Brock 2 years down the line against Cain 2 years down the line, personally i think Brocks development is going to outshine Cains massively, watch out future!

I thought i was alone in thinking diego was a bit "weird"..lol

I know you're a brock fan and dissapointed by the loss and all but Brock in 2 years, or Brock in 10 years, it's not gonna matter. You can't train for not being able to take a punch, or train your face to not look like this:

brocklesnarface.png

Brock Can't take a punch, or damage, AT ALL, and i don't see that changing.

i still havent seen the fight but i'm glad CV won, is about time he gets more recognition. Great fighter and i'm sure the fight proved that. I'm sure he will make quick work of JDS, should be no problem with his stand up game.

HAHAHAHAHA :woot:

I told you guys!!

My comments on the fights:

* Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee - Court McGee took a while to get into the rhythm, took quite a beating in the first round but came out on top and won by submission. He's improving but still has a long way to go before he jumps in competition level.

* Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor - A wrestlefest but entertaining. Cote could not defend a takedown to save his life. Lawlor manhandled him and that mustache... priceless.

* Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields - Seriously? I know that Kampmann has great stand-up but Shields had ZERO stand-up skill. He just stood there and got kneed in the face. He looked like Jon Fitch 2.0, could outgrapple an octopus but didn't bring anything else to the table. If he was facing someone that went all out with the strking, he would have been done. Being in WW Diego Sanchez could make him his meal. His cardio was also weak but maybe that's because of the weight cut. I don't know if Dana will give him a direct title shot after this exibition. But I hope that they don't make it a Fitch - Shields eliminator because people would just start sleeping in the arena.

* Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago - Speaking of Diego, he looked very impressive in dominating Thiago. I know that Thiago gassed, badly, but that's part of the game. Sanchez looks back on track.

* Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz - Why isn't Ortiz retired? "Best shape"? Really? It was a ridiculous from both guys. It's like Cro Cop vs Barry ALL OVER AGAIN. Too friendly, too much respect. Hamill should have finished Tito in the 3rd but just danced around. Still I don't think Tito will get cut because Dana doesn't want him jumping ship to Strikeforce.

* Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub - Schaub is quickly becoming one of the best HW prospects to emerge out of TUF. Together with Jon Madsen, he's on a win streak and putting on great perfomances.

* Jon Madsen vs. Gilbert Yvel - Good fight for another TUF prospect. Now with a 7-0 record, he is slowly climbing to a Main Card. Maybe we'll see Schaub - Madsen in the future.

* Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez - I BELIEVED IN CAIN VELASQUEZ. And my faith was rewarded. Now we are going to see Cain vs JDS and it is going to be AWESOME BEYOND WORDS. Brock went all out to finish Cain quickly but like I said, Cain's wrestling is very good and Brock couldn't keep him down and since that was his gameplan, when that failed he was done. Cain just used his superior striking and beat his face in. That cut he ended up with was nasty. The king is dead. Long live el rey!

i still havent seen the fight but i'm glad CV won, is about time he gets more recognition. Great fighter and i'm sure the fight proved that. I'm sure he will make quick work of JDS, should be no problem with his stand up game.

I think Cain will be champ for a while but you can't just underestimate JDS like that. As good as cain is, JDS is much better at stand up and much faster, problem is JDS doesn't have much wrestling background so it shouldn't be a problem for cain to ground and pound. But Cain would be stupid to just stand and trade with JDS.

One more thing.. is it just me or does to Shields standup look like one of those punching toys (forget the name of them) he has no footwork, he stands stationary with hands in front of face, and looks like a robot when he punches and kicks.

I thought i was alone in thinking diego was a bit "weird"..lol

I know you're a brock fan and dissapointed by the loss and all but Brock in 2 years, or Brock in 10 years, it's not gonna matter. You can't train for not being able to take a punch, or train your face to not look like this:

"http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6434/brocklesnarface.png"

Brock Can't take a punch, or damage, AT ALL, and i don't see that changing.

Holy hell that dude looks like he got rocked, did CV take alot of damage as well or did he inflict that much and win with a couple of scratches? Wow now i am really disappointed i missed the fight just by the looks of that pic.

I think Cain will be champ for a while but you can't just underestimate JDS like that. As good as cain is, JDS is much better at stand up and much faster, problem is JDS doesn't have much wrestling background so it shouldn't be a problem for cain to ground and pound. But Cain would be stupid to just stand and trade with JDS.

One more thing.. is it just me or does to Shields standup look like one of those punching toys (forget the name of them) he has no footwork, he stands stationary with hands in front of face, and looks like a robot when he punches and kicks.

Yeah i think i might be underestimating JDS abit, but CV does have a good stand up game so i am putting my money on CV, and just as you mentioned if he takes it to the ground i think it won't be TOO interesting.