[Official] Fallout New Vegas

It's only the amount of save slots you can have. You can overwrite as many times as you want.

Yeah, do you really need 100 save slots? I personally play through games most of the time using a single save slot. At most I use 5-10 slots so I can go back and visit something cool I thought I might like to see again. Why would you need 100 save slots? Only your latest save is going to have your newest gear and what not...

Yeah, do you really need 100 save slots? I personally play through games most of the time using a single save slot. At most I use 5-10 slots so I can go back and visit something cool I thought I might like to see again. Why would you need 100 save slots? Only your latest save is going to have your newest gear and what not...

The Xbox360 version only allows me 100 saves at the moment (I'm sure a patch could fix). However, you can use a USB thumb drive, and then you have 100 saves there, and another thumb drive for an additional 100 drives. I don't use that many saves, but it is an easy way to get additional saves, not to mention a great way to back up some of your saves as well. Just a thought.

here is what I'm seeing on my xbox..

post-169609-12889634698009.jpg

I checked my HD and I still have 3.9 gb left

Go delete or overwrite some, I would save like crazy on Fallout 3 and ended up with god knows how many, and then I deleted them all and realised I never actually used any of them.

So now I keep around 4 saves, one before I go in somewhere, say a vault or other quest line, and a second one for progress during it and a second in case of corruption sometimes, and then generally one or two other saves for important things I might want to come back to.

Deathclaw Promintory :cry:

ScreenShot6.jpg

The corpses it speaks of yield:

ScreenShot7.jpg

Remnant Power Armour - best power armour in the game. It also has the T51b power armour - second best power armour in the game, a tri-laser rifle and a multipas rifle.

The remnant helmet is in the Ruby Hill Mine (where I killed the Legendary Cazador)

Oh and I found this armour elsewhere:

ScreenShot5.jpg

Deathclaw Promintory :cry:

The corpses it speaks of yield:

Oh and I found this armour elsewhere:

Nice chinese stealth suit. Where might you have acquired that set of armor?

Got this game recently, the graphics are slightly disappointing (i'm playing on ultra settings and it's not the best looking game ever), but the gameplay is fun. I just wish Bethesda/whatever company made this was better at gun controls, this game keeping the RPG element, but having the precise and unique gun controls of say Call of Duty or Halo (or even Borderlands) would be epic.

Got this game recently, the graphics are slightly disappointing (i'm playing on ultra settings and it's not the best looking game ever), but the gameplay is fun. I just wish Bethesda/whatever company made this was better at gun controls, this game keeping the RPG element, but having the precise and unique gun controls of say Call of Duty or Halo (or even Borderlands) would be epic.

The problem is that would take a bit of the RPG element out, if all guns were as precise as CoD/Halo. Gun skills are a part of this game, if you never pick them up while leveling your character is going to suck with guns. If you max them out as early as possible your character is going to be MUCH more effective. One thing I hate though is the complete lack of automatic weaponry. It seems that most weapons are single-shot or at the very least have a long pause time between shots (except for a few, obviously). Even the automatics though just don't feel like automatics....I want something that I can pull out at close range and just blast the hell out of something that made it to me. Often times I find myself jumping into VATS to take care of close-range enemies due to the lack of close range automatic stopping power.

Indeed, as Nagisan pointed out, if guns worked as well as a Call of Duty then a lot of the stats referring to weapons/VATS etc. would become pointless.

It's a lame excuse, but it is on purpose mostly to hinder so that it is something that has to be worked on as part of the RPG element of the game series so far, though the engine used really doesn't help the situation either.

Maybe in future Fallouts if they take the Guns and like stats out they can create a more CoD like shooting system, or maybe some other way to approach it.

Nice chinese stealth suit. Where might you have acquired that set of armor?

It's at the Hoover dam in a nuclear waste room inside a metal crate.

Has anyone else run into the broken save bug?

It seems there are some quests that can cause saves to fail on loading. I've barely played the game for 10 hours and I've been waiting for this new patch to fix it.

The one thing I like about Fallout, is the fact if you are not happy with the way things have gone just go back and do it again, I have got further ahead of this leval although, I went back and made a few changes, for the better really, I am now idolised :) I made changes to their plotted destination and got them 12.5% closer to their target. I didn't bother the first time around so I made the changes so I thought I would take a nice snapshot of their blast off.

:)

PC - STEAM

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1

* Companions now show up as waypoints on the map

* Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away

* Fix: DLC error/save corruption

* Fix: Stuttering with water effects

* Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.

* Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched

* Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk

* Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption

* Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings

* Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction

* Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list

* Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked

* Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn

* Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam

* Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight

* Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS

* Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

I havent got a patch update alert yet? How does steam work with updating games with patches??

Man one thing that keeps ****ing me off with Fallout NV is my damn character getting stuck in the terrain!

I havent got a patch update alert yet? How does steam work with updating games with patches??

Man one thing that keeps ****ing me off with Fallout NV is my damn character getting stuck in the terrain!

It's probably just done it in the background - you don't get any real notification, except for maybe a tiny popup in the corner which you may miss.