UFC 121 - Lesnar vs Velasquez

HAHAHAHAHA :woot:

I told you guys!!

My comments on the fights:

* Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz - Why isn't Ortiz retired? "Best shape"? Really? It was a ridiculous from both guys. It's like Cro Cop vs Barry ALL OVER AGAIN. Too friendly, too much respect. Hamill should have finished Tito in the 3rd but just danced around. Still I don't think Tito will get cut because Dana doesn't want him jumping ship to Strikeforce.

* Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub - Schaub is quickly becoming one of the best HW prospects to emerge out of TUF. Together with Jon Madsen, he's on a win streak and putting on great perfomances.

* Jon Madsen vs. Gilbert Yvel - Good fight for another TUF prospect. Now with a 7-0 record, he is slowly climbing to a Main Card. Maybe we'll see Schaub - Madsen in the future.

* Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez - I BELIEVED IN CAIN VELASQUEZ. And my faith was rewarded. Now we are going to see Cain vs JDS and it is going to be AWESOME BEYOND WORDS. Brock went all out to finish Cain quickly but like I said, Cain's wrestling is very good and Brock couldn't keep him down and since that was his gameplan, when that failed he was done. Cain just used his superior striking and beat his face in. That cut he ended up with was nasty. The king is dead. Long live el rey!

At this point i really don't think dana cares if tito goes to strikeforce. His comments at the post fight conference pretty much said that tito would be cut and he deserves to be. 0-4-1 in last 5, why keep him. Tito USED to be a ppv draw, but he wasn't even co main event and got booed in his home state..lol I'm 99.9% sure he'll be cut and go to strikeforce where he will continue to lose.

Schaub is a beast, can't see him fighting madsen though, he's a couple of steps ahead of him. I think Schaub vs. Mir would be interesting, and possibly in the works from the post fight conference info.

I think Cain will be champ for a while but you can't just underestimate JDS like that. As good as cain is, JDS is much better at stand up and much faster, problem is JDS doesn't have much wrestling background so it shouldn't be a problem for cain to ground and pound. But Cain would be stupid to just stand and trade with JDS.

One more thing.. is it just me or does to Shields standup look like one of those punching toys (forget the name of them) he has no footwork, he stands stationary with hands in front of face, and looks like a robot when he punches and kicks.

Shields couldn't throw a punch to save himself. He put all of his eggs in the same basket with his grappling. When he got hit with the knees I tought it was all over. He just stood there and took it waiting for the takedown. It's Fitch 0.5 because Fitch doesn't get hit like that.

Holy hell that dude looks like he got rocked, did CV take alot of damage as well or did he inflict that much and win with a couple of scratches? Wow now i am really disappointed i missed the fight just by the looks of that pic.

Yeah i think i might be underestimating JDS abit, but CV does have a good stand up game so i am putting my money on CV, and just as you mentioned if he takes it to the ground i think it won't be TOO interesting.

CV had barely a scratch on him, and he DID take a few shots.

I also think CV will beat JDS. CV in my opinion is a near perfect all round fighter, he has a little bit of everything whereas JDS is great a standup and subpar at wrestling.

CV had barely a scratch on him, and he DID take a few shots.

I also think CV will beat JDS. CV in my opinion is a near perfect all round fighter, he has a little bit of everything whereas JDS is great a standup and subpar at wrestling.

Pretty much that. That's why I said that JDS vs Lesnar would be boring. Lesnar would be taking him down at will. If Cain vs JDS ends up being a stand up war, it will be awesome but Cain will end up on top eventually because he is more well rounded. JDS had a bit of trouble with Roy Nelson so I don't see him finishing Cain or lasting 5 rounds with him for a decision.

Wow i'm really surprised at how easily Cain destroyed Brock. I'm also surprised that Kampmann lost that match. Diego impressed me alot, all in all a really enjoyable card.

Another fixed sport, like pro wrestling and boxing. I can't believe how you guys fall for it time after time. :woot:

Troll - Yes. But the truth needs to come out. These guys are acting.

Of course he'd beat Lesnar, Lesnar's ground game is limited to wrestling and has less experience/fights than Cain. He'd need to work on some BJJ, Sambo or something else.

Another fixed sport, like pro wrestling and boxing. I can't believe how you guys fall for it time after time. :woot:

really? :laugh:

You really looking forward to JDS vs Cain, bun? If he did that to Brock i cannot imagine what he'll do to JDS.. It'll be a good fight but i think JDS needs one maybe two more fights before going in for the title, i may be wrong again as i was about last nights, i just dont think it'll make for a very long fight, but who am i to complain i love KO's :D

Shields has no stand up, terrible, shocking, Kampmann was clearly robbed, those knees were brutal!

obvious troll is obvious.

The Undertaker was being interviewed after Brock Lesnar's loss at UFC 121 when Brock walked by him. The Undertaker said, "Do you want to do it?" When asked, he said it was a "personal thing." For what it's worth, there is legit heat between Lesnar and Undertaker due to Lesnar deciding to get out of WWE and go to the NFL when people in the company felt it was time for him to do some jobs and put others over. 'Taker was one of the guys who was not happy about it.

You really looking forward to JDS vs Cain, bun? If he did that to Brock i cannot imagine what he'll do to JDS.. It'll be a good fight but i think JDS needs one maybe two more fights before going in for the title, i may be wrong again as i was about last nights, i just dont think it'll make for a very long fight, but who am i to complain i love KO's :D

Shields has no stand up, terrible, shocking, Kampmann was clearly robbed, those knees were brutal!

Cain has the edge over JDS, sure. But the fight will be awesome and it's almost certain that it will end in spectacular fashion. JDS is in the right place for a title shot. Carwin is tangling with Roy Nelson. Schaub has called out Frank Mir. Kongo, Cro Cop and Mir are totally out of the picture. Cain vs JDS is the fight to be made now so that more good fights can be made in the future like Lesnar vs Mir, loser of Carwin vs Roy vs the loser of JDS vs Cain and so on.

Shields should go back to 185 and be fed to Michael Bisping or something. :no:

Or Chael!

Because at 170, both Koscheck and GSP will smash him to pieces.

I just watched the fight again for the 4th time..lol

I'm just boggled as to how such a big "badass" man can crumble so quickly. Aside from the crazy flying knee he threw in the beginning, he was actually doing quite well striking, he has an incredibly long reach and no doubt hits very hard, but the minute (literally) he gets hit, he just buckles and runs/ducks/curls up, it's kinda sad to see. I'm not saying I could do any better, it's just odd to see. But when you think about it coming from a WWE/wrestling background has got to give you the mentality that strength is everything. For years he was famous for his muscle power and never actually had to take hard strikes, so maybe it's because he was so used to NOT getting hit that when he actually does it's a survival reflex to duck and cover. Who knows, maybe i'm just over analyzing it, perhaps he's just a big guy with a very low tolerance for pain.

I just watched the fight again for the 4th time..lol

I'm just boggled as to how such a big "badass" man can crumble so quickly. Aside from the crazy flying knee he threw in the beginning, he was actually doing quite well striking, he has an incredibly long reach and no doubt hits very hard, but the minute (literally) he gets hit, he just buckles and runs/ducks/curls up, it's kinda sad to see. I'm not saying I could do any better, it's just odd to see. But when you think about it coming from a WWE/wrestling background has got to give you the mentality that strength is everything. For years he was famous for his muscle power and never actually had to take hard strikes, so maybe it's because he was so used to NOT getting hit that when he actually does it's a survival reflex to duck and cover. Who knows, maybe i'm just over analyzing it, perhaps he's just a big guy with a very low tolerance for pain.

He gets hit in the face and curls up to a fetal position. If Carwin hadn't gassed himself out (or adrenaline dumped himself out whatever) he would have been champion. He knew he was going to lose as soon as Cain didn't get taken down and started punching back.

Wow, WHAT A PPV!

Some people here were hyping up Shields, but that guy totally disappointed. I was more impressed with Kampmann than Shields.

And who thinks the Lesnar fight was fixed? No way can Lesnar be destroyed like he was. Amazing.

Still think all this is real? Come on, the Undertaker is there and Brock just happens to walk by! Anyone who pays to watch this thinking it is authentic is being played. Remember, there is no independent governing body for the UFC, so they're no different than pro wrestling in that regard. This is entertainment, not sport.

Crap, this is better than a soap opera! I'm waiting for "Mean Gene" Okerlund to show up! :laugh:

Speculation is that Brock is going back to the WWE.

Source

Wow, WHAT A PPV!

Some people here were hyping up Shields, but that guy totally disappointed. I was more impressed with Kampmann than Shields.

And who thinks the Lesnar fight was fixed? No way can Lesnar be destroyed like he was. Amazing.

The same thing happened with Carwin Brock just struggles with good boxers and no way does Brock have a glass jaw it's not as if he just got hit once then got KOd he got hit by around 30 punches got taken down then got ground and pounded and to all the people saying omg I told you Brock would lose you've been saying this every time Brock fights. :sleep: